* Particularly during the third act, when the food machine goes haywire. [[spoiler:The food machine gets covered in a [[EldritchAbomination gigantic "meatball"]], and the heroes have to travel inwards through the chasms of mutated food a la ''Armageddon'' to defeat the machine.]]
* Also,[[spoiler: Steve fights the gummy bears- he rams his hand into it, RIPS OUT ITS ''HEART'' AND THEN EATS IT!]]
** Although that borders on a Crowning Moment Of Awesome AND Nightmare Fuel at the same time.
** And that's to say ''nothing'' of [[spoiler: the giant mutant roast chickens hanging from the ceiling that ''devoured'' Brent.]]
** [[spoiler: Who then proceeds to reposition himself inside the presumably live roast chicken and ''wear it as a suit''.]]
* The Mayor immediately begins gorging himself on the food and ends up morbidly obese, needing a scooter to get around. The scene where he is excited about bigger portions and then devours a gigantic hot dog whole is pretty unsettling, the way he's been utterly consumed by his own gluttony.
* When the food starts getting [[spoiler: bigger]].
* Most of Flint's early inventions cause this., I.E The Ratbirds
* With the sequel introducing living food, [[FridgeHorror what would happen to the natural food chain on Swallow Falls?]]
** Aren't most creatures on the food chain living food to someone?
* Sam's peanut-induced allergic reaction, especially ''[[BodyHorror how swelled up she gets.]]''