Older Than They Look: Fan Works
- A fandom example: for a while, it was vaguely popular among Harry Potter Fan Fic writers to claim that (a few hours per weekday for a year of) Time Travel had sufficiently aged Hermione that it is no longer squicky to have her paired with Snape. Which is silly on the face of it, since two or three extra hours every weekday for an entire year (without even considering summer vacation) adds up to less than thirty days of additional aging. Not to mention she was petrified in her second year for about the same length of time. That's right folks, she broke even.
- Maoimi in Soulless Shell is supposed to be seventeen, but her age isn't mentioned until the final chapter and thanks to the hilariously clumsy writing she comes across as being about seven. The MSTing does not let this go un-riffed.
Romsca: (as Maoimi) C'n I 'ave some candy, pwease, nice mister paedophile?
- Zigzagged with in Kyon Big Damn Hero, with Kyon, Mikuru, Kanae, and Yuki aging a year during training every night, but having Yuki de-age them afterwards with added Laser-Guided Amnesia. Then, Kyon time-travels all over the place, running errands for his future self, which makes things more complicated.
- The Naruto fanfic Hakumei has a jounin-level villain in her late teens convincingly disguise herself as a 12-year old genin.
- In Frozen fic What About Witch Queen?, OC Kai Madsen is said to look like a teenager despite being about twenty-five. His father, in contrast, is younger than he looks.
- With Strings Attached takes place in 1980; when The Beatles are sent on their journey, they are physically (but not mentally) de-aged from the thirty-something men they are into the ages they were when Beatlemania was at its height.
- Lady Venus in The Blue Blur of Termina. According to Tatl, despite appearing to be in the human equivalent of her late twenties, she is actually over five hundred years old.
- The Chiss Force user Grein in Star Wars Paranormalities is biologically 41 years old, but doesn't look much older than 30. Lampshaded by other characters and Hand Waved by her as being a combination of a Force-user and a Chiss. And that isn't even taking her chronological age into account.
- Happens with Loki in this fic, where he decides to use his new appearance to hide from the alien army he pissed off previously.
- Discussed by Empath and Homnibus in the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story "The Exile Of Psychelia", where the elderly human wizard is surprised by how young Empath looks for 151 years of age.
- In Bait and Switch Eleya describes Admiral Amnell Kree as "well-preserved but something about her leads me to peg her age as sixty-something." And that's just the Trill host we're talking about; the symbiont lands in Really 700 Years Old territory.
- Cole in Bringing Me To Life looks twenty but is over seventy-years old. Being an A.I. in The Matrix he doesn't age physically. Cole's adopted father, Smith, also an A.I. is over six hundred years old, but only looks like he's thirty or forty.
- In the Gensokyo 20XX series, we have this with Reimu, who was age-regressed to a child during the events of 20XXI, and Yukari, who fits into youkai tradition by being older than she appears.
- Syaoran in Shatterheart looks fifteen but is actually twenty-one. He didn't physically age when he was imprisoned for seven years.
- Hivefled's Grand Highblood, as a purple-blood troll, would have lived potentially thousands of years anyway, but after a life-extending kiss from Condesce he's lasted much longer than he should have. An elderly seatroll, whose caste usually live even longer than the purples, notes that when he was born GH was already an adult in his prime.