This House resembles a zoo, but you won't find an intact cage remaining. Here you may find every climate imaginable- a home for every creature great and small, real and mythical (and disputed), carnivores, herbivores, and otherwise alike. Many of the Nature gods are seen visiting, nominally the guardians of the place but the collective inhabitants are more than capable of taking care of themselves
. Especially the cute ones
. Mere mortals and deities wishing to not suffer embarrassing injury are encouraged to find a tour guide. Steve Irwin leads daily expeditions into the wilderness, while Zak Saturday keeps things in some semblance of order.
Not every God or Goddess here is bestial in nature, though. There are some humanoid Gods and Goddesses residing here. Hey, someone has got to take care of the beasts after all.
The House of Beasts is currently ruled by "Beast Taming Trio" consisting of Steve Irwin, Red XIII, and Zak Saturday.
open/close all folders
Sub-Houses by Species
The Beast Taming Trio
The Three Guards of the House of Beasts.
Steve Irwin, Keeper of Beasts
(The Crocodile Hunter)
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: The Saltwater Crocodile.
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Catch Phrases, Crazy Awesome, Australia.
- Domains: All Biomes of the Earth, Courage, Animals.
- Follower: Brady Barr.
- Opposes: Faceless threats of pollution, habitat destruction, and hippos. And Saxton Hale.
- He died after a tragic sting by a stingray, and in sorrow all crocodiles in the earth shed sincere tears. Upon death, he entered the Pantheon, and all who had put "ironic crocodile fatality" in the betting pool lost dearly. He spends his spare time poking angels with sticks (avoiding the ones who are shrouded in holy fire and have multiple heads).
- Xanatos suggested that the Council of Shadows bet that he would die in any way other than this, thus allowing him to fund phase three of his masterstroke.
- He maintains a good relationship with Unohana Retsu, despite the latter's apology about her Shikai's form. He doesn't really hold a grudge against stingrays in general, and condemns those who slaughtered live stingrays in the wake of his ascension.
- The main tour guide of the Bestiary, who can keep visitors safe from any creature no matter how dangerous.
- Even hippos, the one kind of animal he would not get near as a mortal, he can now pacify with just a word. It is a godly ability that makes his job much easier. Of course, before he discovered this ability, he was made uneasy when he first ran into Murray, a hippo. Now, however, the two of them are fine with each other. Not to the point of alliance, but Steve isn't afraid of Murray.
- His heralds are his dog Suey, and two favourite crocodiles, Bindi and Graham.
Red XIII, God of Wise Beasts
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: The Roman numeral XIII above the circle-thingy tattooed on his left foreleg.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Long lifespans, Harmony with Nature, Fighting with Headdresses, Flaming tails, Endangered Species
- Domains: Earth, Fire, Moon, Nature, Knowledge
- Followers: Hobbes, (An Ape Named) Ape, Gromit, Thomas Kemper.
- Allies: Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, Aerith Gainsborough, Amaterasu
- Enemies: Sephiroth
- Despite being a beast, he's smarter than most of the Knowledge Gods.
- Debate rages over whether Red is a feline or canine. He usually has a good laugh at that.
- Seems to get giddy whenever Amaterasu comes to visit and has been subject to teasing from Zak and Swarm because of it.
Zak Saturday, God of Cryptids
- Lesser God
- Symbol: The Claw, the Saturdays 'S'
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Kid Heroes, Chosen Ones, Friends to All Living Things, Mind Control, Tomatoes, Orange Light, Boys with Large Furry 'Brothers'
- Domains: Animal, Nature, Good, Family, Beastmastering.
- Followers: Cryptids, of course (such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster)
- Allies: Roger Patterson, Ben Tennyson.
- Enemies: Skeptics (including Agent Scully)
- Is the only human deity whom most of the Beast gods will not attack, thus he can go freely around the House and help keep things in some semblance of order.
- Recently teamed up with one Benjamin Tennyson to fight off a pack of chupacabras.
Although they are unacsended, the Monster Hunters can usually be found following the larger members of this Pantheon, possibly looking for something new to hunt.