open/close all folders
The Overseers of Life and Death
Athena, Goddess of Those Born as Adults (Minerva, Goddess of Wisdom, Goddess of War, Pallas Athena)
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: A golden lance next to the Aegis Shield.
- Alignment: Lawful Good at her best and Lawful Neutral at her worst
- Portfolio: Skipping Baby and Child Forms, Strategic Warfare Deities, Wise Badasses, Virginity Taken With Extremity, The Aegis Shield, Daddy's Girls.
- Domains: Birth, Wisdom, War
- Allies: Zeus (her father), All Saints of Athena (Ascended: Phoenix Ikki, Pegasus Seiya, Cygnus Hyoga, Andromeda Shun), Pit, Aigis, several other Olympian/Roman deities, Sophitia Alexandra, Diana of Themyscira/Wonder Woman (her half-sister), Annabeth Chase (her daughter).
- Famous Descendants: Saori Kido, Athena Asamiya.
- Enemies: Arachne, Medusa, Kratos (her half-brother).
- Legends has it that Athena came into existence when she bursted out of Zeus' head, complete with already adult body and a mature mind to boot. Don't think about how she felt when in Zeus' body or how much migraine Zeus got for that, though he said it's worth it. Athena is his favorite child, and in turn, she is very loyal to him.
- That fact and how she turned out was to be why she's to be ascended, but she's pulled in earlier than expected, falling into a trap sprung by both Arachne and Medusa as their revenge for turning them into monsters. Thankfully, she was saved by... the Saints and Aigis. With that, her official ascension came smoothly.
- Apparently the two monsters were mad because Athena turned them that way. Athena's response is that, for Arachne, one shouldn't get carried over with their own hubris and pride (and making weavings about Zeus having a sexy time isn't a good idea), as of Medusa... because she broke the vow of virginity for Athena, punishment needs to be administered. Of course, with this, Athena promised to up this towards Poseidon, the culprit of this. Maybe he's still salty about how she got a city named after her instead of him....
- Don't ask why she's occasionally sporting Russian (or recently FRENCH) accent. It's totally Greek, seriously!
- Pit seems to think that she's like an incarnation of Palutena, only to be corrected that if anything, Athena came first.
- A few days after her ascension, there was a mighty scream of AAAATHENAAAAAA!!!! courtesy of Kratos, who starts wrecking her home. Athena managed to stave him off and then was told that in his verse, she was infected by Pandora's Box, the element Greed, and became a Manipulative Bitch. She's then told to check up if that element still lingers on her, and she did. The result so far was that due to the bonds she made with others, it was cleansed. Athena herself was flabbergasted as how she could sink that low and promised that she'll do her best to not get to that level again.
- Even then, Athena would still be wary of Kratos afterwards. Not only about what he did to Zeus, she finds Kratos' rage completely dangerous to every beings.
- As noted with the 'Famous Descendants' sections, one of Athena's descendants earned her the Undying Loyalty of the Saints. Though she would Face Palm when noted that back in her youth, Saori Kido used to be such a bratty bitch. "It's because I missed my child age that I did not know if I would do that in 'youth', yes?"
- While her daughter, Annabeth, is able to take care of herself, Athena would release Tarturus itself if any harm ever comes to her.
- There was apparently a lost tale where for some reason, Athena herself was kidnapped by a lesser deity known as 'Neff' in spite her prowess at strategic warfare that it took Zeus telling some centurions with shapeshifting powers these words: "WISE FWOM YOUW GWAVE", then travel to Tartarus to rescue her. Some say it's just a film made by some mortals, but most likely they did so because if someone implies it to be the truth, that someone doesn't want Athena to turn them into the next Arachne or Medusa.
- Or is it...? There are also some tales that once she regenerated her power, Athena hunted down Neff herself and completely wrecked him off herself without those centurions' help, with statements that flukes don't happen twice, especially against one well-versed in the strategies of war.
Jean Grey-Summers, Goddess of Comicbook Death (Phoenix, Jeannie, Marvel Girl, Black Queen.)
- Greater Goddess
- Theme Music: Her MVC3 theme
- Symbol: A feminine silhouette raising her hands to the sky in a stylized yellow bird of prey.
- Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Evil as Dark Phoenix
- Portfolio: Leadership, Psychic Powers, Apocalypse Maiden, Rising From The Ashes, But Only Once, Blessed with Suck, Playing with Fire, Beware the Nice Ones, DARK PHOENIX RISES!!! Team Mom
- Domain: Fire, Limbo, Renewal
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Emma Frost , Steve Rogers/Captain America, Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Odd Relationship: Dante Sparda, James Howlett/Wolverine
- Enemies: Doctor Doom, M. Bison, Albert Wesker, Cain Marko/Juggernaut, Vergil Sparda, Thanos, Sentinel, En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse, Ermac.
- After witnessing a friendly sparring match between Phoenix Ikki and Alucard (ended in a draw, both fighters claiming it was fun. Event was also known as the Big Bang) Jean has become completely paranoid that one of them will take the position away from her. In fear, she has barricaded herself inside her temple and hasn't been seen since. This prevented her from doing her godly duties. The council of greater gods is reviewing the situation.
- Was described to be unstable before with frequent mood (and lover) swings. Some say it was her time of the month, others that she's schizo.
- Gone missing recently. Alucard is the main suspect. Alucard could not be reached for a comment. His assistant informed us that her master is "enjoying a restful night with a warm drink".
- The Marvel Gods concluded that Jean must be in one of those "cycles" that comes as part of her being merged with the Phoenix Force cosmic entity. The phoenix force perpetually recreates itself, granting great power to its users while also scouring planets so that new life may arise.
- HOWEVER, during a recent confrontation over whether the force could be used for good, Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers dispersed the Force with Chaos Magic, causing it to disappear from all known locations within the present pantheon. With this occurrence, Johnson declared that Jean Grey, being trapped within the force, was In Practice physically incapable of being the Goddess of Life & Rebirth. Therefore he gave Ikki a more permanent title of God Regent. Unfortunately, Phoenix Wright was defending that day, and using the Comic Book defense (nobody stays dead in comics), kept Jean a position as Goddess in exile, but who could return to reclaim the title whenever they're ready to use her character again.
- Recent arrivals into the pantheon have created worried among several gods who felt it was time for Jean to return to her temple. Some felt this was a bad decision while others were hoping she could return.
- Jean took part in the crisis crossover with the Capcom universe. While in the end they defeated Galactus The Phoenix entity decided to create some chaos becoming a new threat for the heroes of both worlds.
- She gets along well with Mary Jane Watson. Both seem to love the style of their hair and both seem to be annoyed by a man named Joe.
- Certain fans were curious about her thoughts on the couple she helped created in a way in Emma and Scott. While she is not a fan or Emma or Scott's recent actions she knows love is something that's special. She might want things to be different, but in the end their love for each other is something she can't ruin for her selfish desires. They also might along on certain occasion, but also can get into arguments with each other shortly afterwards.
- During her travels in the pantheon she came across the Female Commander Shepard. They began to speak, and they both noticed they had the same kind of voice.
- Jean Grey knows she's lives many lives, and like the phoenix she returns from the ash.
We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living.
Kane (Command and Conquer)
Kane, God of Contractual Immortality (The Prophet, Cain, The Granddaddy Of Them All)
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Flag of Nod: chamfered triangle enclosing a curved, left-facing scorpion tail; main color elements, red and black.
- Alignment: Ambiguous Evil
- Portofolio: Big Bad of the entire series, Ascension, Bald of Evil, Beard of Evil, Contractual Immortality, Dark Messiah, Magnificent Bastards, interrupting broadcasts, "second close" to God, A mix of both anti-hero and villain, Thinks he's Cain, Never dies, Visionary Villain, Loved by his forces
- Domains: Cults, Tiberium, Charisma, Immortality
- Heralds: The Brotherhood of Nod
- Allies: Yuri, Revolver Ocelot, Nikita Dragovich, Colonel Mael Radec, Raul Menendez
- Rivals: Red Skull
- Enemies: Tanya, HAL 9000, The God Emperor of Mankind, Captain America, Good-aligned members of the House of Leadership
- Opposed by: Martian Manhunter, Dhuum
- There are many questions regarding this enigmatic leader of Nod: who is he and what is his objective.
- Some speculate that Kane is literally The Cain, given the seemingly intended nod to the Bible like the Brotherhood itself and several codenames of weapons and operations. There was also Nick "Havoc" Parker discovering what seems to be the tomb of Abel covered in Tiberium.
- It is believed that Kane is immortal as apparently, he was seen in the Soviet Union aiding Stalin in the invasion of Europe before disappearing when the Allies claim victory. From the visual between the two from then and today, they still look alike.
- It seems that his true objective was luring the Scrin to create the Threshold so that he could accomplish "Ascension."
- There has been many times that Kane was supposedly killed, but it seems as though that Kane is immortal. First, he survived the Ion Cannon blast in the Temple of Nod, then get shot and stabbed by Michael McNeil, and survived not only the Ion Cannon again, but also an Liquid Tiberium Bomb explosion in Temple Prime in Sarejevo, yet he still lives.
"Of course, Troper. You can't kill the Messiah"
- ***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
- Due to this feat of Joker Immunity, Dhuum has gotten immense hatred towards him, and is planning at some point to strike him down, permanently.
- He and Yuri manage to form an alliance despite being in a different timeline and different motives. Though it was believed that Yuri used to be one of his disciples but there hasn't been any confirmation.
- Due to one of his AI, CABAL, betraying him while he was gone, he found the AI to be disappointing in the end. So even he cannot stand AI who would betray their human masters. Though he created a new AI, Legion, which showed more efficiency and obedience than the last, though he will be a bit wary of rogue AI if they go against his goals.
- This is why he hates HAL 9000 with no remorse, seeing him as worse as CABAL. The only thing not letting him engaging HAL is because of the AI's full control of the Pantheon's systems. Kane has yet to find an antithesis for this.
- Despite being powerful, evil forces, Red Skull refuses to outright ally with him, due to huge suspicions about HYDRA being aborbed by Nod into a mere asset. Due to this, he holds no simple regard for him. Even worse due to having new telepathic powers, something that might be rivaled with.
- Captain America on the other hand hates him, due to being destructive as HYDRA. Not to mention, the number of victories Kane has reaped for each war he has even been in.
- The God of Telepathy himself, The Martian Manhunter doesn't take his feats lightly, and sees him no better than the villains he stood up against. His telepathic powers he acquired during "Ascension" only made things worse.
- Being one of the most respected (evil) leaders of video game history, this has given him a great advantage to most villainous gods, as his presence can strike down even the most heroic gods into full submission to the Brotherhood of Nod. The GUAE has used this to his advantage, bringing in a new age of evil tactics that can rival the GUAG's own strategists.
- Another feat he has that most villains don't have is his charisma, using his wits to convince many to ally with him for as long as he wants. Thanks to this, he had recruited a lot of villains with him.
- For instance, his charisma attracted the likes of Revolver Ocelot, another known Manipulative Bastard in Pantheon proper. He took notice of Revolver Ocelot's gambits and found him to be "second close" to him in terms of Magnificent Bastard. However, he decided to relinquish the title to him. Thanks to the recent knowledge with the likes of Big Boss, Skull Face and Solid Snake, this has given him an upper hand, except for the fact that Ocelot is actually using Kane as a sufficient way of finding Nod's assets.
- He also found another ally named Dragovich, due to his previous Soviet connection. With a brute like him, he found a reliable ally to do his dirty work, in fact, he might consider reserving a spot for the Black Hand.
- Has found impressive assistance in the form of Colonel Radec, who sees him as a substitute for Scholar Visari.
- Amongst all the people who allied with him, Raul Menendez seems to be his most advocate ally. As someone who not only has a charismatic personality, he gained a formidable army and almost suceeded with it. This, along with his intelligent endeavour, allowed him and Raul to form an alliance with Cordis Die and The Brotherhood of Nod. BE VERY AFRAID
- Even G-man respects Kane, for his tactics are devious and incredible. Both have agreed not to tangle with each-others plans for fear of a multiverse-breaking Gambit Pileup. However, G-man still hasn't let Kane forget getting blasted by GDI's Ion Cannon.
- Tanya heard rumors about the mysterious adviser of Josef Stalin during World War II. If he is that adviser, then she would certainly make him pay for his involvement in the war as well as another timeline's war.
- His involvement as one of the masterminds of "The Pantheonic Rebellion" is a combination of Even Evil Has Standards and respect for what Madoka represents despite his opposistion. He has ordered the Brotherhood of Nod to deploy to the "Fog of War" campaign front.
- Thanks to having a text-to-speech device, The God-Emperor of Mankind has only one thing to say:
- Is not to be confused with the wrestler known as Kane or the hideous clown known as Needles Kane either.
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless, Anthropomorphic Personification of DeathOh, and for everyone's information, the Patron Saint of Ineffectual Death Threats is over by the House of Calmness. Best not to bother looking for him here...
- Overdeity (The Anthropomorphic Personification of Death)
- Symbol: A silver ankh.
- Alignment: True Neutral due to her duties, but leans toward Neutral Good.
- Portfolio: Death (obviously), Perky Goths, Personifications of Death, Complete Immortality, Beware the Nice Ones, Nice Anthropomorphic Personification, Don't Fear the Reaper, All of the Death Tropes.
- Domain: Darkness, Death, Life, Love.
- Allies: The rest of the Endless.
- Enemies: While many oppose her, they are all onesided.
- Odd Relationship With: Thanos, who is in love with her. While she is flattered by this, she treats him with as much affection as she does everyone else.
- Has a friendship with the Death of the Discworld; he has offered to "lend" her his assistance as the Reaper, along with his assistants, allowing her to take more time off of work than one day a century, which she is grateful for.
- Also gets along with Death the Horseman, though he is puzzled by her interest in humanity.
- She has an entire army of lesser Grim Reapers, including Death, The Black Racer, George Lass, The Undertaker, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Psychopomp style Shinigami, Steve, Gregg, and of course many, many little Deaths. Recently, following Ezio's ascension in place of Altair, she has made him one as well.
- Is assisting Robin in finding a way to kill Grima off for good
- Will sometimes take members of the Pantheon to the Sunless Lands to say goodbye to those that they have loved, and were unable to make their peace with before their passing.
- Nekron is plotting to overthrow her and steal her position. Thanos has sworn to destroy Nekron after discovering this plan; while she thanks him for the thought, she's not that concerned about Nekron.
- Has been asked by Finn and Jake to aid them in killing the Lich and making him stay dead. She has agreed to aid them, on the condition that he must be destroyed/killed again first.