The Main House, where dwell the highest of the high. These are the gods with power
, the ones who suffer no setbacks when killed, even if Virtuous refuses to resurrect them. Most of it is off-limits to visitors - the entrance is a round, tiled island surrounded by fathomless water and ringed by high waterfalls, where a visitor can call out in hopes of being granted an audience... but most of it might as well not exist at all, unless one is actually called there. Greater Gods can't visit unless they're wanted; even Carmen Sandiego
can't break in.
Those who have
been called in or granted entrance come out with radically different stories about what it looks like. As of recently, a relative consensus has been reached - several gods and visitors consider the interior House reminiscent of an office, complete with cubicles - but this is still quite heavily contested by those who remember walking through throne rooms, run-down palaces, Fluffy Cloud Heaven
, and similar architectural forms and anomalies.
Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, Gods of Dungeons & Dragons and Creators of Gods
- Symbol: A D20.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good and Lawful Good, respectively
- Portfolio: Dungeons & Dragons, Fun, Dragons, Divinity.
- Domains: Craft, Scalykind.
- Gygax's mortal shell was cast off March 4, 2008 and Arneson's on April 7, 2009. The sacrifice of so many hours of free time skyrocketed them both to Overdeities of Craft.
- Originators of concept of Godhood.
The Holy Trinity
They are the equivalents of the Almighty God
in the Pantheon.
Dream of the Endless, Prince of Stories
(Morpheus, The Dream-King, Lord Shaper, Oneiros, Daniel Hall, countless others
Eru Ilúvatar, God of Creation
- Theme Music: Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics.
- Overdeity (The Anthropomorphic Personification of dreams and fiction, to be precise)
- Symbol: His tools: A Bag of Sand, a Helm and a Ruby Necklace.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral (although he can go Chaotic Neutral in one of his more... somber moods)
- Portfolio: All that isn't real and all which that entails. By the same hand, all that is real and all which that entails.
- Domains: Creation, Dream, Law, Illusion, Mentalism, Trickery, Opening.
- Followers: Anyone who in any way deals with dreams or calls themselves "the sandman" in reference to Dream. His current aspect's grandfather, Hawkman, is one of these; he's very proud of his grandson and goes through the motions to humor him.
- The one to whom, ultimately, even gods belong. It is rumored that, in the same way that a coin is never one-sided, He also holds domain over physical reality as well. Makes sense, since pretty much anything created in the real world must have sprung from an idea, and, well, he's pretty much the personification of ideas. He is also the younger brother of Death and arguably defers to her in situations.
- It is because of Dream that the Pantheon exists at all; He or some aspect or precursor of Him formed it in the beginning of imagination. Unlike the others in the Main House, Dream very rarely makes a production of getting involved or physically exercising His power. This has lead to many would-be usurpers underestimating Him.
- Very nearly every deity has spoken to Dream within hours of ascension into the ranks of godhood. It is believed that He assigns initial positions to new gods, sometimes through a sort of interview, sometimes just through a chat.
- Dream is a powerful being with near-limitless power, but he has three critical weaknesses: his relationships will never end well, a certain Summoning Ritual can capture him, and he can be killed outright by spoilers.
- Despite his Progenitor status, due to matters far beyond mortal comprehension Dream still owes his position to Gygax and Arneson, as it is they who created the concept of godhood here. Don't think about this too much.
- It is arguable that Gygax and Arneson created the human concept of godhood, and that Dream predates this.
Haruhi Suzumiya, Goddess of Tropes
- Symbol: The Flame Imperishable.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: All fantasy tropes and fictional portrayals of God.
- Domains: Creation, Fantasy, Spirituality, Wisdom, Life.
- Followers: Aslan, the Emperor of Mankind, Primus.
- Allies: Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, The Lord of Nightmares
- Being the main God of Creation, he is held in reverence by all other Good-aligned deities in fiction. Every time a new universe comes into being, he gives it his own divine spark. However, he rarely intervenes in the conflict between good and evil.
- Some have suggested that Eru is actually True Neutral considering that Melkor is a reflection of his thoughts. They have cited the destruction of Númenor as evidence of this, considering that many innocent people have likely died. However, Eru has always claimed to love all of his spiritual children.
- Many believe Eru created everything. EVERYTHING. Including other gods in the pantheon, hence making him the actual big cheese. When asked why he's not ruling the whole show then, most followers of this theory shrug and say "he doesn't want to."
(The Unstoppable Force, O-Haruhi-sama
- Theme Music: Hare Hare Yukai.
- Symbol: SOS Dan Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Tropes, Genki Girls, Aliens and Monsters, Psionics, Time Travelers, Mutable Hairstyles, Altering Reality, Abrasive Yet Secretly Kind-Hearted People
- Domains: Creation, Chaos, Charm, Destruction, Envy, Mentalism, Tyranny, Resetting the Status Quo.
- Followers: Minori Kushieda, Abed Nadir and Troy Barnes.
- Allies: Konata Izumi.
- Much like how the Roman pantheon absorbed those around it, if a fictional group believe in a supreme creator, they're probably thinking about Haruhi.
- Probably Not Kyon's girlfriend.
- A good friend of Adam Young, much to the dismay of Heaven and Hell.
- Some sects believe Haruhi's position rightfully belongs to Sasaki. But since Sasaki herself does not desire this or any other position in the pantheon, this would be a moot heresynote . Likewise, another group of schismatics believe Kyon is the true God of Tropes. He pretends not to hear them.
- Haruhi always keeps her trusty Reset Button, which has caused Status Quo Is God numerous times, such as how Shinji Ikari's moments of happiness get cut short from her pressing it.
- She may have a bit of an ego, but deep down she does care about those around her. Unless you're her enemy.
Those who have a bigger influence in the Pantheon belong here.
Trope-Tan, Goddess of TV Tropes
Melkor, God of Evil, Patron Saint of Those who Aspire to be Diabolical and Leader of The Grand United Alliance Of Evil
- Symbol: The TV Tropes Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good (Leaves the evil parts of the Wiki to the Wiki Witch of the Web)
- Portfolio: All tropes recorded on TV Tropes.
- Domains: This Very Website.
- Allies: Haruhi.
- Enemies: The Anti-Monitor, the Wiki Witch of the Web.
- Followers: Tropers.
- Trope-Tan is the Moe Anthropomorphism of the Tv Tropes Wiki, and thus her job overlaps much with Haruhi's. The difference is that Haruhi is the supreme goddess of all tropes everywhere, whereas Trope-Tan only has power over those that are written on the Wiki. She also has powers over whatever else the Wiki has to offer.
- People aren't sure whether she's a Magical Girl, Magical Girl Warrior, or a Cute Monster Girl. There are evem some who've said that she's a Cute Ghost Girl. She usually ignores these people, except when she's actively encouraging them.
- Can be found everywhere in the pantheon, usually hanging lampshades on every trope she finds.
- Her appearance is based on every trope the tropers could find, but she is still an original character.
- Everyone in the pantheons knows Trope-Tan, and some wish she would stay away. She gets along great with others, though.
- Suspected to be the biggest Fangirl in the pantheon.
- Trope-tan can also go Hotter and Sexier. In this form, she is an adult known as Ms. Tropeservice. When she's Mss. Tropeservice, pretty much none of the male gods (and even some of the female gods) can be in her presence without incurring a nosebleed. This is not in proportion to her actual beauty, but the powers of Fanservice compels that reaction.
(Morgoth, Bauglir, The Supreme Dark Lord, The Great Enemy, Dark Enemy of the World, Belegurth)
Death of the Endless
- Alignment: Evil (varies between Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic depending on his mood)
- Portfolio: Every single villain trope EVER.
- Domains: Evil, Darkness, Corruption, Tyranny, Destruction, Hatred, Fear, Greed, and many more negative things.
- Allies: The Ebon Dragon, in an uneasy "backstab opportunity" truce. For the betting ring as to which one consumes the other first out of sheer hatred of anything powerful that is not of themselves to become the True Ultimate Evil, please see Marge Simpson and Tsunade of the House of Commerce. The long shot bet is Azathoth, for those betting on a surprise upset. A recent bet is in the form of Grima, the Fell Dragon, due to the similarities in they can't die normally.
- Followers: Almost every villain to ever exist.
- He is one of the most powerful and feared of all villains as the role given to him is to be the very embodiment of evil itself. As such, he can never be truly destroyed. For as long as evil existed in the hearts and minds of all living things in all the myriad universes and realities then so will he remain Nigh Invulnerable to all attempts to kill him.
- Is behind the creation of almost every villain born in 20th and 21th century fiction.
- Has spent the past few score thousand years sealed away in the Void by gods now long forgotten. Is highly curious about this newfangled technology stuff mortals have come up with in his absence, but is learning fast enough that he's only set his hair on fire twice so far. Credited by ancient scrolls as developing genetic engineering roughly 20,000 years before any other villain.
- Is rather pissed at Sauron for how poorly evil in Arda was managed in his absence. It took the gods themselves to dethrone Melkor's reign of terror, but all it took was a few midgets and a "hey, look at this squad over here" to dethrone that incompetent minion he had running things.
- More recently, The Golden Spider has pissed off Melkor by claiming to be above the God of Evil. The Golden Spider's reasoning is that he is a Creator of Life, much like Eru, who was the one who created Melkor, meaning that Melkor was below him. Understandably, this turned many heads, considering the Golden Spider called such a thing into question.
H. P. Lovecraft, The Father of Monsters
- Overdeity (The Anthropomorphic Personification of Death)
- Symbol: An Ankh (Not That Ankh).
- Alignment: True Neutral or possibly Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Death (obviously), Perky Goths, Personifications of Death.
- Domain: Darkness, Death, Life.
- She has an entire army of lesser Grim Reapers, including Death,The Black Racer, George Lass, The Undertaker, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Psychopomp style Shinigami, Steve, Gregg, Grim, and of course many, many little Deaths. Recently, following Ezio's ascension in place of Altair, she has made him one as well
, (Crafter of the Great Old Ones
, Master of Nightmares, Lord of Madness, Defiler of Euclid
, Scribe of the Necronomicon
, Divider of Zero, Black Patriarch of the Internet
, and Harbinger of a Thousand Tropes
Johan Liebert, God of Sociopathy and Mind Rape
- Overdeity (Source of all Chaos, Madness, and all things Dark and Alien)
- Symbol: The face of Cthulhu
- Alignment: Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil AND Chaotic Neutral simultaneously. Alternatively, none that can be defined.
- Portfolio: Eldritch Abomination, Nightmare Fuel, Cthulhu Mythos, Starfish Aliens, Alien Geometries, Forbidden Knowledge, Tome of Eldritch Lore, Surreal Horror, Psychological Horror, Cosmic Horror Story
- Domains: Chaos, Insanity
- Followers: Anonymous, Nerds, Geeks, The Internet, Ridley Scott, Stephen King, Atsushi Okubo, Gary Gygax, Paizo Publishing and all creators and lovers of the Weird, Bizarre, and Horrifying.
- Allies: Robert E. Howard (a Minor Deity in his own right), August Derleth, Gary Gygax
- Cthulhu, His High Priest and foremost representative
- Enemies: Godzilla, Conan the Barbarian, all followers of Law and Order, Gary Gygax (It's a complicated relationship), and anyone capable of successfully vanquishing, insulting, mind-controlling, or outsmarting His High Priest. Oddly, not averse to people romancing or making small talk with him, however.
- He predates the concept of Godhood, though it is uncertain just how old he is; Surely, He came after Dream, and likely was Dream's first creation, but He also gave Form to Dream (thus Dream's every-changing visage), and may have been created to create Haruhi to create Tropes, and the Anti-Monitor's early form of chaotic nothingness, so as to bring Dream and Haruhi into this Universe.
- All Beings of Chaos and Weird Things, good or evil, terrifying or surprisingly human, descend from Him.
- He is responsible for the Lord of Nightmares existing, though she is not a direct Creation, and is rather tame compared to the more "pure" nightmarish entities birthed from Him directly.
- Many of his Creations are perceived as Evil, but an amount are Good; Haruhi, for example, is a Great Old One in human form.
- His legions of followers is uncounted; indeed, even Gygax-Arneson were admired His Works and made things in the images of His creations.
- This Plane of Existence lost the ability to contain His Terrible Forme on March 15th, 1937.
- Cthulhu is his favorite creation, but his masterpiece, The Joker, turned out a little TOO well...
- A note that, awesome and maddening though they may be, His Children are not without limits, and mortals of sufficient willpower and strength have been known to overpower Them - in fact, doing so is often a catalyst for one's Ascension to Godhood.
(The Antichrist, The Monster, The Next Hitler)
The Anti-Monitor, God of Crisis Crossover and Official Devil of the Pantheon
- Theme Music: Grain
- Symbol: "The Monster With No Name" by Franz Bonaparta (Creepy Children's Book).
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Why? Just because)
- Portfolio: Brainwashed Crazies, Breaking Cuties, Creepy Children, Dissonant Serenity, Enfants Terribles, Freudian Excuses, More Than Mind Control, Nightmare Fuel, Evil Blond Guys, Evil Twins, Manipulative Bastards, Brain Breaking, For the Evulz, Evil Light, Alluding to the existing German Neo-Nazis, Sociopathy, Absolute Immorality
- Domains: Chaos, Domination, Madness, Evil, Mentalism, Retribution, Trickery, Corruption
- Allies: Hansel and Gretel, Lucy, Melkor, Monokuma, Vaas Montenegro, The Red Skull, The Millennium, Griffith, Yuuki Terumi, The Joker, Yuno Gasai, anyone who's had a horrifying childhood and became horribly evil as a result
- Enemies: everyone else... but especially Nagi. In actuality Raiden, Captain America, Batman, Guts, Kitsurugu Emiya, Superman, Kenshiro, Hakumen, Madoka Kaname, Akari Mizunashi, Herr Doktor Tenma, Naruto Uzumaki
- It is believed that all who look upon him will be driven insane or brutally murdered. This is not because of any mystical properties on his part so much as it is that he will hunt you down, and he will break you.
- Has gained the admiration and devotion of Hansel and Gretel and Yuno Gasai mainly gained from his ability to know which twin is male and which is female (personal experience helped) for the former, and manipulating the latter (in conjunction with Yuuki Terumi's trolling) to brutally kill Kaede Fuyou (The anime edition) in a fit of rage that had caught the attention of Guts, The Doom Marine, Kratos, and Jack The Ripper.
- Plays the straight man sociopath to Joker's Ax-Crazy psychopath when the two meet, though no one is quite sure what goes on during these encounters as every non-Eldritch Abomination gets the hell out when they do.
- It is rumored that the DNA Voice inside Lucy's head is actually Johan Liebert taking in the form of a naked girl wrapped in bandages commanding her and the Diclonius to kill humanity.
- He's somehow very fond of Lucy for some reason, and has recently 'married' her, forming an Unholy Matrimony between the two.
- He's been called as The Joker of Anime and Manga.
- With his ascension into the Main House thanks to forming a partnership with The Joker and mutual interests between the two, the two have formed a group called the GUAE Liebertarian Movement, and its purpose is to spread "Lieberty" (which is in reality, eternal suffering and despair).
- Given his legendary Mind Raping and corruption skills, he pretty much would have made Superman's corruption quicker than what The Joker did.
Nekron, The Physical Embodiment of Darkness, The Nothingness Before Life, Leader of the Black Lantern Corps.
- Symbol: Nothingness.
- Alignment: Being the enemy of tropes, the Anti-Monitor defies having any character alignment. He is simply True Destructive.
- Portfolio: Omnicidal Maniac, Eldritch Abomination, Dimension Lord, The Destruction of Everything in existence, Earth-Shattering Kaboom. Apocalyptic Destruction, Soulless Villainy.
- Domains: Evil, Anti-Matter, Destruction, Destruction, and even more Destruction.
- Opposed by: EVERY. SINGLE. MEMBER. of the Pantheon, be they Good, Neutral or Evil in alignment.
- He is essentially the "Satan" of the Pantheon, as he is the anti-everything who seeks to return all to nothing. The difference between him and other Omnicidal Maniacs is that he doesn't just want the destruction of physical reality, but also of the tropes and storytelling behind it.
- The Anti-Monitor is the only member of the Pantheon who does not associate with anyone, period. To him, everything else is but an obstacle he must eliminate to fulfill his omnicidal mania. This includes Real Life itself.
- Possible Overdeity (Has been described as the Darkness, as seen above, and as being existence)
- Symbol: Black Lantern Power Battery/Scythe/Dark Matter
- Alignment: Unknown (Super Neutral Evil). Considers himself to be a force of order, but doesn't consider himself as evil.
- Portfolio: Eldritch Abomination, Omnicidal Maniac, Resurrecting Dead Heroes, Zombie Apocalypse, Evil Is Deathly Cold.
- Domains: Death, The Nothingness before Life, Dark Matter.
- Followers: Black Hand.
- Opposed By: All members of the Pantheon are targeted by him, including the various Deaths.
- Once it was recalled how he turned the Anti-Monitor into the power source of his Black Lantern Main Power Battery, he was automatically given a place in the Main House.
- If there existed something before life itself, and even the Pantheon itself, it was darkness. When emotion first came to be, with the first sentient life, the Darkness responded with creating Nekron. Seeking to return the Universe to the peace and order of the darkness, Nekron is the ultimate representation of the absence of life. This is trouble for the Pantheon, because without life, Tropes would not exist; there would be nothing.
- Being the leader of the Black Lantern Corps, and being able to cause any and all the dead to rise (excluding Don Hall), many members of the Pantheon fear whether or not Nekron will expand the Black Rings' influence, and resurrect all the most powerful beings who have ever died across the Pantheon and take over those who have died and come back to life. He claims they have nothing to worry about, not enough powerful beings have died yet, and that he'll wait a few decades more for heroes to expand his dominion a bit more by returning from the dead and/or killing foes.
- He is the primordial darkness that Dream and Haruhi first arose out of at the beginning of time. Their creation of the Pantheon and of tropes led to him becoming self-aware and taking on a physical form.
- He and his followers are excluded from the Grand United Alliance Of Evil because its members are afraid that Nekron will just take it over and assimilate them into his ever-growing undead army.
- Even if Nekron was offered a position, he would still see Melkor as a target, because he aims to destroy all life, including that of Melkor's. He doesn't even care if Melkor wins in the end; he vows that he'll still be there at the end to reap him.
- Despite similar goals, Anti-Monitor and Necron don't really work together; Anti-Monitor is rather sore about the time Nekron held dominion over him, and besides destroying everything implies one of them destroying the other, something both are keenly aware of. The Pantheons are both very glad for this, and watchful for anything which could change this status quo.
, The Embodiment of Life
Nohamotyo, God of Obfuscation
- Symbol: The White Lantern.
- Allignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Back from the Dead, Light Is Not Good.
- Domains: Space, Life, Light.
- Enemy: Nekron.
- God spoke: "Let There Be Light", and there it was. The Entity is the White Light, the one from where all life began in the DC Universe.
- Whether or not it is a force for good has been called into question, after the White Ring killed Hawkgirl and Hawkman.
, He Whose Name Cannot Be Remembered)
Giygas, God of Nightmare Fuel
- Overdeity (in opposition to Dream of the Endless)
- Symbol: Never stays constant
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Recycled Plots, Dead Horse Tropes, Playing Follow the Leader, The Fleeting Demographic Rule, Proving Most Viewers Are Morons
- Domains: Chaos, Illusion, Mind, Mentalism
- Rumored to lie dreaming in the sunken city of M'nisyeh. Nohamotyo is a bitter rival of Dream of the Endless, attempting to subvert his domain and install himself as the new Prince of Stories. It is believed that, should he awaken and succeed in his goal, the rest of the world would be reduced to a bunch of driveling idiots.
(Giegue, Gyiyg, Geeg
, Almighty Idiot, The Universal Cosmic Destroyer
The Random Number God
- Symbol: You Cannot Grasp the True Form of Giygas' symbol!
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil(possibly Chaotic Neutral depending on how you interpret it)
- Portfolio: Omnicidal Maniac Up to Eleven, Nightmare Fuel, Eldritch Abominations, The Greys, forms beyond human comprehension, gaining power at the cost of mental stability, and not to mention that he's virtually indestructable. brainless omnipotence.
- Domains: Chaos, Madness, Evil
- Followers: Porky Minch (maybe), Ronald McDonald if this video is anything to go by
- Allies: Nyarlathotep (?)
- Enemies: Ness
- Originally a small alien with mommy issues and a crippling need to overcompensate for them, Giygas led an attack on Earth. Note that this was painful for a young Giygas, who had been raised on Earth so that his people could gain information on how to attack.
- Defeated by a small boy with Psychic Powers, Giygas fled to space to brood. He had offered to save this young boy, but had been rejected. This marked the beginning of the end for Giygas's sanity.
- In space, Giygas, a naturally gifted psychic, became Drunk on the Dark Side, gaining exponential power. His body and mind are destroyed by his power, and he becomes a nightmarish mass of virtually invincible, yet brainless, shadow.
(The RNG, Arnie, Inscrutable Force of Probability, the Dice Lord
, SRand(), java.util.Random)
The Status Quo, God Of Maintaining The Equilibrium
- Symbol: None. Worshippers of the RNG use a randomly chosen image in place of a symbol.
- Alignment: Very hard to say. To those that posses extraordinary luck, it is a benevolent force of good, while those frequently abused by the universe consider it the epitome of evil. If it has any alignment, it is likely True Neutral, as it is usually unbiased in all regards.
- Portfolio: Random Effects, Changing Odds, Unlikely Plot Coincidences, Screwing Over Players in Games of Chance.
- Domain: Prophecy, Time and Space, Nature.
- Followers: Tabletop gamers everywhere.
- Opposed by: The Dai-Gurren Brigade, for their uncanny ability to make the impossible possible.
- The RNG's appearance is constantly changing at random, and never uses the same appearance twice. The RNG's followers use no images of him for this reason.
- The RNG has destroyed multiple universes by changing the laws of probability for each universe.
- Worshipping the RNG is quite risky, as praying to the RNG will cause any number of possible (and impossible) reactions. Worshippers of the RNG tend to pray only in situations where they are likely to die, as the RNG is just as likely to heal one's wounds as it is to strike one with lightning.
- The RNG has earned incredible hatred from the ranks of the Monster hunters for its strangely sadistic glee it takes from impeding their progress and generally having absolutely nothing going their way.
The Lord of Nightmares, Goddess of Creation, Destruction, and Deus ex Machina
- Symbol: The entire multiverse as it is this very moment.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: None
- Domains: Reset buttons, Masquerades, Like Reality Unless Noted, Conspiracies, Reed Richards Is Useless, Jerking The Chain, Failure Is the Only Option, Perpetual Poverty
- Allies: The stars of nearly every sitcom and Saturday morning cartoon.
- Enemies: Many; The Brain, Samurai Jack, etc.
- Many benefit from the machinations of the Status Quo, and many suffer tremendously. None trust it, however, as those who benefit know that it would turn on them in an instant if they ever change their minds about anything or if the Status Quo changes even slightly, as it is known to do. All Gambit Roulette makers ultimately either serve or pay tribute to The Status Quo, as all fear the consequences of defying it openly.
- The Status Quo is the reason that although there are dozens of reality warpers, The Council of Shadows, and other different factions, nothing actually changes.
- Is fond of yanking the chains of dogs.
- The Status Quo, despite having innumerable enemies, is the sole force that prevents Mary Sues from taking over the Pantheon.
- Really, really hates gods with the Screw Destiny purview, as they are the only ones who can actually defy it without consequence if they work hard enough. However, despite this, even they have been unable to change things in the Pantheon where the Status Quo is at it's strongest.
- Its current mortal incarnation is a British rock band.
(Dark Golden Lord, Mother of All Things, True Lord of the Demon Race, Sea of Chaos, Source of All Chaos, L-sama)
Diabolus Ex Machina
- Symbol: A shovel (preferably one that has been recently broken over Hajime Kanzaka's head, but this is optional)
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Creation of Universes, Existences Beyond Human Comprehension, The Balance Between Good and Evil, Apocalyptic Destruction, Eerily Emotionless Deliveries of Aforementioned Apocalyptic Destruction, Forbidden Magic, Deus Ex Machinae, Comedic Abuse of Authors
- Domains: Balance, Chaos, Creation, Darkness, Destruction, Evil, Good, Magic
- Followers: Sarda the Sage (8-Bit Theater), The Great Will of the Macrocosm (Excel♥Saga)
- Many Straw Nihilists may be tempted to call on her infinitely destructive power. Many Straw Nihilists may find themselves destroyed spectacularly. With anyone they were trying to kill miraculously restored to full health, just to spite them.
- Altair is responsible for the death of every fictional character that has ever died. Doctor Black Jack is responsible for the miraculous survival of everyone who has ever miraculously survived. Similarly, the Lord of Nightmares is the 'Deus' in 'Deus ex machina'. Whenever contrived coincidences and powerful forces outside the central characters' control resolve the situation, she is behind it. In other words, she's the wizard who did it.
- As the Sea of Chaos, she is the foundation of all existence, and what any world reverts to upon being destroyed.
(The Plot Reaper
Deus ex Machina
- Symbol: A black curtain, falling for all eternity
- Alignment: Neutral Evil (Diabolus is an asshole)
- Portfolio: Twist Downer Endings, Shooting the Shaggy Dog, Making Bad Situations Much Worse, Straw Nihilists, Belief That True Art Is Angsty
- Domain: Darkness, Death, Sadness, Suffering
- Allies: Shinji Ikari, Mark Meltzer
- Opposed by: Flonne, Sora Naegino, Tohru Honda
- The Evil Twin of the Lord of Nightmares, and an emissary of Death of the Endless. Whenever Death needs souls to reap, Diabolus pulls the strings to ensure things end in the worst way possible.
- Allegedly has a Ho Yay-filled relationship with Shinji Ikari. Despises characters like Flonne, Tohru Honda and Sora Naegino, and is looking for ways to break them to show them that all hope is hopeless.
- Diabolus has recently revealed that he watches Gilgamesh, Bokurano, and Space Runaway Ideon religiously. Hmm...
- Mark Meltzer betrayed his fellow Big Daddies in exchange for Diabolus sparing his daughter Cindy. As a result the poor man is now a bound servant to the Dark Curtain and can never see his daughter again.
(The Plot Angel
The Joker, God of Madness, Clowns, Crazed Laughter, Sick Jokes, Convoluted Executions, Destruction, and Chaos Undivided
- Symbol: The last page of a book, reading "and they all lived happily ever after"
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: saving heroes, Rule of Index, Reset Button, You Didn't Ask, Eureka Moment, Gainax Ending, Happily Ever After.
- Domains: Good, Coincidences, Happiness, Saving Things
- Enemies: Diabolus Ex Machina
- Deus is the plot's force of happy endings. When she's around, things go the hero's way, and villains are defeated. However, she can sometimes get to be a Well-Intentioned Extremist in the pursuit of the Happily Ever After, using forces entirely outside the context of the narrative to force the happy ending. For this reason, a lot of authors tend to dislike her, but use her more low-key, justifiable aid.
- Has influence in Real Life, with things like fortuitous weather patterns and so such. Heck, she's a big reason the world as we know it today exists (an equal reason is Diabolus Ex Machina).
(Mistah J, Jack Napier, Joe Kerr, the Clown Prince of Crime, the Ace of Knaves, the Card With No Number, The Clown At Midnight, The Man Who Laughs, Agent of Chaos).
Amaterasu, Goddess of the Sun and the Moon
- Symbol: A Joker Card. Joker must have a clown face and smile.
- Theme Music: This, this and this.
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil personified
- Portfolio: Madness, Murder (especially teen sidekicks), Madness, Arkham Asylum, Fourth Wall Awareness, Madness, Monster Clowns, Magnificent Bastards, Absolute Immorality, Madness, Refuge in Audacity, Dangerously Genre Savvy, Straw Nihilists, Nightmare Fuel, Madness, Convoluted Plans, Bad Bosses, Madness, Phony Origins, Interfering With People's Plans, Foe Yay, Madness, Happiness, Canon Immigration
- Domains: Chaos, Madness, Destruction, Death, Laughter, Chaos, Evil, Corruption, Deception, and... did we mention Chaos?
- Would happily remind Kefka and co. that he was there first, and that none of them can claim to being Batman's archrival.
- Has danced with the devil in the pale moonlight. Have you?
- Questions why you are at such high levels of sternness.
- Heath Ledger's (posthumous) portrayal of the Joker basically catapulted him into the realm where only the most godlike of beings dwell, where he ousted Abaddon the Despoiler and took his title. His only purpose now is to tear down the established order the other deities try to maintain.
- Nobody knows whether The Joker plans it all out or makes it up as he goes along, but it is said that at the end of time he will bloody ruin the Ur-Magnificent Bastard's plans. Possibly related is the story that he will destroy the Earth if Batman ever dies and is not immediately resurrected. Once met an innocent young demigoddess, got her to fall in love with him and stole her pantheon. When evil deities want to give each other nightmares, they tell Joker stories.
- May be more unpredictable than Haruhi, due to his semi-knowledge of the Fourth Wall.
- Has received his own page.
- His crowning achievement was the time he turned Superman into something so tyrannical and corrupted, it was an utter mockery of what he stood for. This was the act that got Johan's attention, and the start of their partnership.
- Has taken great delight in tormenting Nathan Drake ever since Sweet Tooth told him that Drake is scared of clowns.
- Has recently taken a liking to Jinx due to her similarities to Harley, but he likes her more (as much as The Joker can like someone) because unlike Harley, Jinx is sociopathic enough to cause chaos, death and destruction without needing to be told to do so, her opening act of raiding the house of Justice and Technology reportedly left him in stitches.
- Laughed his ass off upon finding about how Rey Mysterio actually dressed up like him during Wrestlemania. He wanted to see how much fun it was to see if Rey could be mentored into madness, but was stopped when Rey Mysterio gave him the 619. The Joker's sworn revenge on the luchador ever since.
(Omikami, Okami, Ammy, Shiranui, Origin of All That is Good and Mother to Us All, Snowy
Yuji Sakai, Canceller of the Apocalypse, God of Ending Never-Ending Wars
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: The Celestial Brush
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Theme Music: Rising Sun
- Portfolio: The Time of Myths, Clapping of Believers, Götterdämmerung, Physical Goddesses, Kings Of All Cosmos, Combined Energy Attacks, Big Badass Wolves, Gods MIA, Friends To All Living Things
- Domains: Sun, Healing, Animal, Purification, Life
- She's a goddess representing the concept of gods. Try not to think about it.
- She's recently given birth to a son known as Chibiterasu. He has been kept close by his mother's side since his cuteness has caused many gods to chase after him for their own.
- The fact that some of them are explosive doesn't help...
- Often seen visiting the Bestiary, where none of the inhabitants, even the Catachan Devil and Killer Rabbit, dare to attack her.
- Chuggaaconroy is a big fan of hers who constantly tells her that he loves her "Art direction."
- Sometimes goes for walkies with Haruhi and Kyon. Kyon's always the one who has to... ahem, clean up.
(Snake of the Festival, Silver the Srcond, World-Wandering Ascetic, Yu-Chan)
- Symbol: The Midnight Lost Child, Blutsauger sword, Bakuyagai armor
- Theme Music: Le Serpent De Ceremonie
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Anti-Hero/Anti-Villain, Fallen Hero, Tragic Villain, Protagonist Journey To Villain, Mac Guffin Guy, Badass, Well-Intentioned Extremist, Good All Along, Messianic Archetype, Cancelling the apocalypse, Representing Enlightenment, Saviors, Byronic Hero, The Extremist Was Right, The Atoner
- Domains: War, Madness, Mercy, Cruelty, Leadership, Despair, Harsh Truths, Pragmatism, Peace, Rebirth, Creation
- Allies: Shirou Emiya, Setsuna F. Seiei, Raiden, Kiritsugu Emiya, Martin Walker, Shana, Madoka Kaname, Rin Toshaka, Archer, Master Chief
- Former Ally: Homura Akemi (after the "Great Upheaval")
- Enemies: The Millennium, The GUAE Troll Kaiger, Kyubey
- Ascended to the Pantheon for discovering a way how to end a war that has raged for millenia that would eventually end humanity by creating a duplicate world where the Denizens can live without having to consume humans to survive.
- Being an Anthropomorphic Personification of ending long-running wars, he found emnity with many evil Gods who promoted the warmongering and bringing forth the Apocalypse, such as Yuuki Terumi, Darkseid, Johann Schmidt, and The Millennium.
- Seeing his actions and goals, The God-Emperor of Mankind is impressed by this newcom
mer, as his Crimson Denizens fought the good fight much like his followers
Anonymous, Avatar of the Internet
- He and Madoka Kaname are known to be friends due to their goals rectifying the very laws of physics. Because of this Madoka doesn't want to fight him; not to mention she finds the stories of his world interesting.
- Originally resided in the House of Treasures due to carring the Reiji Maigo until it was separated from him.
- Rumors say that his favorite catchphrase is "How well have you matured!".
- The Chaos Gods of The Void are even more worried than they were with Madoka Kaname.
- Even more so with Tzeentch. The fact that Yuji and the Crimson Denizens inputed the rule the Flame Hazes created that completely prohibits the Crimson Denizens from consuming humans as part of the creation of Xanadu, as well as bringing forth peace between the Crimson Denizens and Flame Hazes as a result of Xanadu's creation and his ascension is testsment to that.
- Finding out that Tzeentch was the one responsible for the Flame Hazes and Crimson Denizens fighting against each other because of him manipulating the Flame Hazes by telling them that the Great Binding Chain was an act that the Snake of the Festival made in order to fuel his interests in destroying them all in one shot has left... an impression on him.
- His act of cancelling the impending Apocalypse from occuring was what likely inspired Guillermo Del Toro to create Pacific Rim, since both Yuji's and the protagonists of the protagonists of the film's goals involve cancelling the Apocalypse. The end result is that he unintentionally brought Raleigh Becket and Mako Mori into the Pantheon.
- He's kind of disturbed with Yukiteru Amano due to their voice caused by a 2-year-long delay. Even if he isn't evil, his status with a Batshit Crazy Yandere still creeps him off. He's also quite disturbed and disgusted with Sosuke Aizen due to their voice, especially with how evil he is.
- He's currently atoning at Xanadu by teaching the Denizens how to co-exist peacefully with the humans, which led to his spiritual enlightenment.
- Has found a kindred spirit in Raiden and Captain Martin Walker, especially with regards to their shared moments of desperation and insanity.
- Is friends with Kiritsugu Emiya and Setsuna F. Seiei, due to having the similar views on war.
- Recently, he severed ties with Homura Akemi, however, after witnessing the "Great Upheaval" and hearing the following news about it. After hearing that Kyubey was responsible for bringing back the Witch system, he has declared him his biggest enemy, moreso than Tzeentch.
The Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, God of Humanity
- Quasideity... we think.
- Symbol: A suit with a question mark in place of a head, or alternatively, a Guy Fawkes mask
- Alignment: Changes constantly, but usually chaotic. The internet follows none of your puny laws.
- Anonymous just... showed up one day as Avatar of the Internet. It didn't try to take Lain's job, but claimed to be the sum of all who post on the Internet, including TV tropes, and thus the true mastermind behind the pantheon. Just in case Anonymous is right, no one has contested this.
- Anonymous is usually content to snark and leave well alone, but doesn't take censorship well. Just ask the Church of Scientology.
- Anonymous is slow to anger, but should you raise their ire, their wrath is mighty. You can run, but you can. not. hide. Tick off Anonymous and they will destroy you.
- Anonymous is legion.
- Despite claiming several times to be evil, Anonymous has several times used its hate for the good of humanity, and the detriment of cat-abusers and pedophiles. This is because the highly amorphous nature of Anonymous means that its morals can change constantly. The only permanent thing about it is that it does not like censorship. At all.
- In addition, saying something bad about Mister Rogers in front of Anonymous is also considered a major mistake.
- Another thing that they care about is Yotsuba and some rumors state that she was one of the reasons why they came to the pantheons—to protect her.
(Master of Mankind, Emperor, All-Father, Primogenitor, Him on Earth)
Madoka Kaname, Goddess of Magical Girls, Co-Founder to the Magical Girl Sisterhood
- Greater God
- Symbol: A two-headed eagle
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Black and Grey Morality, Darker and Edgier, Rule of Cool, Well-intentioned extremists, Dramatic Irony, Twist endings, Only Mostly Dead, Up to Eleven, Super Soldiers, Space Marines, Chosen Ones, Reluctant Retirees, Reluctant heroes, Humanity Is Superior, Humans Are Bastards
- Domain: The Human race
- The personification of the human race. Spent 40,000 years manipulating humanity from the shadows before events forced him to take a more active role. Did not want to be worshipped, but humanity needed a god and he was the only one up to it.
- Ironically, while he is himself a rather "glass half-full" kind of guy, his power is directly proportional to the grimdarkness of the dimension he is in at the time. In Bokurano-land he is mightier than O-Haruhi-Sama, and in Teletubby-land he is incapable of so much as lifting a blade of grass. It's not like he really needs to in worlds like that anyway, things tend to be going fine.
- For some reason, many of his followers has an intese hatred toward ponies, especially the divine ones in the pantheon. What his own view of the Equestrians are, well, that's one of the many question about him that nobody knows.
(Kriemhild Gretchen, Penitent Gretchen, Godoka, Madogod, Madokami)
The Protectors of the Plot Continuum, Organization of Mary Sue Hunters
- Symbol: A pink Soul Gem
- Theme Song: Connect, though Magia is heard when she's REALLY angry and Hikari Furu was heard when she'd ascended to the Pantheon.
- Alignment: Good - of Chaotic, Neutral, and Lawful
- Portfolio: Friend to All Living Things, Magical Girls, Apocalypse Maiden, Archer, Saviors, Hope Bringer
- Domain: Magic, Redemption, Healing, Family, Forgiveness, Peace, Kindness, Hope
- Followers: The Puella Magi were elevated as apostles to serve her cause and spread her gospel.
- Allies/Friends: Shoutan Himei, Doctor Wong Fei-Hong, Sayaka Miki, Sakura Kinomoto, Usagi Tsukino, Homura Akemi, Mami Tomoe, Makoto Naegi, Yuji Sakai, Kenshiro, Toki, Kyouko Sakura,Asura, and Mithra.
- Enemies: Vaas Montenegro, Johan Liebert, Tzeentch, Yuuki Terumi, Kefka Palazzo
- Madoka became a concept note to end the suffering of Magical Girls. As such, she ascended to the pantheon to administer to the system of Magical Girls from within in. Should anything befall them, Homura Akemi is her herald to act on such matters unless it is something serious.
- The names Kriemhild Gretchen and Penitent Gretchen are aspects of herself as a concept. It is rumoured that Kriemhild is a harbinger of the endnote and that Penitent is the bringer of heaven. In either case, it is said that her power is so great at that point that she is said to rival Haruhi, Goddess of Tropes. Due to this, Madoka's name is spoken of in whispers by most others.
- The God-Emperor of Mankind is impressed by this newcomer, as her magical girls fight the good fight much like his followers do. They stand the line and die standing. ...however, he finds Akemi Homura troubling; as she reminds him of Horus.
- The Chaos Gods of The Warp are a little worried, as she actually succeeded in making her multiverse less Grim Dark. Despair Demons aren't that far removed from Warp Daemons, if they're not the same thing.
- Less so with Tzeentch. The fact that witches still exist after her wish for the erasure of all witches and her accession is testament to that.note
- Similarly, she has earned the friendship and respect of Kenshiro's brother Toki, as she proves his belief that love and kindness can save the world, much to the incredulous disbelief of his Aloof Big Brother Raoh.
- Sakura and Madoka are known to be friends, due to this Sakura doesn't wish to fight her; not to mention she finds the stories of her world(s) interesting and wants to have a daughter like Madoka.
- Rumors has it that there's always a bottle of Morning Rescue Drink in her house.
- Being an Abstract Apotheosis and having been the Anthropomorphic Personification of Hope from her Universe, she found enmity within many evil Gods who promoted despair, such as Darkseid, Kefka Palazzo, Terumi Yuuki, and Johan Liebert
- Finding out that Tzeentch was the one who was the driving force behind the creation of witches from MagicalGirls and the warping of their wishes has left an...impression on her. note
- Kyubey would just like to say that the Incubators had nothing to do with this, they had no idea that the system his race implemented was backed up by The Warp.
- The House of Prophecy has foreseen a time of "Great Upheaval" in the future of Madoka's world. While the details of the event are unknown even to her at this time, the word "Rebellion" seems to have great importance, and it has been hinted that the Witches may return in some fashion to terrorize her world once more...
Kane, God of Magnificent Bastards, Evil Prophets, Doomsday Cults, Ambiguous Evil and Contractual Immortality
- The organization as a whole are Overdeities and it's necessary in order to keep Sues under control
- Symbol: The PPC Logo.
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Mary Sue Hunters, Running The Risk Of Those Who Fight Monsters, Fixing Badfics.
- Domains: Hunting, Creativity, Canon Protection and Restoration.
- Allies: Most of the Pantheon, but especially Ichigo Momomiya, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.
- Followers: The Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society.
- Enemies: Many of the Disgraces, Mary Sues in general.
- The PPC is a strong organization of multiple Agents, tasked with the capture and extermination of Mary Sues. Their work over the years granted them a position in the Pantheon. Two Agents are regularly tasked to guard the gates of the Disgraces to watch for any escaping Sues.
- Every agent packs a Mary Sue Litmus Device, which detects whether or not the person is a Sue note note note note note note note .
- Took the position from Edfred, who had a good track record in capturing Ronan Beelzub. In exchange, they've hired him as an agent. Ichigo Momomiya has also joined the organization after being saved from Berii's control and having her demoted to the Disgraces.
- The PPC has earned the ire of Jenna Silverblade for kidnapping and recruiting her son Link Jr.
- Their act of saving Ichigo Momomiya from Berii Shirayuki's and demoting Berii to the Disgraces made the organization ascend further into the Court Of The Gods to keep an eye out for Sues.
- Recently, they recruited Fire-Forged Friends Harry Potter and Percy Jackson after kicking the butts of both Edward Cullen and Bella Swan.
- The Organization finally ran a Litmus Test on Lieutenant Mary Sue and found that she passed. This let her escape out of Purgatory and land her own Temple in the House of Theater. Mary is forever thankful for them, and aids the PPC in their missions against the Disgraces.
(The Prophet, Cain, The Granddaddy Of Them All)
Sauron, the Enemy, Dark Lord of Mordor
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Flag of Nod: chamfered triangle enclosing a curved, left-facing scorpion tail; main color elements, red and black.
- Alignment: Ambiguous Evil
- Portofolio: Ascension, Bald And Beard of Evil, Contractual Immortality, Dark Messiahs, Magnificent Bastards, Missions From The Almighty God and Interrupting Broadcasts to name just a few...
- Domains: Evil Cults, Yellow Zones, Advanced Technology, Tiberium.
- Followers: The Brotherhood of Nod, as an organized lot. Roughly 50% of his world's population in total, and almost certainly Agent Tanya.
- Known for orchestrating world wars, plans of unlikely complexity, and quickly recovering from Villainous Breakdowns.
- Speaking of said villainous breakdowns: While Kane is mostly observed as being cool and collected, even in the midst of mortal danger, disserters and usurpers have been known to send him into fits of rage, which is always followed up by said person's execution - after which he will promtly return to his calm and collected state of being.
- While Kane has been reported, multiple times, to have perished at the hands of other gods, these reports always prove false.
- Even G-man respects Kane, for his tactics are devious and incredible. Both have agreed not to tangle with each-others plans for fear of a multiverse-breaking Gambit Pileup. However, G-man still hasn't let Kane forget getting blasted by GDI's Ion Cannon.
- Do NOT, FOR ANY REASON, stare into Kane's bald head, he will imprison you forever. Similarly, Kane's magnificent beard has been known to Mind Control people at his bidding.
- Kane's last performance was very disappointing, causing him to lose many followers. He has moved to rectify that and publicly executed his agent immediately.
(The Eye, the Lord of The Ring, Base Lord of Treachery, Annatar, Lord of Gifts; true original name Tar-Mairon the Excellent)
Kyon, God of Normality
- Greater God
- Symbols: The Great Eye, the One Ring
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Artifacts of Doom, Domination, Corruption, Soul Jars, Ultimate Evil
- Domain: Corruption, Evil, Destruction, Trickery, Law
- One does not simply walk into Sauron's throne.
- Saruman has tried twice: the first time as himself, the second time dressed up as Count Dooku, and he failed both times.
- Is keeping out of the limelight now that his boss, Melkor, has escaped from the Void. He's a little embarrassed about how poorly he handled the Middle Earth affair in the master's absence, especially where hobbits are concerned, and is hoping that when everything boils over, he can get his old job as Lord of Werewolves back without too many centuries of torment.
(The Immovable Object, Patron of Normality, John Smith
Bill Brasky, God of Legendary Deeds
- Demigod (actually an Overdeity with sealed powers)
- Symbol: Inverted SOS Dan Logo.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Deadpan Snarkers, Nicknames, Lampshade Hanging, Laws of Physics, Weirdness Magnets, Narrators, Those Who Don't Like To Tell Jokes, Obfuscating Stupidity, Apathy, Sassy Narration.
- Domains: Balance, Courage, Fate, Law, Protection.
- Forced to be Allies with: Haruhi Suzumiya, Mikuru Asahina, Yuki Nagato, Itsuki Koizumi.
- Followers: Arthur Dent, Fred Jones, Charlie Brown, Yuuichi Aizawa, Nami Hitou.
- It should be noted that Nami could have been the Goddess of Normality, but was not chosen due to the fact that a Godess who refuses to acknowledge her area of sovreign does not an effective Godess make. She also claims to have no idea how she became a Follower of Kyon, either. Hazama signed her up. Hush!
- A significant number of people believe Kyon is the true God of Tropes, and he simply indulges Haruhi. Regardless, he exists to balance out Her genkiness and keep the world in a roughly constant shape.
- Despite not officially being an overdeity, no one contests this because of O-Haruhi-sama.
(The Divine Son of a Bitch)
Fred Rogers, Ultimate God of Ultimate Showdowns of Ultimate Destinies
The King of All Cosmos
- Symbol: A sweater. When battled, a blood-stained sweater.
- Alignment: Ultimate Good
- Portfolio: Neighbors, Edutainment Shows, Speaking Directly To Children, Make Believe, People who can NEVER be made fun of EVER.
- Domain: Charm, Good, Community, Dream, Illusion, Awesome.
- Ascended after being the last man standing in the Lemon Demon song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. Unfortunately, he commited harakiri at the end of the animation, presumably from guilt over being the last man remaining alive.
- Also, despite being the last real world person mentioned in the song alive when it was written, he was the first to pass away.
- Is vegetarian, a daily swimmer, has never been observed drinking alcohol. In nearly all situations is friendly, calm, personable, astonishingly gentle... it is easier to pull one over on Tzeentch than to get him angry, but if you do...
- Probably not related to Captain Steve Rogers. We think.
- Is capable of defeating everyone in the Pantheon in battle. Everyone. Including Batman with some time to plan. All the deities know their better.
- Friend to All Children. Parents and guardians within the Pantheon feel safe knowing that he will watch their children.
- Has the respect of all other Gods, not even the Joker would dare make fun of Fred Rogers.
- One of the very few people to have Anonymous's respect (few, as in likely can be counted on one hand), and Anon is very defensive of him.
- Is The Messiah.
- That town in the photo? That's no model.
- Newcomer Asura is one of the few beings to challenge him. They ended up tying and Mr Rogers friendly demeanor lightened up Asura's day. No one was sure who was winning at the time, but it was still an epic battle to be seen.
Deadpool, God Of The Fourth Wall
- Greater God
- Symbol: A Katamari.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Really Weird Gods, Referring to himself in the Plural, Looming Shadows, Cute First Love Stories
- Domain: Celestia, Competition, Family, Moon, Renewal, Sun
- The King is ultimately benevolent, just don't piss him off. He has eye-lasers.
- His many nephews and nieces provided the Pantheon with the stars in the sky. The fact that the King himself oftentimes screws up and causes their destruction is usually overlooked, because he always returns things to the way they were.
(The Merc With The Mouth, The Regenerating Degenerate, The Crimson Comedian)
Zetta, Badass Freakin' Overlord of the Netherworld
- Lesser God/Overdeity(depends on how much the writer is willing to let him look past the Fourth Wall)
- Theme Music: This
- Symbol: His belt buckle icon of himself with a yellow text box
- Alignment: Chaotic Revolving Door
- Portfolio: The Fourth Wall (or lack thereof), Breaking Said Fourth Wall, Medium Awareness, Obfuscating Insanity, Whatever He Feels Like (he's kinda fickle that way)
- Domain: Comic Books (yes, the medium he's in is his domain), Big Guns, Katanas, Welsh Corgis
- Followers: Lots... but none of them know of it, and if they did, they'd deny it out of shame, except for Pinkie Pie.
- Allies: Um... no, I don't think so...
- His knowledge of the Fourth Wall allowed him to just slip into the Pantheon easily, since he knows he's popular enough for you (yes, you!) to eventually think of putting him here.
- Frighteningly, with his expanding popularity, his Medium Awareness has also expanded, since he's been, slowly but surely, been featured in different media beyond comic books.
Adam Young, God of Imagination
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Sacred Tome (in which he is sealed)
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (post-sealing; previously Chaotic Evil)
- Portfolio: Sealed Evil In A Book, Butt Monkeys, Failed Attempts to Screw Destiny, Noble Demons, Heroic Comedic Sociopaths, Wish Givers, Prinnies
- Domain: Chaos, Creation, Domination, Hades, The Abyss
- Despite being confined to a book for a good portion of his life, Zetta still manages to control much of the underworld (at least, the parts not already owned by Laharl) with his ability to create anything he wants via the wishes of his subordinates.
- His Zetta Beam is one of the most powerfull attacks that any member of the Pantheon is capable of. It has even show to be effective against the likes of Superman and Goku at times.
- On occasion, his future daughter Petta will visit the Main House to see Zetta and to train with the other gods, though Zetta tries his best to always be with her when she does. However, whenever Zetta is really busy, he entrusts Fred Rogers with Petta, claiming him to be the toughest and meanest trainer in the pantheon.
- Though Rogers is willing to go through with it, he tells Zetta that he must learn to be honest with his child and tell Petta that he loves her just the way she is.
(the Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit who in Hebrew is called Abbaddon but in Greek has the name Apollyon, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, Lord of Darkness, the Anti-Haruhi)
Mr. Game & Watch, Avatar of Hammerspace, Lord of the Second Dimension, Ruler of Handheld Games
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Reality Warpers, Destruction of the World and aversion thereof, Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Domains: Darkness, Destruction, Happiness, Staticism, Meritocracy
- Followers: Calvin and the other Adam Young.
- Adam is the son of Satan and the antithesis of Haruhi. Where Haruhi embodies established elements of stories, Adam represents the destruction of said elements and replacing them with something new. The forces of Evil hoped he would tear down the pantheon and allow them to take over; unfortunately for both them and their enemies, as soon as Adam and Haruhi met, they hit it off and quickly became good friends.
- Two of the playmates in his "gang" are Jem and Scout, Atticus's kids. They get into a lot of (usually not horrific) trouble together, and they always come out of it fine.
(Mr. G&W, The secret guy)
John Carmack, Avatar of First Person Shooters and Online Multiplayer, Lord of the Third Dimension, Ruler of PC Games
- Overdeity (Most of those who were born in 2-D consider him as the 'tribal elder', and will obey him if circumstances allow it. Yes, even Mario.)
- Symbol: Mr. Game & Watch's
Bell SCEPTER OF POWER
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Hammerspace, Use of everything From Torches to Turtles to Fish to Buckets of Oil and Everything In Between, Flat Character (literally), Secret Character, Hyperspace Mallet, AFGNCAAP
- Domains: Darkness (he is monochrome, after all), the 2-D realm, 2nd-Gen videogames (he's one of the few that survived the Video Game Crash of 1983), Handheld Videogames, Flat Zone
- Followers: Anyone who's every drawn a square, every comic book character, every videogame character born in 2-D, every cartoon character, every anime/manga character.
- Allies: Mario, Link, Sonic, Batman.
- Opposed by: Tabuu. Mr. Game & Watch spends much of his time trying to catch up to Tabuu and complete his revenge for the latter making him into one of the worst bosses in Brawl. Also, G&W fought against the Polygon Ceiling for years, though he has managed to break it using a manhole cover. Solid Snake has a tenacious relationship with Game & Watch, as he had gained true power after entering 3-D.
- Likes to show off his pandimensional Mismatched Sock Collection, made up of every sock in all of time and space that has ever been lost in the wash.
- Whatever you do, do NOT mess with this guy. Besides owning every hyperspace mallet ever created, having access to all items held in Bags of Holding, and having the ability to control all those pesky implements that robots have, he also has many, many, favors from Mario, Link, Sonic, and various others who gained their greatness in 2-D.
- Currently ranked 8th in the tier list of Brawl
- For the record, it's spelled Game & Watch. Not Game and Watch. Game & Watch.
- It's possible that if he really wanted to, Game & Watch could cash in all his favors, battle Batman for the title of God of Preparations, and win, proving himself the most powerful being under the Main House.
- Batman read this, and is now preparing for this possibility. Nice one.
- But given the above, doesn't Batman himself owe a favor or two? He's a cartoon character, too...
- Well, comic book character, but the principle's still the same.
- Batman owes Game & Watch the favour of popularizing video games. On the other hand, Batman was in comics before Game & Watch's Real Life creator was even born.
Mario, God of Mascots and Fun
- Overdeity (Most of those who were born in 3-D and those who were born in the First-Person Shooter realm consider him as the 'tribal elder', and will obey him if circumstances allow it. Yes, even Master Chief.)
- Symbol: The id Software logo
- Alignment: Neutral Good, though Moral Guardians call him Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Popularizing the First-Person Shooter genre, Developing a lot of the technologies, especially BSP trees, that are practically essential to modern video games, even on consoles, and still at it, being an aerospace engineer aside from video game developer
- Domains: The 3-D realm, 4th-Gen videogames (his games debuted during the 4th Generation of Video Games), PC Videogames, First-Person Shooter, Online Multiplayer
- Followers: Every videogame character born in 3-D, every CG cartoon and Machinima character, every First-Person Shooter character.
- High Priest: The Doom Marine, William "B.J." Blazkowicz
- Allies: Mr. Game & Watch, Master Chief, William "B.J." Blazkowicz, Gordon Freeman, the Team Fortress 2 characters.
- Opposed by: The Moral Guardians who bash on Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, Mecha Hitler
- Likes to show off his pan-dimensional Gun Collection, made up of every gun in all of time and space that has ever been made.
- Whatever you do, do NOT mess with this guy. Besides owning every kind of weapon imaginable and having access to all items held in his ever-expanding Hyperspace Arsenal, he also has many, many, favors from Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, William "B.J." Blazkowicz, The Team Fortress characters, and various others who gained their greatness in 3-D.
- Being the 3D counterpart to Mr. Game & Watch, both Carmack and Mr. Game & Watch share a mutual friendship with each other.
- John Carmack is also an aeronautical engineer at the company he founded, Armadillo Aerospace. The company won the $350,000 Level One X-Prize Lunar Lander Challenge in October 2008.
- Has won numerous awards and gained recognition
- Aside from developing technologies that are essential to modern videogames, PCs and consoles, he is researching on "sparse voxel octrees" for the upcoming Id Tech 6 engine.
(Mister Video Game)
Primus, God of Mechanical Lifeforms
- Theme Song: Do you even have to ask?
- Greater God
- Symbol: Red hat with an "M" on it. Alternatively, a Super Mushroom.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Mascots, Power Ups, Being Average in a Good Way, Jumping on Platforms, Jumping on Other Things, Jumping in General, Parkour Practitioner, Star Child and Light Prognosticus Hero, Hackneyed Old Plots, Branching Out, Survivor of Black Holes and Big Bangs, Go-Karting, Party Games, Quack Medicine, White Gloves
- Domains: Celerity, Courage, Fire, Good, Trade, Trickery
- Allies: Wario, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Opposed by: The same as above, excluding Peach and Yoshi.
- Followers: All who follow The Path of the 8 Bits, including Player Uno.
- Was previously God of Video Games before ceding his responsibilities to Gabe and Tycho to focus on merchandising. He spends a lot of his time with the Angry Video Game Nerd, or trying to get the last purple coins.
- When Sonic the Hedgehog came back to the Pantheon, Mario continued their rivalry, which is now much more friendly. In fact the two fought each other in a death battle with the two trying to beat one another with their best powerups. Unfortunately, due to Mario being a Jack of All Stats without powerups, and Sonic having Super Speed already, he was quickly decimated. Mario doesn't mind though, and congratulated Sonic on a well-deserved victory.
- Mario's known to possess a superhuman level of adaptability—he has always been able to learn and change as necessary to overcome most any manner of hardship with little to no practice. This has enabled him to defeat witches, aliens, monsters, mutants, demons, robots, ghosts, zombies, dinosaurs, dragons, super weapons and...really just about anything you could list. Potentially, he could meet the challenge of even an Overdeity if this attribute persists.
- Upon hearing that Princess Peach ascended to the Pantheon, he rushed to her aid to save her before Bowser found out. Fortunately for him, Peach had already knocked out the first guy who tried to seduce her (Zapp Brannigan) with a well place hit to the head with a frying pan.
(Heart of Cybertron, Wellspring of All Sparks, Supreme Class Wave 2, Last of the Light Gods, Lord of Light)
The SCP Foundation, Organization of Fantasy Deconstruction, Containment and [DATA EXPUNGED]. Maintainers of the Status Quo
- Greater God. He would have greater influence if not for a general policy of noninterference.
- Symbol: The Autobot Matrix of Leadership
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Mechanical Lifeforms, Cybertrons, Physical Gods, Action Figures
- Domains: Artifice, Good, Law, Sun, Radiance, Life, Metal, Transformation, Warforged (As Close to Transformers as D&D currently has)
- Considers Tommy Oliver a genocidal maniac for his desire to sacrifice giant robots. Primus is the god of living machines, so in perspective it's really a matter of looking after his children.
- ... Except for Starscream. He'd rather The Traitor be immortal than rejoin with him. Which makes Starscream the Satan, rather than Megatron. Huh.
- Dig deep enough into the soil of the Pantheon, and you will hit metal. The Pantheon is built on Primus, who is also the House of Technology and possibly a few other houses. He could potentially transform back into a humanoid shape, but is willingly Mode Locked. Primus rarely makes his presence known, preferring to let his children act for him.
- His sibling is Unicron. In this reality, they ignore each other despite being in very, very close proximity. It helps that Unicron's time is almost entirely taken up by the Death Star and Galactus.
- Primus has basically adopted all of the Pantheon's thinking robots, even Mecha-Mooks. Even if they were built by the hands of fleshier gods. He seems to be ignoring Humongous Mecha that can only move at the commands of pilots, but he just might try and put sparks in them, given a chance.
(The Foundation, Soap From Corpses Products Inc., Skeptics of Conspiracy and the Paranormal, South Cheyenne Point)
Terry Pratchett, God of Trope Identification And Footnotes
- Overdeity: The organization as a whole. It consists of a vast number of lesser beings.
- Symbol: The motto "To Secure, Contain, and Protect" and their official pointed-circle logo.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Extranormal Institute, He Who Fights Monsters, Nightmare Fuel, High Turnover Rate, Necessarily Evil, Paranoia Fuel, Things Man Was Not Meant to Know, Status Quo Is God
- Domains: Deconstruction, Skepticism, Containment, Logic, Security, Status Quo, Censorship, [DATA EXPUNGED]
- Though not a singular entity, the Foundation has collected so many weird and odd artifacts over the years that it has a very in-depth understanding of how extranormal beings operate and, as a result, have developed many effective methods in fighting and containing them. Realizing that they would work better as allies than enemies, the head deities allowed the SCP Foundation to establish a permanent presence in the Main House, where its primary duty is to oversee the House of Treasures, maintain the status quo of the Pantheon, and make sure that the mortal realms remain unaware of the events that transpire in this plane of existence.
- Operation Gotterdammerung is proceeding as planned. Xanatos: Phase Six, complete.
- The Foundation once tried to "neutralize" Fred Rogers because they deemed him too powerful. It didn't end well.
- Batman has very close ties to the Foundation; it has been rumored that he may in fact head it, or at the very least provide a rather sizable chunk of its data as regards to other gods in general and super-beings in particular.
- Due to its vast collection of various artifacts, it's rumored that the Foundation has an SCP or procedure to kill, incapacitate, or contain any being or deity it comes across. It commands great fear and respect among the lesser deities after stories of its "neutralizing" of one of Haruhi's alternate universe counterparts began to circulate.
- Apparently has a few agents watching Yukari Yakumo, just in case she decided that it would be better if the Patheon 'disappeared'.
- Has recently formed an alliance with the agents of the Warehouse, past and present, due to their similar missions.
(Pterry, Sir Terence Pratchett)
Walter Cronkite, God of News
- Greater God
- Symbol: Four giant elephants standing atop an extremely giant turtle
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Subversion, Deconstruction, Lampshade Hanging, Justification
- Domains: Creation, Death, Trickery
- Followers: Gilgamesh, Akira Takano, Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer!, Thursday Next, Andrew Hussie
- Created the Theory of Narrative Causality, the principle which ALL fictional realities have to one degree or another.
(Most Trusted Man In The Multiverse, Evening News Anchor Emeritus)
G-man, God of Total Secrecy, Believable Roulette Plans, and Manipulative Suits
- Greater God
- Symbol: The CBS eye
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Broadcasting, Practicality, Dramatic Glasses Removal
- Domains: Truth, Balance, Good, History, Simplicity
- Followers: Jade, Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Charles Gibson, Jon Stewart, Bruce Nolan
- Ascended to the Pantheon immediately following his "death", which was really a ruse so that he could report on the events occurring elsewhere in the Pantheon. Takes his position as the most trusted man in the multiverse VERY seriously, even members of the Council of Shadows have been noted to defer to his judgment after particularly scouring editorials, such as the time when he got Light Yagami to give up the Death Note by stating: "But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to give up the Death Note, not as a victor, but as an honorable Magnificent Bastard who lived up to his pledge to rid the world of injustice, and did the best he could."
Maxwell, Shaper of Reality, The Endless Creator, The Kid with the Leash, Tamer Of Gods, He-to-Whom-All-Must-Surrender, Official Errand-Boy and Thankless Job-Doer of the Pantheon
- Greater God (Potential Overdiety)
- Symbol: A Briefcase
- Alignment: True Neutral to Chaotic Evil, true alignment unknown.
- Portfolio: Unknown
- Domains: Time and Space, presumably. All other information unknown
- Followers: Adrian Shepard and Gordon Freeman, who apparently act as his (unwilling) physical presence in the world.
- Holding sway over time, space, reality, and some say the Tropes Themselves, G-man is able to act with total secrecy and is presumed to be extremely powerful. Not even the wisest and most knowing Gods have ever been able to track G-man down or find out where he goes or what he has planned. G-man never seems to stay in reality long, much preferring his strange sub-dimension. He doesn't even have a throne within his small chamber in the Main House. G-man seems to be able to manipulate anyone or anything to do his bidding, and the Fallen and Disgraced are his favorite pastime toys. G-man has never been known to act directly. Instead he always has someone else carry out his mysterious plans while he silently watches from the sidelines.
- Despite his incredibly secrecy and uncanny knowledge, Batman can still defeat him, if G-man ever gave him time to prepare. He is careful to never let this happen.
- G-man does not fight, ever. As stated above he will seek out powerful puppets to do his bidding instead, setting down a spark of unrest or a similar dark doing to achieve his desired results. It is possible that he caused Kratos's and Dante's epic battles out of amusement. Theorized to frequently play the SCP Foundation off (with his rivals Kane and Xanatos) to keep his skills sharp.
- Although he sometimes mentions "Employers", these are more likely dark Gods that have enlisted his services in times of desperation.
- An "offer" from G-man is an automatic sentence of servitude, to refuse is to die.
The Unconquered Sun, God of Virtue, Perfection, and Holy Hand Grenades
- In terms of political power, he's a Quasideity (if even that). In terms of innate power, well... let's just say calling him an Overdeity would be like calling a tsunami a "splash."
- Symbol: The Rooster Hat
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Rewriting and/or Warping Reality, Controlling Things Small Children Shouldn't, Awesome Hats, Awesomeness In General, Imaaaaaagination!, Using Really Cool Powers For Stupid Things
- Domains: Chaos, Creation, Destruction, Summoning
- Allies: Anyone. Potentially.
- Enemies: He has many enemies, but very few dare stand against him due to his absolute power to write them (and their friends, and possibly the universe in which they live) out of existence. Braniac is one such god that Maxwell has to worry about.
- Despite his small stature, Maxwell is quite possibly the single most powerful being in every single plane of existence ever. While his physical strength is meager at best, he is capable of summoning, controlling, and bending to his will anything in existence, from the merest flea to the Great Old Ones. Even the Overdeity of Overdeities must bend before his command. He has the power to create or destroy entire universes at a whim, as well as any object to populate them.
- The only reason he is not the sole ruler of the Pantheon—and the vast Multiverse under its command—is due to his obsession with collecting shiny star-shaped things; indeed, he puts all of his mighty powers solely toward finding them. The other gods often hide them around the Pantheon. That way, he will be endlessly occupied and leave them alone. Several gods have taken to abusing his enthusiasm to get him to do their chores for him; so long as he is rewarded with a Starite, he is content. Well, OK, he occasionally summons one of them to help him look, but for the most part, he sticks to Lolcats and explosives.
- The reason he does collect them was due to an incident of causing his sister to be petrified and that Startites, made from doing good deeds to people, were the only cure.
- Strangely enough, copyrights are a severe limitation to his power. Thus anyone who isn't in the public domain will try to avoid falling into such. Recently however Mario, Link and other characters related to them have fallen under his thrall.
- He recently traveled into the DC multiverse fighting alongside many superheroes like Batman and Superman. The DC Gods both good and bad are frightened because he can now control pretty much anyone within that sphere. This is one of the only few things that made the Joker freak out. He also had to deal with Brainiac using the Starites to summon other alternate versions of himself from the DC universe. Hence, he has stated that the Starites have more security put in the for safety reasons.
- Powerful as he is, he is still beholden to the Progenitors like the rest of the Pantheon.
(Sol Invictus, Ignis Divine, the Once-Guarding Star, the Most High, the Highest of Holies)
Luna, God/dess of Chaos, Change, and Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Greater God
- Symbol: Five golden sigils representing the rising, resplendent, setting, hidden, and eclipsed sun
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: The Power of the Sun, Embodiments of Virtue and Righteousness, Order and Perfection, The Destruction of Creatures of Darkness
- Domains: Courage, Good, Glory, Law, Protection, Purification, Nobility, Radiance, Sun, War
- Allies: Luna, The Five Maidens
- Followers: The Solar Exalted
- Enemies: All evil gods, but especially the Ebon Dragon
- Yes, he and Amaterasu exist in the same Pantheon. Don't think about it too much.
- Despite the term "Creatures of Darkness", he holds no ill will towards Midna and those like her. However, they do hold a somewhat strained relationship, due to his ability to declare entire species fair game for holy powers.
(The Silver Goddess, the Argent Madonna, the Fickle Lady, the White Navigator, the Two-Faced Bride, the Bloody Huntress, the Silver-Horned Watcher, the Walker at the Crossroads, and many, many others
The Five Maidens, Goddesses of Fate
- Greater Deity
- Symbol: Five silver sigils representing the full, waxing, half, waning, and new moon
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: The Moon, Dreams and Madness, The Wyld, Chaos and Change, Tricksters, Transformation
- Domains: Chaos, Charm, Dream, Good, Illusion, Madness, Moon, Night, Transformation
- Allies: The Unconquered Sun, The Five Maidens
- Followers: The Lunar Exalted
- It is occasionally suggested that she join the Council Of Cloudcuckooland. She responds to this by changing to a personality that is often exasperated at the antics around her. Then goes back to cheerfully insane as soon as the author of the suggestion is convinced otherwise. She's like that.
- Is not to be confused with Princess Luna of Equestria, nor Sailor Moon's pet cat, nor Hogwarts student Luna Lovegood.
(Mercury, Maiden of Journeys, Venus, Maiden of Serenity, Mars, Maiden of Battles, Jupiter, Maiden of Secrets, Saturn, Maiden of Endings)
Autochthon, the Great Maker
- Greater Goddesses
- Symbol: The astrological symbols of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, in yellow, blue, red, green, and violet, respectively
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Shared Portfolio: The
Three Five Faces Of Eve, Fate, Stars, Necessity, Inscrutable Plans, Koans
- Exclusive to Mercury: Walking the Earth, Vehicles Cool And Otherwise, Teleportation
- Exclusive to Venus: The Power of Love, The Power of Friendship, Marital Bliss, Sex, Happiness
- Exclusive to Mars: War, The Thousand Correct Actions of the Upright Soldier, Intelligent Strategy, the Many Shades of Conflict
- Exclusive to Jupiter: Secrets, Truth and Lies, Revealed Truths, Conspiracies, Planning and Manipulation
- Exclusive to Saturn: Endings Happy and Otherwise, Supernatural Martial Arts, Death, New Beginnings
- Shared Domains: Balance, Destiny, Fate, Good, Oracle, Patience, Planning
- Exclusive to Mercury: Celerity, Liberation, Portal, Travel
- Exclusive to Venus: Charm, Community, Family, Lust
- Exclusive to Mars: Destruction, Protection, War
- Exclusive to Jupiter: Knowledge, Mind, Trickery
- Exclusive to Saturn: Death, Renewal, Repose
- Allies: The Unconquered Sun, Luna
- Followers: The Sidereal Exalted
- Don't make the obvious Sailor Senshi jokes in their presence—the last person to do so suffered a double-whammy of offended actual Senshi and a suspiciously timed run of very, very bad luck.
, The King of All Craftsmen
The Ebon Dragon, The Shadow of All Things
- Symbol: Six stylized gears representing Orichalcum, Moonsilver, Starmetal, Jade, Soulsteel, and Adamant
- Alignment: Somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Absolute Mastery of Craftsmanship, Technological Divinities, Sufficiently Analyzed Magic, Being a World Unto Himself, The Magical Materials, Order and Efficiency, Steampunk Aesthetics
- Domains: Artifice, Craft, Creation, Knowledge, Law, Mechanus, Metal
- Allies: The Unconquered Sun, Luna, the Five Maidens, Primus, Tony Stark
- Followers: The Alchemical Exalted, the Autochthonians
- When it came to light he had a cancer problem, he waved it off as something he could handle. He was found two months later passed out after a stroke, and has now been forced into seeking a robo-oncologist.
(The Ultimate Darkness
, The Dragon’s Shadow
, The All-Shadow, The Dragon That Was, Ebby, ED
The Celestial Bureaucracy, Collective Fillers-Out Of Pantheon Paperwork
- Symbol: A black disc so dark that it seems to suck away all light
- Alignment: Stupid Evil
- Portfolio: Nemeses Of All, Darkness Literal And Metaphorical, Living Shadows, Pure Unadulterated Evil, Deceit And Treachery, Evils Great And Small, Strange Obsessions With Marriage, The Inability To Comprehend Virtue Except Through Its Absence, Total Lack Of Standards
- Domains: Corruption, Darkness, Evil, Hatred, Pain, Spite, Suffering, Trickery
- Enemies: Every single deity with a shred of decency in their souls. So all of the Good and Neutral deities, and some of the evil ones, too. But especially the Unconquered Sun.
- Allies: Melkor, in an uneasy "backstab opportunity" truce. For the betting ring as to which one consumes the other first out of sheer hatred of anything powerful that is not of themselves to become the True Ultimate Evil, please see Marge Simpson and Tsunade of the House of Commerce. The long shot bet is Azathoth, for those betting on a surprise upset.
- Followers: The demons descended from him, including but not limited to Erembour, Mara, Alveua, and Makarios. Also, the Green Sun Princes, particularly the Fiends.
- Some deities, having met Midna and her ilk, wonder why the Unconquered Sun refers to his enemies as "Creatures of Darkness". Those who have met the Ebon Dragon wonder no longer.
- The Ebon Dragon wants you to be at the absolute nadir of despair, your dreams crushed, your life ruined, and your body wracked by continual agony. Yes, you specifically. Also everyone else specifically. Ponder that for a few minutes.
(They Who Make The Heavenly Trains Run On Time)
Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu, Highest Judge Of The Court Of Paradise
- Celestial Bureaucracy
- Symbol: Each individual bureaucrat has their own
- Alignment: Varied
- Portfolio: EVERYTHING.
- Domains: See above, re: Portfolio, Alignment, Symbol
- Allies: Everyone who needs them.
- Enemies: Everyone who has been burned by them.
- While the individual deities making up the Bureaucracy aren't necessarily particularly powerful, they are of vital importance to the proper running of the Pantheon, and thus have their central office here... if only so the deities of the Main House won't have to go too far when they need a paperwork slave.
- While they are on a more-or-less constant recruitment drive (hey, more bureaucrats means less paperwork for each one), they don't have too many takers. This is partly due to the nature of the task (who likes paperwork?), but it has more to do with their incomprehensible filing system. Literally incomprehensible—their name for the Full Pantheon List is the Roll of Glorious Divinity, and the other Houses, departments, and organizations have similarly lengthy and pretentious names. All this, however, leads a great many Vogons - Scary Dogmatic Aliens whose dogma is bureaucracy - to join up, but most of them are refused for insisting on writing the poetry that they're so terrible at.
Gohma Vlitra, the Embodiment of Gaia's Vengeance
- Theme Music: Fate of Sixty Years
- Symbol: A pair of scales. One bowl is black, the other white.
- Alignment: Lawful Good (but when she is on the job, she must judge as Lawful Neutral)
- Portfolio: Judgement, Nagging, Workaholism
- Domains: Law, Inquisition, Death, Repose
- Allies: Komachi Onozuka (Direct subordinate) King Yama and Koenma (Fellow Yamasnote )
- The Yama of the Paradise land of Gensokyo, and the representative of Yamas within the Pantheon. Her job is to judge the dead to be "White" or "Black". That is, good or evil. As the Yama, she has the singular power to unerringly judge any person or deed to be "White" or "Black". Once a soul has been judged by the Yama, there can be no appeal; no turnabout. The judgement is final.
- However, despite her professionalism when she is on the job, she spends her time off lecturing the still-living on how to correct their lives. It his her opinion that Hell exists so that no-one sins, not to punish sinners, so she does what she can to make sure as many souls as possible can be judged "White" when the time comes.
- The authority of the Yama is absolute. Everyone, from the lowest insect to the highest of gods, are judged by the Yama when their time comes. No life is truly eternal; no person can avoid their destined appointment with the Yama.
- Despite this, she has immense trouble keeping her own ferryman Shinigami in line.
- There have been rumors of the Yama making unjust judgements on a whim, out of jealousy. There is however no evidence of this whatsoever, and those rumors have never been confirmed.
The Golden Spider, The Embodiment of the Wheel of Life
- Greater God
- Symbol: Earth
- Allignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Magma Monster, Orochi, Mirror Boss, Eldritch Abomination
- Followers: The Gohma Forces, The Stone Like
- Enemies: Asura, Yasha and Mithra; the entire Pantheon, especially members of the Nature Pantheon
- A monstrous abomination born from the Earth's rage due to overpopulation and pollution, Gohma Vlitra has no allegiances to anyone in the Pantheon, and seeks to destroy all of Humanity, including all the Gods of the Pantheon.
- Gohma suddenly began appearing in the Pantheon after Hexxus and his allies went too far in their endeavour to spread pollution. This brought immense worry from the Main House, believing that Gohma Vlitra might have somehow infiltrated the Pantheon, despite having been destroyed in its universe by Asura, Yasha and Mithra. Their fears were not unfounded...
- In fact, that is why the Pantheon is so worried about Vlitra; despite its defeat by their hands, Vlitra is one of the few things in all of creation to be able to give Asura a hard time, requiring a transformation into Mantra Asura through Mithra's power, and the assistance of Yasha to put down.
- Despite the perceived improbability of its presence, Asura and Yasha know exactly who made it possible for Gohma Vlitra to manifest in the Pantheon: Chakravartin the Creator, the one who created the Gohma in the first place.
- Swamp Thing has decided to make it his business to halt Gohma Vlitra's advance. This has made the Pantheon consider him as the replacement of Captain Planet.
- Upon Vlitra's ascension, Asura has taken it upon himself to lead a group of warriors to annihilate it once and for all. Melkor, on the other hand, has decided to try and tame the beast in order to use it against the GUAG.
- Which happens to be something that The Golden Spider will not allow. After all, The Golden Spider claims to be the embodiment of the wheel of life, meaning that he views Melkor as below himself. Whether or not this is a show of the Golden Spider's arrogance or a genuine boast is up in the air.
(Chakravartin The Creator
Valvatorez, God of Promises
- Theme: One Who Spins Ideas, Aurora Borealis, One Who Spins Samsara
- Symbol: Golden Spider Web
- Allignment: Neutral Good, Neutral Evil
- Portfolio: Trickster Mentor, Taking Mithra as his Vessel, Creator of the Gohma, Bigger Bad, Spinner of the Threads of Life
- Domains: Life, Mantra, Naraka
- Followers/ Creation: Gohma Vlitra
- Enemies: Asura and Yasha
- After kidnapping Mithra from the House of Magic, The Golden Spider set up shop in the House of Life and Death, and now has a spot in the Main House.
- He is virtually the only known individual in the Pantheon to talk down to Melkor of all people, and does it to his face, citing that as the spinner of life in Asura's universe, and with Melkor having been created by Eru, the Lord of the Rings universe's God, he is above him. To quote what he said: "I am the Creator of all life in my world; you are merely a creation of your God". Melkor has apparently vowed to squash him for this "insult".
- He tends to distance himself from Nekron, and has been seen making a spider's web in a tree near The Entity's residence, claiming that as fellow weavers of life, he's comfortable around the White Light Entity.
- He has earned Asura's great ire for kidnapping Mithra, but they must settle their score in their own world before settling it in the Pantheon. As far as the outcome, the Pantheon consulted The Fates: the last images seen were the Brahmastra falling to Earth, and Asura and Yasha fighting one another again.
- "This is going to be fun", was the one comment The Golden Spider made on this subject.
- His ascension to the Main House was rather undisputed, considering the fact that Gohma Vlitra is his creation. He likes to associate himself with Primus and Eru, despite how opposite their asssociations with their creations are.
- After his defeat at the hands of Asura, The Golden Spider has had very little to say due to coming down with a case of acute 'Missing half of your face' syndrome.
(Tyrant Valvatorez, Mr. Vampire, Prinny Instructor)
The Snarl, Tangle of the Threads of Reality
- Greater God (Over Deity should he ever regain his Tyrant powers)
- Symbol: His twin snake emblem
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral with good leanings.
- Portfolio: Promises, Non blood sucking vampires, sardine-based nutrition, ties of camaraderie, respected Prinny Instructor, master of uplifting speeches, Noble Demon, spirit and fortitude.
- Domains: Law, Vampires
- Allies: Monkey D. Luffy, Adell, Pinkie Pie, Midna, Rachel Alucard, Adrian Tepes, Artina.
- Minions: Fenrich
- Enemies: Edward Cullen
- Rivals: Zetta
- Thanks to testimony from Zetta about Valvatorez being much more powerful than he lets on, namely that he canonically is nearly equal in power to the Nippon Ichi-verse big three (All greater gods residing in the House of Life and Death, Otherness, and Theatre respectively) despite his de-powered state, he was promoted to the Main House.
- Although Fenrich, his loyal servant, was happy to see his lord move up the ranks, Fenrich is already plotting to push his lord further, stating that his lord should not be second to any god. However, Val is more concerned about upholding his duties as God of Promises than anything else.
- Ever since his promotion, there have been some dreadful rumors being spread about him, namely one that his Tyrant state is every bit as powerful as Tyrant Overlord Baal.
- Currently unknown if he or Flandre Scarlet is the strongest vampire in the pantheon.
- During his spare time, Valvatorez can often be found in the House of Food proclaiming the benefits of sardines and sharing his vast knowledge on them. Most try to ignore him, though some are rather curious about his claim that sardines have allowed him to still be powerful without the need of blood.
- Defeating Fear the Great has earned him the respect of other gods who fight against evil gods and their creations, though Valvatorez remains modest, saying that it was a joint effort by his comrades in his Hades Party and that it was to fulfill his promises. That said, Asura has invited him to join his task force to defeat Gohma Vlitra.
- Although Valvatorez admires that Pinkie Pie is also a strong believer in keeping promises, the two have an ongoing argument over what the last line of a planned Official "Pantheon Promise" Swear should be; Pinkie in favor of "Stick a cupcake in my eye" and Valvatorez in favor of "Stick a sardine in my eye". However, the Swear in general has yet to be approved by the rest of the Pantheon and everyone hopes that it stays that way.
Zanza, God of Recreation and Destruction (and Mechas)
- Eldritch Abomination
- Symbol: A tangled mass of multicolored string
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Continuity Snarl
- Domain: Destruction, Chaos
- The Snarl allegedly arises from the confusion of what trolls are, among other things. However, closer examination has been met with more questions than answers...
Bills, God Of Maintaining Universal Balance Through Destruction
- Symbol: The Bionis
- Theme: Zanza
- Alignment: Neutral Evil, type 3.
- Portfolio: Light Is Not Good, Humongous Mecha, Creating Life, Absorbing energy from life forms to survive.
- Domain: Creation, Destruction, Manipulation, Semi-organic Mechas, Fate, Self-Preservation.
- Allies: Telethia.
- Enemies: Shulk, naturally.
- High priests: Lorithia and Dickson.
- Creator of life as an egotistical scientist named Klaus, Zanza now exists only to survive, destroying his creations time and time again (not to mention the original world) so that he can recycle Ether energy.
- Utilizes Telethia to launch his assault upon the world. These creatures destroy all life they find when called to do so.
- Grows vain and narcissistic, views his creations as little more than sustinence that will feed him until it's time to start anew.
- Creator of the Monado, a sword that can distort energy and crush mechanized foes. Zanza can thus distort reality to a huge extent, and is only slightly limited to laws of physics. When he unites the two existing Monados, he cements his position as Overdeity in the Xenoblade universe, if only for a little while.
- Was originally God of Combat Clairvoyance until he lost that power to Shulk, when the latter and his party initially defeated him. He's a little miffed by that.
(God of Destruction Bills, Birusu, Bils, Beers, Birusu, Birus
- Symbol: An Oracle Fish
- Theme Songs: Bills Wrath, Bill’s Overwhelming Power & The Invulnerable Bills
- Alignment: Neutral Good —> Chaotic Evil (When angered, which can happen very easily.)
- Portfolio: Affably Evil, Adorkable, Ambiguously Evil, BADASS, Balance Between Good and Evil, Beware the Nice Ones, Big Eater, Blood Knight, Blue and Orange Morality, Bunny-Ears Lawyer, Canon Immigrant, The Dreaded, Disproportionate Retribution, Fingerpoke Of Doom, Fun Personified, God of Evil, Hot-Blooded, Invincible Villain, Lean and Mean, Not So Different, Physical God, Psychopathic Manchild, Punch Clock Villain, Punny Name, Purple Is Powerful, Sore Loser, Willfully Weak, Would Hit a Girl
- Domains: Destruction, Balance, Neutral, Chaos
- Followers: EVERY God Related To Destruction And Chaos
- Friendly Rivalry with Goku
- Allies: Whis, Kaname Madoka: Goddess of Hope, Kyouko Sakura (Friendly Rivalry over Dance Dance Revolution)
- Enemies: EVERY God Related To Creation, with the notable exception of Madoka, listed above. Vegeta, Kyubey.
- The real reason that The Saiyain race was exterminated? King Vegeta did not give Bills a sumptuous enough banquet, even when King Vegeta let him use his head as stepping stone while he was eating, so he ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta because he couldn't be bothered to do it himself. Damn.
- Ever wonder why Lord King Kai lives on such a small planet? Bills and King Kai played a car racing video game together and Bills lost, and being the sort of person he is, he destroyed the planet in fit of rage at losing. King Kai then took a large leftover fragment, whittled it down to a sphere, and built a road on it so that he could have fun driving there. This became King Kai's current planet. Bills has since been advised by many to NEVER play Call Of Duty.
- The Joker is very fond of Bills due to his compulsively destructive behaviour. However, Bills is not too fond of The Joker because he doesn’t think clowns are funny.
- There are twelve universes each of which have a God of Destruction, Bills attendant Whis oversees and trains the successive Gods of Destruction of the Seventh Universe, and he asks Goku if he would like to be the next God of Destruction after Bills dies, but Goku turned him down.
- Bills is very confused as to why he has been considered him evil by others in the House when it is his job, and on top of that an important one, to destroy planets, as it maintains balance and equilibrium in the universe because new planets will just be created, by the Gods/Goddess’ Of Creation, as replacement for the planets that are destroyed.
- Once you get to know him, Bills is a polite, friendly and likable Man Child who can quickly become friends with you, and acts like the lazy, affectionate, fun loving overgrown cat that readily joins in the food, song, laughter and dance (yes, he lets loose some truly funky breakdance moves) instead of the God that he should be.
- As a matter of fact, much to the shock of the rest of The Pantheon, he gets along famously with the kind-hearted Kaname Madoka herself. Madoka's Herculean feat of not only destroying an entire universe wracked by grief and despair, but rebuilding a kinder and gentler palce over it quite certifiably earned Bills' respect; Not to mention the fact that he really enjoys the affectionate chin-scratches that Madoka readily gives him and the delicious Afternoon-Tea Parties her mentor Tomoe Mami holds every Thursday Afternoon.
- At one particular Tea Party, he has struck off a Friendly Rivalry with Kyouko Sakura, who swears will not stop practicing until she can beat his funky breakdance-moves in Dance Dance Revolution.
- Be careful around this friendly, polite and fun-loving Deity. Like all cats, Bills is prone to mercurial temperaments and violent mood-swings that can be set off by the most petty of reasons; do remember he is the same God who used King Vegeta's head as a footstool in front of his own son Prince Vegeta while making him treat him to an Eight-Course Banquet, and that was when he was in a good mood...
- He is so immature he needs Whis as constant to remind him about waking up in the morning, good manners and brushing his teeth before going to sleep.
- Every other God in the Dragon Ball universe fears him. Even Shenlong fears Bills.
- Bills is no longer invited to dinner parties with other Gods in the house due to creating a ruckus at last party he was invited to due to no pudding being available.
- Kyubey is one of the few beings that Bills openly hates; not only does the wretched bunny-cat prolong a decrepid universe of sadness by creating despair and destroying hope, but more importantly, the bastard made his dear Puella Magi friends cry.
High Spirits of Genres
Special mention to these special gods.
The Man With No Name, The Spirit of The West
Asura, God of Multiple Arm Attacks, Fighting The Heavens Above, and Rage That Can't Ever Be Stopped.
- Rank: High Spirit of The Old West
- Theme Song: "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly"
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Symbol: A black hat, a Poncho, and a Smith & Wesson Revolver
- Portfolio: Spaghetti Western, Badass Bandolier, Badass Poncho, Black and Gray Morality, Bounty Hunter, Crapsack World, The Drifter, The Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Improbable Aiming Skills, No Name Given, Good Is Not Nice
- Domains: Foreign Westerns, Anti-Heroes
- Followers: Quentin Tarantino
- Allies: John Wayne, Sergio Leone
- Enemies: George Lucas and Gene Rodenberry, as their works helped to decrease interest in the Old West.
- Was granted Godhood in Rango.
(Asura the Destructor
- Theme Song's: "In your Belief", "Asura unleashed" (When REALLLY Angry)
- Greater God Likely an Overdiety in his Mantra Form, Full Blown Overdiety in his Destructor form.
- Symbol: His Mantra Halo◊ when he was a member of The Eight Guardian Generals
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Vengeance, Rage beyond all comprehension, Rescuing his daughter, using multiple arms, having Higher transformations than just his Multi Armed form, Ungodly Strength, Energy Projection, Destroying Planet sized objects with his bare fists, planet sized final form, Punching out a creator god.
- Allies: Son Goku, Dante, Other Combat deities, Yasha, Naruto, Jin Kazama, Pit, Mister Rogers, Joel, Lucifer and assorted companions, people that are sensible enough not to make him angry in general.
- Enemies: Kratos, Relius Clover, Kazuya Mishima, Ghetsis, Lu Bu
- Ascended after everything he has went through was shown to the other members of the Pantheon, where almost everyone nearly shat themselves at his raw power.
- Has a major father instinct, and really wants his daughter Mithra to ascend to the pantheon to be able to be with her. Is also pissed off at abusive parents, and has at one point almost destroyed the House of Family with the aid of Devil Jin, intent on destroying Relius Clover after witnessing the latter attempting to "experiment" on his son Carl.
- Is often compared to Akuma. The two had a fight so massive that it took 500 years to conclude. Who won the fight is still up in the air.
- Recently took Sweeney Todd's place as the God of Vengeance and Rage. To this day, no one dares to speak about it, as it was not pretty. Even most of the other violent deities in the house hid in terror after it happened.
- Despite similarities between the two, Asura despises Kratos with a passion for his carelessness towards humanity in how he kills them with no remorse even if they are innocent villagers. It brings to mind other Demi-Gods that he had fought before ascending to this pantheon.
- Since Asura has had less than ideal encounters with gods in his life, he rarely visits the pantheon, or even his own temple. Although he does go to the Combat Pantheon every now and again to keep his skill sharp, and he has another temple there he uses to rest up.
- On multiple occasions Asura has been seen with another fighter, Yasha, when visiting the Combat Pantheon. Although he hasn't ascended (at least not yet) and he looks more calm then the raging Asura, the gods tend to give him space, since he seems to be the only one on par with Asura. This thought has given Melkor much to worry about.
- Asura gives his blessing to any who have been betrayed and seek revenge. But this blessing comes with a warning, he tells those who follow him that they should always be careful managing their rage, lest it consumes them. This doesn't mean, however, that he accepts followers, due to his stance against gods.
- He's formed a strange friendship with Pit of all people. Probably because both of them actually like humans and have fought the entirety of their lives to protect them, plus having to fight some really Jerkass Gods in that effort. Some have also compared Asura's father instinct with Pit's desire to protect his goddess.
- Making Asura mad has been voted "The most idiotic thing any can ever do" by the House of Mentalism; Asura has shown no objection, since he knew that means having more time to himself and his daughter. Even Hazama refuses to troll him, after a mere attempt caused Asura to use Hazama as target practice for his Rapid Fire Fisticuffs for three whole days. Hazama was forced to apologize to prevent a bigger beatdown, and the two have agreed to never speak of it again.
- There is also an incident regarding Lu Bu mocking him for his theme. The end result: Asura delivering the biggest No-Holds-Barred Beatdown the Pantheon has ever seen. Thus the universal agreement that pissing off Asura is a bad idea.
- Cell once attempted to absorb Asura in order to obtain his powers for himself. The result was a massive No-Holds-Barred Beatdown in which Asura completely floored Cell. Cell even used his Solar Kamehameha in an effort to kill him, and it looked for a moment it would work, but even that failed against Asura's Mantra form.
- Cell apparently did receive a MASSIVE power boost afterwards, when he recovered from the near death blows. Whenever Asura appears, however, he immediately leaves for the safety of his temple.
- One of the few beings to take Mister Rogers head on. They ended up tieing and became good friends afterwards.
- Is actually pretty chill in regards to Lucifer, especially because they both share the same ideas about giving any asshole from above a good asskicking for trying to mess with them or those under their protection, and since one of Lucifer's similarly named generals fell trying to oppose YHVH, Asura offered his help if Lucifer decides to take on heaven again (presuming that Kashima boy isn't around to lead Lucifer's armies) and put his knuckles across the Great Will's face.
- Several evil deities that think they can defeat him while he's armless have sent entire armies worth of mooks. These Deities in particular taunt him that they'll take Mithra away from him again. Armed with only a shard of his master's sword, he eventually got so pissed off that this happened resulting in a giant arm that wiped out hundreds of millions of minions like rice paper. Even armless, it shows Asura shouldn't be fucked with.
- Has learned to suppress his Berserker/Wrath form by meditating with Cosmos. That being said, he has a MUCH easier time in accessing his Mantra form, terrifying almost everybody in the Pantheon.
- Upon learning of the ascension of Gohma Vlitra, Asura has decided to form a task force in order to end it once and for all. Aside from Yasha (who helped him slay the beast), Travis Touchdown, Ryu Hayabusa, Kratos (albeit reluctant), Goku and Augus (just to be able to fight Asura after all is done) have joined him.
- His absolutely gigantic Destructor Form has made many of the Mecha piloting gods very interested in taking on said form. Asura has yet to respond to these challenges, but notes it as being interesting.
- His reputation as the most Badass member of the Pantheon was cemented with his battle and victory against The Golden Spider (aka Chakravatin, the Creator).
- Asura, despite his overwhelming power, has no real political power in the pantheon, like Flandre Scarlet. Unlike Flandre however, this is mostly out of choice. We use the word mostly because whenever he is asked for a solution to any given problem, he always answers: "Punch it." Now granted this solution worked for most of his problems but the pantheons' problems are a little more complicated.
- It was noted by the pantheon that when he and Evil Ryu did a Shun Goku Satsu against each other, the Japanese Symbol for anger popped up during the fight, which translates out to "Ikari". Some of have wondered what would happen if Asura when angry and an Angry Shinji Ikari fought...
- Has been seen speaking with Caius Ballad a few times. Asura has shown a level of respect to Caius for his concern over Yeul, though whether or not he's aware of the lengths Caius took for her is unknown.