First he'll kill your mother, then come after you.
- The tar pits. Seeing all the innocent, rather young protagonists getting submerged in black gunk and nearly losing their lives is not a fun thing to watch at the age of 6 or in your adulthood. The 'tar monster' that the characters form to scare Cera is also pretty morbid in appearance, and definitely isn't pretty to look at, either. It looks like some sort of Eldritch Abomination, honestly. Made worse by the horrifying noise made by the "tar monster".
- Another equally scary thing was the T.Rex. It freaking chased the heroes through half of the movie.
- The many instances where the characters almost died horrific deaths. They're supposed to be really small children, even if their ages are somewhat vague.
- The Swimming Sharptooth in The Journey to Big Water. Its eyes are pure yellow, and its face looks vaguely like a crocodile's skull. The worst part is that it is in the water. You won't be able to see it or hear it until it attacks, and if you're in the water, you are helpless against it.
- The large "earthshake" in the first movie.
- Going further, you can see some dinosaurs running away from the fissure on slabs of rock. Watch the scene again: you can clearly see that some of them don't make it...
- The Giganotosaurus from the fifth movie has one of the most intimidating designs to date, and it friggin' tosses around other Sharpteeth. It's also the only character to shed blood in the entire franchise.