Nightmare Fuel: The Host
The Korean Horror Film
- Any number of scenes, but in particular when the trapped Hyun-so witnesses the creature regurgitating a very large load of Human bones back down into the sewer.
The Book by Stephanie Meyer
- The very concept. What isn't scary about the idea of your entire family, including babies, being taken over by aliens and creating a "paradise" that's almost completely devoid of meaningful conflict or emotion?
- The entire Soul species runs on such an extreme Blue and Orange Morality, they can't even consider any possible alternative. When the Fire Flowers committed mass suicide to not be controlled, the Souls are completely unable to understand why anyone would do that. So, not only they are more than able to infest and replace an entire civilization, they are sentient and yet you can't reason with them. They are Always Lawful Devoid Of Empathy/Evil.
- Even scarier - just think about being imprisoned in your own body as a Puppeteer Parasite takes over your life, including your love life. Sure, hosts tend to stay in the same job their hosts to avoid attracting too much attention, and they also tend to fall in love with people their hosts would also find appealing, but that's not always the case (Exhibit A: Wanderer). On the other hand, host's personalities tend to fade over time, depending on how strong their minds are, but that isn't always the case either (Exibit B: Melanie). Now, imagine being forced to watch as someone else completely deconstructs your life to fit their requirements and their talents, not yours. Imagine being forced to have sex with someone you did not choose, but "the other you" did. And imagine that, unlike Melanie and Wanda, "the other you" is not your friend. Pardon me, I'll be sucking my thumb in my bomb shelter...
- Kyle's attempted murder on Wanda certainly counts. No matter how anyone tries to spin it, Kyle is rather..unhinged, and his attack on Wanda was brutal, and his methods unnecessarily forceful and crude. He tried to drown the girl, and the entire scene was played out as a struggle that Wanda was barely winning. Had the floor not caved in, or rather, had Ian not arrived in time, Wanda could very well have been killed by Kyle over his own inability to let things go.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.