[[caption-width-right:300:Come on, Grovy, give your girlfriend a kiss.]]
[[folder: Season 1]]
* [[spoiler:Try Deserboss making a voodoo doll out of a guard in season 1 episode 24.]] It looks exactly like it's wiggling in pain, and it [[AndIMustScream couldn't even scream its pain away]].... When their job is over, [[spoiler:the possessed guards ''die and turn into dirt'']].
** Deserboss in general, with that creepy, dead stare of his, his ability to move silently and to phase through vegetation and trees like a phantom as he moves for the kill...
* The credits of the "Noximilien" special. [[SoundtrackDissonance A soft, melancholy tune]] plays as '''[[spoiler: a seizure-flashing insane Nox runs at the camera]]'''.
** Nox's transformation in the special. By the time Ogrest's Chaos happens [[spoiler:Nox has become a hunched back, rugged man whose movements are spastic and can appear anywhere without warning]].
* If [[KnightOfCerebus Nox]] isn't busy being [[WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds depressing]] or kicking ass, there's a good chance he's invoking this. One of the creepiest parts of the series is the beginning of Episode 24, where he puts on a [[TheDollEpisode cute little puppet show]] showing [[spoiler: his family and their death]] in a disturbing, childlike manner.
** If anything, he invokes this even then. It's as though the entire first season is his endgame where we the spectators get to watch him devolve into madness. The true outcome of living beyond what is natural.
[[folder: Season 2]]
* Anathar during his first appearance doesn't look too threatening... until he smiles, showing a grin of huge fangs which nearly doubles the size of his thin head and revealing that he has a BellyMouth in which he stores Grany and Rubilax.
* The [[OurZombiesAreDifferent Thirsters]] from season 2, [[HorrorHunger forever-thirsty]] bamboo zombies that prowl the salty swamps that once were Pandalusia. They're also intangible and if they phase through you, you turn into one of them.
* At first, Season 2 looks like it'll have a rather more humorous BigBad in the form of Rushu in contrast to Nox, but then we meet the real baddie: [[spoiler:Qilby. If it's not that creepy-as-all-get-go trophy room full of preserved specimens, it's the fact he's spent a lot of time repeatedly murdering a twelve-year-old and his dragon brother. Then there's his transformation into his paler self with the Wakfu Arm.]]
** On top of that, there's his manner of [[spoiler: going in and out of his portals]] in the season finale. Whereas [[spoiler:Yugo generally leaps athletically in and out of his, Qilby has the much more unsettling technique of staring straight into the camera with a manic expression while his portal opens to his left or right, then simply floating into it and out of sight.]] The overall effect is rather eerie.
** Part of the reason Qilby is so batshit insane is his imprisonment in the White Dimension, which is nightmare fuel in itself for '''10,000 years'''. It's a place of pure milky white with no noise or sound, essentially a featureless sensory deprivation chamber where one cannot even die or even leave without the power of the Eliacube which is highly difficult for anyone besides another Eliatrope to use. Yugo went mad in the dimension after only a few seconds there. Worse off, Qilby planned on throwing Yugo in there after completing his plans to take over the Eliatrope people as revenge for putting him there in a past life. Keep in mind, Eliatropes age slowly and Qilby was thrown in the dimension as an adult. Yugo was still just a child at the time.
* [[spoiler:Grougaloragran's]] scream at the end of "The Zinit".
* The Emporg's [[spoiler: destruction of the stadium is pretty horrifying, as you can quite clearly see ''people screaming and falling into the lava.'']]
[[folder: Season 3]]
* In the teasers for season 3, we see [[spoiler: Adamai, appearing older, taller, looking rather disturbing. It was sad to see him and Yugo fight but now after his FaceHeelTurn, he comes back looking corrupted and genuinely menacing.]]
* Season 3, episode 3: After being captured by the bad guys, Eva awakens in a comfy bed... [[AdultFear only to find out that her baby is missing from her womb]], but then she sees him, floating in front of her, safe and sound... only to suddenly turn into a black, demonic version of himself, enveloping everything into fire as Eva sees Elely and Flopin as the dark counterparts of the Iop Goddess and Cra God staring down on her. Thankfully it was just a dream, but no longer after that, when she and Flopin seem safe from harm, [[AxCrazy Toxine]] decides to pay them a visit and tries to kill them both.
* Season 3 Episode 9, we see just how much screwed up is Toxine: according to her, the demigod rooms in Oropo's tower are a reflection of their owner's soul... hers is a blank, mist-covered wasteland with living beartraps and a gigantic, demonic well of green HellFire from which anguished laments are heard, which she gleefully describes as "part of her very soul". Makes you wonder what would happen should she achieve godhood...
* Season 3, Episode 11: [[spoiler: Yugo is absorbed by Oropo and locked inside the latter's mind, where, again, he has to face deranged copies of Nox and Qilby, except that this time they physically attack him, which includes Qilby singing a creepy lullaby on how they're going to mess up Yugo. It puts the holier-than-thou Oropo in a creepier light, if possible.]]
-->[[spoiler: '''Qilby''']]:" Litte Yugo, pray and beg // 'cause we're going to [[SuddenlyShouting ''break his leg!'']]
* Oropo, despite showing many virtues, can come off as pretty disturbing, expecially [[spoiler: when the true extent of his plans is revealed and he goes as far as turning against his own companions and preparing to cast a FantasticNuke that will destroy the Gods and possibly the world ''and still believes to be rightful and just'', not to mention that he actually ''has'' the power to accomplish that. Good thing he still loves Echo and his companions though...]]