open/close all folders
Aphrodite, Pantheon's Most Beautiful Goddess, Goddess of Cheating Lovers (Venus, Goddess of Beauty, Aphro, Aph)
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: A heart symbol carried by doves.
- Alignment: Formerly True Neutral, now either Neutral or Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Hitting Anything That Moves, Beauty Personified, Deity of Love, Really Gets Around, The Power of Love (Which Is Awesome), Stripperiffic, Ethical Sluts, Good Bad Girls, Refusing To Sleep With Her Husband, Being Everyone Else's Soulmates, Broken Bird, Support Presence, Being Used As A Measurement Of Beauty (With Her Being Said To Be 'Less' Beautiful), Shrugging Off Status Effects
- Domain: Love, Beauty, Lust
- Allies: Zeus, Hercules, Vulcan, Kratos?, Reika Aoki, The Investigation Team, Guan Yu, Thor, Sun Wukong, Pit, Wonder Woman, Panty and Stocking
- Uneasy Relationship: Andromeda Shun, Artemis
- Enemies: Nyarlathotep, the other Hades, Hera
- When Kratos destroyed Mount Olympus, Aphrodite was one of the survivors. She found herself amongst the Trope Pantheons, in order to serve as the Distaff Counterpart of Hercules' portfolio, and when it was revealed that she has been seen in the Battlefield of the Gods and cheating with a lot of deities and in the same time, giving them great support, which surprises even Cosmos and many of the House of Love, who knew that cheating isn't always negative and can be beneficial?
- They were even more surprised when it was revealed that Aphrodite harbored a lot of regret on causing the Trojan War, and the reason she was seen in the Battlefield of the Gods was to try to find out if her beauty can be used to stop war, they thought she didn't give a shit about the Trojan War after winning that 'The Fairest' apple. And that all her cheating escapades was because she's rather insecure and feeling worthless when her husband Hephaestus wasn't paying much attention to her despite her title. Of course old habits die hard and she tends to use the facade of Proud Beauty and Bitch in Sheep's Clothing front of many, but many who knew this understood about her tortured soul.
- Upon further investigation, it has been confirmed that she was inflicted by an element of the Pandora's Box, Lust/Vanity, but her acts came more from her natural self being the Goddess of Beauty. It was only after an incident in the Battlefield of the Gods, when she formed a link with Guan Yu, protected him from Loki and being healed by his 'infectuous leadership' that the element was destroyed, allowing people to discover her broken heart.
- This also lets her to re-discover her passion with Kratos after their night-stand during the fall of Olympus. But deep down she also felt a little insecure and scared, realizing the last time Kratos caved her whole Pantheon. Still he reminded her so much with Ares... something that would make Kratos just facepalm.
- Hanging around with various Gods here eventually even got her slightly disgusted with how Zeus acted so Kratos kicked his arse. However, Aphrodite didn't dare raise such statement in front of Zeus. This is Zeus we're talking about after all.
- This was also why after Hephaestus rose as Vulcan into the Pantheon, Aphrodite has been lately paying him a visit and secretly shares her newfound disgust, as well as how it wouldn't be possible had it not been her participation in the Battlefield of the Gods. Surprisingly, Vulcan also understands that, and for a rare time, they were actually agreeing and treating each other with respect.
- It was said that she's looking for what is true inner beauty, despite her title. For this, she is fond with the Guardian of inner beauties, Reika Aoki.
- When she entered the Pantheon, she received weird looks from Andromeda Shun. This probably stems from the fact that from his knowledge, Gods aside of Athena in his realm can be such assholes, and that she shared the same name as the evil Pisces Saint. In one look, Aphrodite can realize that her kiss can't charm him, so she decided to share her tale, enough that Shun would leave her alone in normal terms.
- Many worshippers of other Goddesses would boast that their Goddesses' beauty are unmatched they're either on par or even more beautiful than Aphrodite. The Pantheon has made this a taboo, because this is usually hitting Aphrodite's insecurity and usually this would attract her wrath. Despite her portfolio, her wrath is not to be underestimated.
- Is friends with Panty and Stocking. She especially likes the former as the two share personalities.
- At one point, Aphrodite was planning on a beauty contest amongst the Pantheon Goddesses, but it was quickly deduced by the Investigation Team, especially Yu Narukami, that it's yet another way to mask her insecurity, and her acts reminded them of their mortal class teacher, Noriko Kashiwagi, and it's not doing good for her image. After being suggested by Narukami that she should be more confident of herself, Aphrodite was so grateful that she even offers to become his Persona at times.
- Has a motherly sense of affection for Wonder Woman, who inherited her blessings of beauty and love, and is extremely proud of her fighting in the name of love and peace.
- Whenever she gets near Nyarlathotep, she couldn't understand how it came to be so far, but... she hates him. She thinks he didn't deserve any 'love'. So far, seems like only Tatsuya Suou, Maya Amano and Eikichi Mishina has any idea why she thinks like that.
- Also hates the other Hades who just wouldn't leave her insecurity alone like the original one, instead mocking it at every opportunity possible. On the other hand, she had quite the interest of Pit not just for his opposition against this Hades, but him being a short-statured winged youth mainly wielding a bow reminded her of her son Cupid/Eros.
Flonne, Goddess of Love Freaks (Lady Arch Angel, Pure Pink, via Volunteer Sauver, Space Monster Flonne)
- Intermediate Goddess (Greater when using her Overload Skill "Volunteer Sauver")
- Symbol: A fluorescent pink feather
- Alignment: Neutral Stupid Good
- Portfolio: Pollyannas, Explaining The Meaning Of Love, Friends To All Living Things, Fluffy Cloud Heavens, Subjects of Oedipus Complexes, The Power of Love and Friendship, Magikarp Power
- Domains: Celestial, Healing, Protection, Good
- Followers: Anzu Mazaki, Eru, America
- Superior: Seraph Lamington
- Subordinates: Artina
- Allies: Laharl (claimed), Etna, Sicily, Raspberyl, Heart Aino, Madoka Kaname, Kim Kaphwan, Yellow Heart, Asia Argento, Asagi Asagiri, Yoko Littner, Patricia Martin, Megumi Aino, Colette Brunel
- Enemies: the GUAE Trollkaiger (Terumi, Bernkastel, Izaya, Handsome Jack, and Basco), most members of the House of Hatred, YHVH.
- Frequent guest of Laharl, God of Noble Demons. Laharl insists that it's for purely for tactical alliance reasons and the fact that she acts exactly like his mother is entirely coincidence.
- Upon concluding that Laharl's conversion to the side of good was a success (whether he admits it or not), Flonne has set her sights on nudging Kefka towards the path of righteousness. The rest of the pantheon is taking bets on how long before she snaps.
- Experienced a massive surge in power after her recent promotion/transformation.
- Her otaku nature means that she often Squees over seeing Humongous Mecha and Cool Starships, means that when she's not here, she is visiting the House of Technology in hopes she can convince someone there into building her a better machine.
- NEVER comment to her about her small chest, the last person that did so got blasted to the other end of the planet.
- Is a very vocal supporter of the Chick Magnet Quartet, which is probably a given since Criminy is one of the members and Asia is part of its Battle Harem. Rumor has it she's also the president of the Quartet's much-rumored fanclub...
- She's currently trying to teach Panty and Stocking the ways of a more proper angel. So far there's been very little progress, as Panty keeps on having sex with all the gods of the Pantheon, and Stocking continues to eat more and more sweet food.
- The discovery of Flonne's Magical Girl transformation caused her to become a target for "Trollkaiger". It involved a copy of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The experience freaked her out to say the least. Unfortunately for Trollkaiger, Flonne found out soon after that Madoka herself existed, and upon meeting her, the loving, kind, selfless nature of the Goddess won Flonne's utmost admiration. Then she found out about Madoka's Sisterhood, and applied as soon as she could, thrilled at the prospect of working alongside such an amazing person. Oops.
- After the Great Upheaval, Flonne has been inducted into the ranks of the Sisterhood. After everything that had unfolded during that horrible time, her unending optimism is widely considered to be in DIRE need. It's working so far, at least on some level. Upon the orders of Lamington, she and the Celestial Host have deployed to the GUAG Sisterhood to protect Madoka during "The Pantheonic Rebellion". However, the Upheaval has given Flonne a question to ponder: "How could love go so wrong?"
- She is occasionally found visiting Asagi in Purgatory, encouraging her to continue on her quest.
Belldandy, Goddess of Magical Girlfriends
- Symbol: A blue gem shaped like a teardrop
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Magical Girlfriends, Yamato Nadeshiko, Wish Fulfillment, Kikuko Inoue, Talking With Animals, Innocent Cohabitation, The Ingenue, Love You and Everybody (usually), Physical Goddess, Drunk on Soda.
- Domains: Celestia, Healing, Protection.
- Allies: Madoka Kaname, Doctor Wong Fei-Hong, Captain America, Skuld, Ryoubi, Ryouna, Tytti Noorbuck, Fuu Hououji, Freya, Tyr, the Gokaigers, Cherry
- Enemies: Insarn, I-No.
- Opposed: Tewi Inaba
- Followers: Lum Invader (Urusei Yatsura).
- Belldandy answers the calls of lonely Earth boys looking for love, as long as they are pure of heart. Those who does get answered, consider yourself lucky, because she'd really be a perfect mate.
- Belldandy's name was meant to be Verdandi, but the limitations of the Japanese language caused problems and the name stuck.
- In spite of being a Norse-based deity, Belldandy's mannerisms really mimics the ideal Japanese Housewife. She would be the perfect Goddess for that throne, but Belldandy insisted that she didn't look that part and someone that fits the look as well should be the one taking the job instead of her hogging everything. Well, she did find the more suitable person.
- Will occasionally insist that she's 17 years old. note In fact... she once said that to I-No. Unfortunately for Belldandy, not everyone who shared the same thing seems to enjoy the gag.
- After finding out that her sister, Skuld, had been in Pantheon all this time, but for some weird reason, she was based on some kind of weird, unfinished fanfic, she pended that the Court of the Gods should change that. She was successful.
- Because she's so demure and kind-hearted, many mistook her as a doormat and decided to do crap on her. Big mistake. When Belldandy tapped into her power, she can cause untold wreckage to her enemies until they behave.
- Many Gods from the Norse origins wondered if her original namesake, Verdandi, would become eligible for the Battleground of the Gods. They do know that Belldandy cannot take her current form for that.
- Belldandy didn't seem to interact much with these deities, but she forms a bit of a bond with the Valkyrie Queen Freya, whose mannerism seems to remind her with her sister Urd... except Freya is neutral with her love affairs.
- Also, while the Tyr in the Pantheon is not same as Belldandy's father, he still treats Belldandy like she was his child.
- Have opposed and complained about Tewi's acts of mischief despise being a goddess of luck. Tewi never listen, instead even fooled her to buy stuff.