- The Beatles: "The Fool on the Hill".
- The protagonist from Harry Chapin's "The Rock".
- The singer in Tears For Fears' "Mad World" sees himself as this. It's arguable whether he actually is.
- The Spine of Steam Powered Giraffe is arguably this, being much more calm and rational than his siblings.
- Contessa of Emilie Autumn's Bloody Crumpets likes to see herself as this. Then again, seeing as how the Crumpets are supposed to be a group of asylum inmates, "sane" is relative.
Contessa: I would like to make it very clear that I am not, I repeat, I am not, not, NOT insane!Everyone Else: (hysterical laughter)Emilie: (to the audience) ...She eats people!