Nightmare Fuel: TRON: Legacy
is even more dark and edgy
than the first movie
, so expect some scary moments.
- This moment fairly early on, when Sam initially thinks Clu is Kevin Flynn. Even though he figures it out before Clu confirms it, it's still unsettling.
Clu: [cheerful smile] I'm not your father, Sam.
- Clu's speech about his plot, which inverts Flynn's hopeful speech to Encom.
- Most of the henchmen are Repurposed Programs. They are not doing this of their own free will. What makes it worse is that Sam may be killing innocent programs and not know about it.
- Some of the programs' deresolutions are rather... unsettling, to say the least.
- Somewhat funny, mostly freaky:
Sam: What's his problem?
Program: (missing half his face) *growls*
- Soon after: "ERASE MEEEEE!" *jumps to his death*
- He doesn't just fall, he gets sliced by the rotor blades! We don't get to see any gore since he's a Program, but he shatters, which makes it even worse.
- The way Clu acts towards Quorra when he captures her is creepy Seeing him touch Quorra's hair and announce that he has "something special'' for her at his quarters drives the horrific scene home, especially when you realize that Quorra, the last ISO, is trapped by the program who utterly annihilated her race.
- The film also has a few terabytes of Fridge Horror. Flynn Sr. has been trapped on his Grid for the equivalent of 1000 years, watching all his friends die, his dreams decay, the ISOs be slaughtered, his creation run amok with no way to stop him, and no way to die or escape! And then there's the thought of what must have been done to create Rinzler... Clu managed what Master Control couldn't. He broke the biggest Lawful Good Badass on the Grid into a near-feral killing machine.
- Speaking of Rinzler, that 'purring' that he does. It can sound too much like Velociraptor.
- And speaking of Rinzler's purring, Fridge Horror ensues when you imagine what Clu must have done to him to make him sound like that. It's coupled with the fact that, until the end of the movie, Clu's got him completely under his command, and that it might have something to do with the massive scars Tron has on his neck that we've seen in uprising.