Pantheon: Nature Overdeities And Greater Gods
open/close all folders
The Lich (Adventure Time)
The Lich, Personification of Mass Extinction and Nuclear Waste
- Symbol: A horned, decaying head.
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever, Army of the Dead, Bigger Bad, Body Horror, Body Surf, Compelling Voice, Dangerously Genre Savvy, Dem Bones, The Dreaded, Evil Sounds Deep, Glasgow Grin, Hero Killer, Implacable Man, It Only Works Once, Knight of Cerebus, Nuclear Nasty, Omnicidal Maniac, One-Winged Angel, Not Quite Dead, Touchof Death, and Walking Wasteland, just to name a few.
- Allies: Nekron, due to having the exact same goal. There's also the Wither and Death Phantom. Other than that, no one wants to side with this guy.
- Enemies: Anyone who stands in the way of his goal of ending all life. So, pretty much everyone. Though the Adventure Time gods have earned a special spot in his eyes, as well as Nurgle and The Flood.
- More specifically, he's on top of the hit list for all members of the House of Life and Death, Nature and all dinosaur deities when they discovered he was the comet that killed them.
- When this guy ascended, everyone was put on edge. His infamous feats of destruction, death, betrayal, and trickery get around very well.
- The entire Pantheon would like to remind everyone that THE LICH KING IS NOT FUNNY.
- Don’t confuse him for the other Lich King. That will earn you a dose of Disintegration Breath.
- Finn and Jake were outraged after hearing he ascended. He did kill their hero Billy, after all. They have both worked towards getting him out, with no luck.
- Due to his goals, the GUAG and the GUAL have already started preparing for him. Surprisingly enough though, the GUAE and GUAC have as well. Melkor and Lucifer are smart enough to know he won’t play nice with them. Hell, not even the Disgraces want to risk antagonizing him.
- That is, except for Pinkamena, who found out the hard way. After learning of his success at being able to skin Billy, as well as managing to pull off a performance as him while wearing the elderly hero like a suit, she went to him, hoping to… ‘learn’. She came back with the most horrified look on her face anyone had ever seen from her. When asked about what happened, she simply said: “He showed me what I wanted to see… including everything I never wanted to know." It is unknown why he didn't just kill her.
- Most of the fellow gods in the Life and Death House despise him, since he not only wants to exterminate all life, but also constantly cheats any form of death. They have been working to find a way to ‘trap’ him so he won’t be able to escape the next time; they also help in the efforts to prevent him from killing everything that ever was, so as to keep the balance of life and death.
- The Lich took notice of the creature Buu very quickly when he ascended, and vice versa. Seeing each other’s capabilities, they have planned on possessing (Lich) or absorbing (Buu) the other. No one knows who would win that… ‘battle’, but many across the pantheon only wish that neither are successful.
- The House of Magic has grown highly cautious of him after seeing his capabilities: Body surfing, corrupting and destroying a galactic prison with only a breath, and an instance in which he made Finn and Jake collapse with only one word. They have begun working with the Life and Death pantheon in their efforts to put him down for good.
- Since he is always destroying what ‘killed’ him before, he has set his eyes on the Love and Friendship houses, and is waiting for the right opportunity to destroy them.
- Most gods thought he was mad before. But when he revealed that his goal included beings like Haruhi Suzumiya and Nyarlathotep, all gods deemed him downright insane. Haruhi, Gnarly, and others approached them only to laugh at the notion that he thought he could kill them; however, when he showed and told them just how much he knew about the universe, they grew silent very quickly. They still don't fear him at all, but they haven't commented on the incident.
Lich: Before there was time... before there was anything... there was nothing. And before there was nothing... there were monsters.
- At the moment, The Lich is stuck in an innocent, living body going by the name of Sweet P. Many gods, including Finn and Jake, think he is only biding his time as usual, waiting to break out and strike. But at this point, the pantheon is safe from his wrath… for now.
- Also holds a position in the House of Life and Death.
- "Fall. You are alone, child... there is only darkness for you. And only death for your people. These ancients are just the beginning. I will command a great and terrible army, and we will sail to a billion worlds. We will sail until every light has been extinguished. You are strong, child... but I am beyond strength. I. AM. THE END. And I have come for you, Finn."
- The Lich is the only individual in the entire pantheon who not only allies with Nekron, but actually looks up to him. While he made a bad first impression due to his habit of cheating death, Nekron has decided to put that aside since his Dangerously Genre Savvy strategies make him a really useful ally. Everyone is trying to prevent him coming in direct contact with Nekron though, since a Black Lantern Lich would doom us all.
- Looks at the Wither with interest, noting its destructive tendencies. As he is technically undead, the Wither can't harm him, and as such, it's become one of his Elite Mooks.
- Most people originally assumed that he and The Flood would get along swimmingly, given their undead natures and destructive tendencies of galactic proportions. Quite the contrary though, as The Flood itself is disgusted with his mission to kill all life, as that would deny it the eternal suffering it desires of all things. This once came to a head when The Lich allowed himself to become infected by the parasite in an effort to take control of it. Unfortunately for him, he learned the hard way that one doesn't try to control the Gravemind and got a healthy dose of Mind Rape for his troubles before the Gravemind let him go. He has since sworn to destroy it for this.