- Spoken word for word by John Spartan in Demolition Man, when his first attempt to capture Simon Phoenix results in a building in flamesnote and a heap of charred hostages note .
Captain Healy: Yeah right, like you had nothing to do with it.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Jack Sparrow is believed to be trying to locate a ship to find the Fountain of Youth, as well as recruiting a crew. Turns out, for once, he was not the one who is actually doing it. It was Angelica, a former flame of Sparrow, who was doing it, while disguised as him.
- Pitch Black: When Zeke is killed by the Bioraptors, everyone at first thinks that it was Riddick, who everyone knew to be an escaped convict and killer, who did it. However, while he admits that he has killed "a few people," Zeke wasn't one of them; the Bioraptors got to him.
- In Apollo 13, Fred Haise has been using the cabin repress valve, which causes a sharp banging sound, to mess with the other astronauts. When the oxygen tank explodes and the entire ship starts shaking, he rushes in saying, "That's no repress valve!"
- La Folie des grandeurs (Delusions of Grandeur) with Louis de Funès: "Non, Sire! Pour une fois c'était pas moi!" Translation: "No, sire! For once it wasn't me!"
- In Se7en, as Somerset is looking at an object in the road:
Mills: What you got?Somerset: Dead dog.John Doe: I didn't do that.
- In Thor: The Dark World, Thor's first thought when he hears about a prison riot is "Loki". Loki is the only one not rioting and is in fact calmly reading in the corner.