Pantheon: Food Overdeities And Greater Gods
open/close all folders
Beerus, God of Pudding
(God of Destruction Bills, Birusu, Bils, Beers, Birusu, Birus
- Symbol: An Oracle Fish.
- Theme Songs: Bills Wrath, Bill’s Overwhelming Power & The Invulnerable Bills
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Affably Evil, Adorkable, Ambiguously Evil, Anti-Villain, BEING A BADASS, Balance Between Good and Evil, Beware the Nice Ones, Big Eater, Blood Knight, Blue and Orange Morality, Bunny-Ears Lawyer, Canon Immigrant, The Dreaded, Disproportionate Retribution, Fingerpoke Of Doom, Fun Personified, God of Evil, Hot-Blooded, Invincible Villain, Lean and Mean, Not So Different, Physical God, Psychopathic Manchildren, Punch Clock Villain, Punny Name, Purple Is Powerful, Sore Loser, Willfully Weak, Would Hit a Girl.
- Domains: Destruction, Balance, Neutral, Chaos.
- Followers: EVERY Non-Ascended God related to destruction and chaos.
- Friendly Rivalry with Goku and Aila Jyrkiäinen
- Allies: Whis, Kaname Madoka: Goddess of Hope, Kyouko Sakura (Friendly Rivalry over Dance Dance Revolution), Mickey Mouse
- Enemies: EVERY God related to creation, with the notable exception of Madoka, listed above. Vegeta, Kyubey, YHVH, Vanitas
- The real reason that The Saiyain race was exterminated? King Vegeta did not give Beerus a sumptuous enough banquet, even when King Vegeta let him use his head as stepping stone while he was eating, so he ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta because he couldn't be bothered to do it himself. Damn.
- Ever wonder why Lord King Kai lives on such a small planet? Beerus and King Kai played a car racing video game together and Beerus lost, and being the sort of person he is, he destroyed the planet in fit of rage at losing. King Kai then took a large leftover fragment, whittled it down to a sphere, and built a road on it so that he could have fun driving there. This became King Kai's current planet. Beerus has since been advised by many to NEVER play Call of Duty.
- The Joker is very fond of Beerus due to his compulsively destructive behaviour. However, Beerus is not too fond of The Joker because he doesn't think clowns are funny.
- There are twelve universes each of which have a God of Destruction, Beerus attendant Whis oversees and trains the successive Gods of Destruction of the Seventh Universe, and he asks Goku if he would like to be the next God of Destruction after Beerus dies, but Goku turned him down.
- Beerus is very confused as to why he has been considered him evil by others in the House when it is his job, and on top of that an important one, to destroy planets, as it maintains balance and equilibrium in the universe because new planets will just be created, by the Gods/Goddess’ Of Creation, as replacement for the planets that are destroyed.
- Once you get to know him, Beerus is a polite, friendly and likable Man Child who can quickly become friends with you, and acts like the lazy, affectionate, fun loving overgrown cat that readily joins in the food, song, laughter and dance (yes, he lets loose some truly funky breakdance moves) instead of the God that he should be.
- As a matter of fact, much to the shock of the rest of The Pantheon, he gets along famously with the kind-hearted Kaname Madoka herself. Madoka's Herculean feat of not only destroying an entire universe wracked by grief and despair, but rebuilding a kinder and gentler place over it quite certifiably earned Beerus' respect; Not to mention the fact that he really enjoys the affectionate chin-scratches that Madoka readily gives him and the delicious Afternoon-Tea Parties her mentor Tomoe Mami holds every Thursday Afternoon.
- At one particular Tea Party, he has struck off a Friendly Rivalry with Kyouko Sakura, who swears will not stop practicing until she can beat his funky breakdance-moves in Dance Dance Revolution.
- Be careful around this friendly, polite and fun-loving Deity. Like all cats, Beerus is prone to mercurial temperaments and violent mood-swings that can be set off by the most petty of reasons; do remember he is the same God who used King Vegeta's head as a footstool in front of his own son Prince Vegeta while making him treat him to an Eight-Course Banquet, and that was when he was in a good mood...
- He is so immature he needs Whis as constant to remind him about waking up in the morning, good manners and brushing his teeth before going to sleep.
- Every other God in the Dragon Ball universe fears him. Even Shenron fears Beerus.
- Beerus is no longer invited to dinner parties with other Gods in the house due to creating a ruckus at last party he was invited to due to no pudding being available.
- Beerus absolutely detests the little bitch known as Kyubey. Not only does it insist on preserving a universe of sadness by destroying hope and creating despair; but more importantly, it made his beloved friend Madoka cry. To his frustartion, no matter how many of the little fuckers he vaporizes, there will ALWAYS be more of them.
- His anger towards Kyubey pales in comparison to his fury towards YHVH and is plot to kill Madoka. This plot triggered his involvement in The Pantheonic Rebellion.
- His fury towards Vanitas on learning of his plot to Join with Madoka to forge the X-Blade, possibly causing a universal apocalypse, was so great, that Whis had to calm him down. Even though Madoka isn't Vanitas's true target..
- His power surpasses the likes of Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu. He usually uses his power to destroy planets, and he is strong enough to destroy the Earth's Solar System or even the entire galaxy. It's even being speculated that Beerus is the strongest being in the history of the Dragon Ball Universe. However, this is disproved when Beerus reveals that his martial arts master, Whis, is greatly stronger than him.
- Asura's expressed interest in challenging Whis. The entire pantheon is terrified of the collateral damage such a battle would cause.
- His reputation has become more feared (among those who are aligned with Good) and admired (among those are aligned with Evil and Chaos) when it was revealed that Beerus sealed one of the Supreme Kais (who are essentially Gods of the Dragon Ball universe) in a sword after the Supreme Kais and the Gods of Destruction got into an argument over some trifling thing. Beerus viewed sealing one of the Supreme Kai's in a sword as an "appropriate" form of retribution as supposed to destroying the Sacred World of the Kais, which he originally thought of doing.
- This revelation has also frightened many within in the House of Magic as this feat makes it seem as though he could also be a extremely powerful wizard or magician of some sort if he was able to perform a sealing spell on a God so effortlessly and efficiently.
- Beerus is absolutely HATED by many in the House of Beasts after they found out he wiped out the fucking dinosaurs because one of them acted rude to him during one of his trips to Earth millions of years ago.
- Because he is capricious, he destroys even important planets without a second thought.
- When he finds it bothersome, he lets someone else act as an agent of destruction.
- The Joker has constantly voiced himself for nomination of this position as he has stated several times that he is an agent of chaos.
- Alexstrezia has also applied for the posistion as well. Her argument being that she can do the job best if "a scalpel" approach is more effective than "a sledgehammer" approach. That and the breath of her flight also being capable of enhancing renewal being efficient.
- While he is awake, tense days for the Supreme Kai's continue, as not even they knows how many planets will be sacrificed.
- Wonder why he and Deadpool don't hang out? EVERYONE has had to bar him away from the god. Just IMAGINE what would happen if the merc got on his nerves? It certainly wouldn't be hard to do.
- He doesn't know what to think of the Furry Fandom. He either likes it or hates it, given the circumstances. If you want to please him, show him 'Dreamkeepers'. If you want to anger him, just show him Rule 34 artwork of him. BAD artwork, mind you.
- This can be up for debate, but at one point, he tried to hit on Nicole Watterson during a trip to her world. Needless to say, it didn't work and the only reason that world is still alive is that Nicole proved to be a worthy opponent. That, and Whis put the god in his place. He still managed to have a good game with Gumball and Darwin.
- He doesn't hate Mary Sues as he is actually jealous of them. They always get what they want in their canons. He tends to act calmer around them, knowing full well they just spit out hot air. Despite his jealously, he's fully aware on what it means to be despised like THAT.
Famine the Horseman
Famine the Horseman
- Greater God (The Anthropomorphic Personification of Hunger)
- Symbol: A set of Scales
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolios: makes others hungry for whatever their weakness may be, Cool Car, Once they have the craving they will keep trying to get it, In a wheelchair, uses the demons under his orders as sacrifice or as lunch, Believes souls are delicious
- Domains: Famine, Fundamental Force of the Universe
- Allies: Death The Horseman, War the Horseman, Pestilence The Horseman
- Enemies: Sam Winchester, Lucifer, Artix von Krieger, Flynn
- Rode into The Pantheon in a black Cadillac Escalade, his influence quickly beginning to make everyone rabid for their cravings. Because everyone in the Pantheon is stronger then humans on Earth they can resist it, but the closer Famine is to the others the worse the cravings get. If some are not careful they can essentially gorge themselves on their vices until they die. Dean Winchester is usually brought in to deal with Famine if it becomes too much as he is immune to Famine's powers
- Constantly states himself to be hungry. Much to the horrors of other good aligned people of the house his food source is souls (any type will do fine).
- One time was able to devour the soul of a dragon before The Dragonborn could. He finds them to be absolute fulfilling...though a tad spicy.
- Took to using Grief Seeds and Soul Gems as impromptu jawbreakers; he claims they taste just as sweet, though Grief Seeds are a bit bitter. Madoka Kaname gave him his one and only warning to knock it off. Famine refused with a smirk; he regretted it almost instantly as Madoka glared at him, and the Soul Gem burned white-hot in his mouth.
- Though he has discovered a collection of Spirits Shards from Sun Li and has used them as replacement, enjoys the suffering that goes with these shards as it tastes bittersweet.
- Has also worked with Shang Tsung and Hades (God of War) and tried a few of the souls of those dimensions; they taste the same as the souls of his dimension, though MK souls do have a dark magic aftertaste.
- Has tried Mantra, claiming it to be similar to a fine wine, though to get more of it he would have to go after Mithra and even he is smart enough to never try that.
- Is thinking about eating M.Bison's Soul to see what Psycho Power would do to the taste.
- Though not exactly the same thing, he is interested in eating the energies of the Allspark to see if it would be fulfilling in any way and to try out the taste.
- Also helps Quan Chi try to make new Soulnados to try and gain enough power to ride on his own.
- He is often seen discussing things with his brothers about the Pantheon and he has found out about many things and decided that the souls of others beings in this world could be delicious. He respects Lucifer and find him much more interesting then his own universe's insipid boy but finds his views on humanity very strange as to him humans have tendencies for always wanting more than what they can handle, whether it could be food, attention, drugs, money, sex, alcohol, or whatever their personal vice is.
- Besides his brothers he does not care for anything else seeing them as a food source and nothing more.
- With agricultural improvements he has weakened considerably which is why after making people ravenous until they die he has a group of demons collect their souls so that they can bring it back to him for dinner, it is usually contained in a briefcase.
- Is often shown as a frail old man in a wheel chair but others realize that should not fool them as he is capable of removing the souls of demons straight out of their possessed bodies to feed on them and he often implies that when he is able to fully ride on his own he can do so much more
- He is often shows that he is capable of reading the soul of a person by touching them and know what state it is in (For example Dean's soul is empty which is why his powers don't work on Dean as there is no way to fill the hole in his soul no matter what Dean does).
- Despite his power, Famine is not unstoppable. His immunity to demonic magic can be bypassed by targeting the souls he swallows: he found this out the hard way when Sam Winchester nuked him from the inside out, and again when Madoka made a Soul Gem he was casually sucking on burn white-hot as stated above.
- Once met up with Artix, God of Paladins and began craving all of the soul orbs Artix had on him. Artix was horrified by how Famine ate the souls and charged into battle...and was eaten by him. That was Artix's plan as he unleashed his ultimate attack: The Ultimate Dragon Soul Spear of Ten Million Soul Orbs from inside Famine and Famine exploded. It took him weeks to recover and he has since backed off from the Paladin.
- Flynn takes...serious issue with Famine. It began when the Black Rider, Famine's equivalent among the Fiends, decided to start off their battle with FIVE WASTREL BEAMS, reducing Flynn's money by roughly 95%. The Samurai was about as far from 'happy' as one could possibly be: upon meeting Famine, Flynn threw down his weapons and attempted to beat the Horseman to death with his bare hands. He failed when War and Pestilence intervened: he succeeded in mugging them and held them both off at once before Death stopped the fight entirely, but by that time Famine had escaped in the confusion. Famine makes it a point to be as far away as possible whenever Flynn is in the vicinity. He later had to purchase his ring and wheelchair back from Recette's shop, much to his chagrin, and has given up entirely on recovering the cash he lost in the scuffle.
- Though he is happy that Flynn proves his views on Humanity and that they are always hungry for having more then what they actually need.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Dr. Hannibal Lecter, God of Cannibals, Ruining interrogations and Serial Killers
(Hannibal the Cannibal, Dr. Fell, Mr. Cloister)
- Greater God
- Symbol: A straitjacket and a restraint mask
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Turning the Tables on Interrogators, Wicked Cultured, Faux Affably Evil, The Sociopath
- Domains: Brain, Heart, Lungs, Liver, Sweetbreads, Chianti
- Followers: The Soylent Corporation, Mrs. Lovett, Aptom
- Enemies: Clarice Starling, Will Graham, Robert Thorn, Overlord Zenon. Unfortunately due to his title, Dr. Lecter has a tendency to attract members of PETA; unfortunate for them.
- Allies: has earned an applause from Hexxus.
- Keeps a well-stocked wine cellar.
- His dethroning of Painis Cupcake caused pantheon access to Painis Cupcake videos to disappear, and thus removing the God of All Overlord's favorite source of lulz. As a result, Mr. Lecter is now on top of Overlord Zenon's kill list. She plans on making him the star of her next "dinner for one".
- Is also in House of Mentalism as the God of Ruining interrogations and House of Crime as the God of Serial Killers.
Pac-Man, God of Gluttony
(Yellow Fella, Most Recognized Gaming Icon in History, Zac
- Greater God
- Theme Song: Pac-Man (Namco Museum Vol.1), Pac-Man Park & Block Plaza
- Symbol: Cherries, strawberries, oranges, apples, pretzels
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Big Eaters, Granddaddies Of Video Gaming, Hollywood "Just Not Getting Him".
- Domains: Fun, Arcade Games, Eating
- Followers: The King of Town, Master Higgins, "Tom-Tom", Mappy, Galaga, Dig Dug, Pitfall Harry, Centipede, dozens of Expies
- Allies: Yoshi, King Dedede, Aila Jyrkiäinen, Fix-It-Felix Jr., Mario, Sonic, Mr. Game & Watch
- Rivals: Kirby, Garfield
- High Priest: Jr. Pac-Man/Pacster/Pac-Man II (His son).
- Pac-Man brought his whole family to the heavens one day, but they decided to go back down to Earth when nobody recognized them.
- Though predated by Game & Watch by a few months, Pac-Man was the world's first actual character in videogames, as the collective of Game & Watch would not spawn a representative among the nameless figures until some time later. A pioneer in an uncharted land, Pac-Man broke the barrier of objects and vehicles being the only player representative in games, giving the players at last a true ally in their quest for the highest scores.
- After the notion of creating a "continuity" for Pac-Man was abandoned, the yellow fella found himself transcending all manners of boundaries — without any sort of ties or anchors to keep him in place, his presence and power snowballed to a degree the likes of which never seen before or since. The act of joining the Mario Kart events was something he was able to do on a whim, and finding his way into the world where the artifact Pandora was being fought for was no trying feat.
- Thirty years under his belt, Pac-Man finally decided it was time to pass the torch to a new generation. Giving Namco consent to give him a "reincarnation" in a younger and more modern Pac-Man (who turns out to be his son, an all grown up Jr. Pac-Man), the legend respectfully allowed himself to somwhat retire, going out on top as one of the most important figures in gaming history.
- Following his contacting by old friend and "student" Mario, Pac-Man consented to join the great gathering of Super Smash Bros. for their fourth tournament. It was only shortly thereafter that he became aware of the Pantheon's presence at all and, as he's oft to do, strolled right on in. His legacy was quickly acknowledged and, well aware of the kind of power held behind that deceptively lighthearted package, nobody was exactly keen on the notion of telling him "no".
- Pac-Man, while respected for his significance in history, is also regarded by some of the higher-ups in the justice-oriented Houses as a secret weapon. With his ability to consume quite literally anything, it is kept in mind that this frightening hunger could be unleashed on any rogue member of the pantheon, no matter how great or terrible. Thankfully, Pac-Man's neutrality isn't absolute, and he recognizes that going on a hunger spree amongst the gods would be wrong.
- It has been seen that Pac-Man actually appears distressed or aggravated when in the presence of Missingno, the renown glitched abomination. While the young/modern members of the House can't figure out why, Game & Watch and the House Legends are well aware that Pac-Man's almost instinctive exception to the glitch harkens back to the "Progenitor Glitch", Level 256 that halted his stride years before...
- Made the mistake of taking Light Yagami's favorite bag of potato chips...and EATING them without adding the extra "awesome".
- He and Kirby spend the majority of their time gorging in the dining hall, cleaning up after legendary food fights or eating everyone's leftovers, usually leaving (or in Kirby's case, spitting out) the plates to be washed. There is no waste in this House.
- Has currently built a miniature robot that looks similar to Mokujin, meant for beating the life out of anyone who gets in his way of an all-you-can-eat buffet. Has also used the mech to hunt down an overweight man who has suffered a mid-life crisis and believes he is Mega Man.
- Is currently the only being to consume Mystery Food X, an indescribably-horrid dish created by Yukiko Amagi and her allies Chie Satonaka and Rise Kujikawa, without any side effects. Despite which, Pac-Man would still prefer his good ol' power pellets instead.
- Once tried to eat Pinkie Pie after eating a Power Pellet, believing her to be one of the Ghosts.
- Participated in the First Pantheon Gourmet Race and ended up in a three-way tie alongside Goku and Kirby. He naturally has a life-time membership of the Gourmet Racer Club.
- For some reason, PacMan seems to like hanging out on Sark's airship. Amusingly, Sark never seems to take notice of the stowaway.
Popeye, God of Trademark Favorite Foods and Strength-Giving Foods
(The Sailor Man)
- Theme Song: "Popeye The Sailor Man".
- Greater God
- Symbol: A Can of Spinach.
- Alignment: Neutral Good (but can veer toward Chaotic Neutral at times, more often in his early years)
- Portfolio: Super Serum, Bullet Seed, Comedic Hero, Strongest Man Out There As Long As There's Spinach, Theme Music Power-Up.
- Domains: Commerce, Sea, Strength, Spinach.
- Enemies: Bluto (Non-Ascended), Barbatos Goetia (Ascended).
- His mere presence saves the existence of spinach from going extinct. Tried to come up with Melon-Spinach bread for Shana, but got horribly refused.
- With the exception of Batman with preparation time (lots and lots of it), or Fred Rogers, Popeye can beat anyone in the Pantheon, as long as he eats his spinach first.
- His attempts to push others to eat their spinach has had mixed results, since almost no one in the pantheon has the same Trademark Favorite Food. He has tried to convince Naruto to put spinach in his ramen, but is repeatedly told "NO WAY!". Bugs Bunny refuses to eat anything but carrots. He was able to reach a compromise with the Ninja Turtles though, sharing a spinach pizza with them on occasion.
- Perhaps the only thing nearly as destructive to the Pantheon as a fight between Tom and Jerry is a fight between Popeye and Bluto. The last time this happened it took every member of the House of Food to break it up, and several sections of the House needed to be rebuilt.
- Is the only member to beat up Barbatos Goetia, The Killer of Heroes, after having used an item.
Starjun, Evil God of Chefs (Sous Chef of Bishokukai)
- Greater God (one of the few able to defeat Toriko in battle)
- Theme Song: Yami No Soshiki Bishokukai
- Symbol: Shiva Mask, Burner Knife, Third Eye.
- Allignment: Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Fire, Arch Enemies, Flaming Knife, Worthy Opponents, Dragon-in-Chief, Chef of Hellfire, Third Eye.
- Domain: Fire, Cooking.
- Ally: The Pyro.
- Enemies: Toriko and Komatsu, Smoke, Recca Hanabishi, Human Torch.
- Starjun used to be the God of Fire after the fall of Shigekuni Yamamoto Genryuusai. Unfortunately, his rise was a part of Yhwach's plan to ensure that Yamamoto's memory will remain buried forever, disrupting the balance of natural element because one of the main element holders is evil. When this was found out, several uprisings arise, but Starjun's overwhelming power made him keep the position, until he was defeated with the combined strength of Human Torch and Recca Hanabishi. While Starjun managed to force Human Torch to use up all his godly powers (and elected Recca the successor of the throne), he was ultimately defeated and had to retreat and claimed this house in retaliation, losing most of his followers.
- Now that his Gourmet Cells have awakened, Starjun's power has increased to even greater heights than before, enough to dissuade Joa from engaging in battle with him when Jiro and Setsuno were also present.
- Despite ranking as a Sous Chef in the Bishokukai, Starjun is the second-most powerful individual in the entire organization below Midora.
- After defeating Toriko - barely - he successfully abducted Komatsu. One can only assume the reaction of their allies to this event.
- As it turns out, there was no need to chase after him - Komatsu was allowed to return to Toriko's side without fuss by his boss.
- As the Sous Chef of the Bishokukai, he has often been seen helping to prepare special recipes in the Food Pantheon with his Burner Knife. Impressively, he is capable of keeping up with Kirby's appetite whenever he visits - he claims it is because of experience with Midora.
- As an experienced chef with Gourmet World food, he is often seen preparing meals for Beerus when he is not cooking for his boss, Midora.