open/close all folders
The Overseers of Life and Death
Athena, Goddess of Those Born as Adults (Minerva, Goddess of Wisdom, Goddess of War, Pallas Athena)
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: A golden lance next to the Aegis Shield.
- Alignment: Lawful Good at her best and Lawful Neutral at her worst
- Portfolio: Skipping Baby and Child Forms, Strategic Warfare Deities, Wise Badasses, Virginity Taken With Extremity, The Aegis Shield, Daddy's Girls.
- Domains: Birth, Wisdom, War
- Allies: Zeus (her father), All Saints of Athena (Ascended: Phoenix Ikki, Pegasus Seiya, Cygnus Hyoga, Andromeda Shun), Pit, Aigis, several other Olympian/Roman deities, Sophitia Alexandra, Diana of Themyscira/Wonder Woman (her half-sister), Annabeth Chase (her daughter).
- Famous Descendants: Saori Kido, Athena Asamiya.
- Enemies: Arachne, Medusa, Kratos (her half-brother).
- Legends has it that Athena came into existence when she bursted out of Zeus' head, complete with already adult body and a mature mind to boot. Don't think about how she felt when in Zeus' body or how much migraine Zeus got for that, though he said it's worth it. Athena is his favorite child, and in turn, she is very loyal to him.
- That fact and how she turned out was to be why she's to be ascended, but she's pulled in earlier than expected, falling into a trap sprung by both Arachne and Medusa as their revenge for turning them into monsters. Thankfully, she was saved by... the Saints and Aigis. With that, her official ascension came smoothly.
- Apparently the two monsters were mad because Athena turned them that way. Athena's response is that, for Arachne, one shouldn't get carried over with their own hubris and pride (and making weavings about Zeus having a sexy time isn't a good idea), as of Medusa... because she broke the vow of virginity for Athena, punishment needs to be administered. Of course, with this, Athena promised to up this towards Poseidon, the culprit of this. Maybe he's still salty about how she got a city named after her instead of him....
- Don't ask why she's occasionally sporting Russian (or recently FRENCH) accent. It's totally Greek, seriously!
- Pit seems to think that she's like an incarnation of Palutena, only to be corrected that if anything, Athena came first.
- A few days after her ascension, there was a mighty scream of AAAATHENAAAAAA!!!! courtesy of Kratos, who starts wrecking her home. Athena managed to stave him off and then was told that in his verse, she was infected by Pandora's Box, the element Greed, and became a Manipulative Bitch. She's then told to check up if that element still lingers on her, and she did. The result so far was that due to the bonds she made with others, it was cleansed. Athena herself was flabbergasted as how she could sink that low and promised that she'll do her best to not get to that level again.
- Even then, Athena would still be wary of Kratos afterwards. Not only about what he did to Zeus, she finds Kratos' rage completely dangerous to every beings.
- As noted with the 'Famous Descendants' sections, one of Athena's descendants earned her the Undying Loyalty of the Saints. Though she would Face Palm when noted that back in her youth, Saori Kido used to be such a bratty bitch. "It's because I missed my child age that I did not know if I would do that in 'youth', yes?"
- While her daughter, Annabeth, is able to take care of herself, Athena would release Tarturus itself if any harm ever comes to her.
- There was apparently a lost tale where for some reason, Athena herself was kidnapped by a lesser deity known as 'Neff' in spite her prowess at strategic warfare that it took Zeus telling some centurions with shapeshifting powers these words: "WISE FWOM YOUW GWAVE", then travel to Tartarus to rescue her. Some say it's just a film made by some mortals, but most likely they did so because if someone implies it to be the truth, that someone doesn't want Athena to turn them into the next Arachne or Medusa.
- Or is it...? There are also some tales that once she regenerated her power, Athena hunted down Neff herself and completely wrecked him off herself without those centurions' help, with statements that flukes don't happen twice, especially against one well-versed in the strategies of war.
Jean Grey-Summers, Goddess of Comicbook Death (Phoenix, Jeannie, Marvel Girl, Black Queen.)
- Greater Goddess
- Theme Music: Her MVC3 theme
- Symbol: A feminine silhouette raising her hands to the sky in a stylized yellow bird of prey.
- Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Evil as Dark Phoenix
- Portfolio: Leadership, Psychic Powers, Apocalypse Maiden, Rising From The Ashes, But Only Once, Blessed with Suck, Playing with Fire, Beware the Nice Ones, DARK PHOENIX RISES!!! Team Mom
- Domain: Fire, Limbo, Renewal
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Emma Frost , Steve Rogers/Captain America, Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Odd Relationship: Dante Sparda, James Howlett/Wolverine
- Enemies: Doctor Doom, M. Bison, Albert Wesker, Cain Marko/Juggernaut, Vergil Sparda, Thanos, Sentinel, En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse, Ermac.
- After witnessing a friendly sparring match between Phoenix Ikki and Alucard (ended in a draw, both fighters claiming it was fun. Event was also known as the Big Bang) Jean has become completely paranoid that one of them will take the position away from her. In fear, she has barricaded herself inside her temple and hasn't been seen since. This prevented her from doing her godly duties. The council of greater gods is reviewing the situation.
- Was described to be unstable before with frequent mood (and lover) swings. Some say it was her time of the month, others that she's schizo.
- Gone missing recently. Alucard is the main suspect. Alucard could not be reached for a comment. His assistant informed us that her master is "enjoying a restful night with a warm drink".
- The Marvel Gods concluded that Jean must be in one of those "cycles" that comes as part of her being merged with the Phoenix Force cosmic entity. The phoenix force perpetually recreates itself, granting great power to its users while also scouring planets so that new life may arise.
- HOWEVER, during a recent confrontation over whether the force could be used for good, Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers dispersed the Force with Chaos Magic, causing it to disappear from all known locations within the present pantheon. With this occurrence, Johnson declared that Jean Grey, being trapped within the force, was In Practice physically incapable of being the Goddess of Life & Rebirth. Therefore he gave Ikki a more permanent title of God Regent. Unfortunately, Phoenix Wright was defending that day, and using the Comic Book defense (nobody stays dead in comics), kept Jean a position as Goddess in exile, but who could return to reclaim the title whenever they're ready to use her character again.
- Recent arrivals into the pantheon have created worried among several gods who felt it was time for Jean to return to her temple. Some felt this was a bad decision while others were hoping she could return.
- Jean took part in the crisis crossover with the Capcom universe. While in the end they defeated Galactus The Phoenix entity decided to create some chaos becoming a new threat for the heroes of both worlds.
- She gets along well with Mary Jane Watson. Both seem to love the style of their hair and both seem to be annoyed by a man named Joe.
- Certain fans were curious about her thoughts on the couple she helped created in a way in Emma and Scott. While she is not a fan or Emma or Scott's recent actions she knows love is something that's special. She might want things to be different, but in the end their love for each other is something she can't ruin for her selfish desires. They also might along on certain occasion, but also can get into arguments with each other shortly afterwards.
- During her travels in the pantheon she came across the Female Commander Shepard. They began to speak, and they both noticed they had the same kind of voice.
- Jean Grey knows she's lives many lives, and like the phoenix she returns from the ash.
We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living.
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless, Anthropomorphic Personification of DeathOh, and for everyone's information, the Patron Saint of Ineffectual Death Threats is over by the House of Calmness. Best not to bother looking for him here...
- Overdeity (The Anthropomorphic Personification of Death)
- Symbol: A silver ankh.
- Alignment: True Neutral due to her duties, but leans toward Neutral Good.
- Portfolio: Death (obviously), Perky Goths, Personifications of Death, Complete Immortality, Beware the Nice Ones, Nice Anthropomorphic Personification, Don't Fear the Reaper, All of the Death Tropes.
- Domain: Darkness, Death, Life, Love.
- Allies: The rest of the Endless.
- Enemies: While many oppose her, they are all onesided.
- Odd Relationship With: Thanos, who is in love with her. While she is flattered by this, she treats him with as much affection as she does everyone else.
- Has a friendship with the Death of the Discworld; he has offered to "lend" her his assistance as the Reaper, along with his assistants, allowing her to take more time off of work than one day a century, which she is grateful for.
- Also gets along with Death the Horseman, though he is puzzled by her interest in humanity.
- She has an entire army of lesser Grim Reapers, including Death, The Black Racer, George Lass, The Undertaker, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Psychopomp style Shinigami, Steve, Gregg, and of course many, many little Deaths. Recently, following Ezio's ascension in place of Altair, she has made him one as well.
- Is assisting Robin in finding a way to kill Grima off for good
- Will sometimes take members of the Pantheon to the Sunless Lands to say goodbye to those that they have loved, and were unable to make their peace with before their passing.
- Nekron is plotting to overthrow her and steal her position. Thanos has sworn to destroy Nekron after discovering this plan; while she thanks him for the thought, she's not that concerned about Nekron.
- Has been asked by Finn and Jake to aid them in killing the Lich and making him stay dead. She has agreed to aid them, on the condition that he must be destroyed/killed again first.