TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
The Adventures Of Iancat
The Adventures of Iancat is a fanfiction by Dirk Jake Shipper
on Tumblr, featuring the Big Brother
winner Ian Terry as a cat, going on crazy adventures.
It is currently in progress, but is to be completed soon. It includes a purple cat from the past, an Animalized version of Dan Gheesling, a mouse who drinks beer, and a crazy psychotic pervert wolf. Yeah, TOTALLY for kids.
The Fanfic is based off of The Adventures of Ian, by All Things Ian Terry
Britneycat: *gets hit in the head by Dan holding a battle ax*
everyone: *holding in laughs*
- Losing Your Head: Brendancat, nearly.
- Time Travel: How Yukicat came to the forest, and what Iancat does later.
- Back from the Dead: zombie!Rachelcat in the sequel
- Big Bad: Kyowolf and the canines.
- Adaptational Villainy: Karfox. His troll/original form is a main character and one of the good guys, but in this one, he's an evil fox.
- Animals Hate Him: Kyowolf. The whole forest despises him.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Papu the leopard cub in one scene. Poor Papu.
- Genki Girl: Yukicat. And Rachelcat before she DIES
- Genre Savvy: Iancat seems to understand exactly what's going to happen, but doesn't do anything about his friends' impending deaths
- Ho Yay: Dancat and Iancat
- To a lesser extent, Les Yay between Yukicat and Nepetacat in the intermission
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: It contains cute cuddly talking animals, an adorable leopard cub, and a funny mouse. Well, this fanfiction contains gore, use of drugs, implied sex, a homosexual relationship between Dancat and Iancat They kiss in the last chapter, and swearing. YEP, OK FOR KIDS TO READ!
- Kill the Cutie: Papu is murdered by Georgedog at the beginning of the sequel, and Meghan dies in an explosion.
- Cats Are Mean: Zeni the husky pup cries out that those mean cats hurt her, and then starts barking about killing them.
- Cowardly Lion: Boogiecat claims to be all brave, but attempts to climb up a tree during the canine VS feline battle.
- Ax-Crazy: zombie!Rachelcat in the sequel. Also, Gamzeecat.
- Big "NO!": in the final story when Iancat dies, Yukicat does this
- Butt Monkey: Britneycat in chapter 6. Everything that's bad happens to her.
- Catch Phrase: Dancat's famous "Well fuck me backwards with a treebranch" in chapters 6, 7, 8, and 10.
- Dead Pan Snarker: Iancat in EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER.
- Evil Albino: Kyowolf.
- Friend to All Living Things: Iancat is this to every single animal in the forest.
- Intelligent Gerbil: Lil Dan.
- Jerk Ass: Kyowolf to every character in the story.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Papu is supposed to be this, as for Meghan and the rest of the toons.
- Man Hug: Dancat and Iancat do this in chapter 7.
- Pet the Dog: Georgedog hugs Boogiecat and pets him. But then in a case of Bait the Dog, he snaps his ear off.
- Put on a Bus: Nickcat in the second story.
- Shoot the Dog: Literally, Lil Dan does this with a beer bottle to Goldtooth.
- End of the World as We Know It: Kyowolf almost causes it
- Executive Meddling: The Author of the original fic helps the author of this fic write it.
- Fan Nickname: Dancat and Lil Dan are known as Big Motherfucker and Little Motherfucker respectively, by the author of the original Adventures of Ian.
- Fans of it call Nickcat the 'Kyubey of TAOIC'.
- Faux Symbolism: Anytime Kankrifox speaks. Nothing he says is ever serious.
- Five-Man Band: Yukicat, Dancat, Iancat, Equiuscat, and Nepetacat after the intermission
- Freudian Excuse: Kyo is evil because he dislikes cats.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The whole fic is this.
- Gilligan Cut: Yukicat: I don't have feelings for Nepetacat! I'd never date her! -cut- *is making out with Nepetacat*
- Dancat says Iancat is not his boyfriend, but then a minute later, they're kisisng.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Dancat: *staring at corpse of Vriskacat* That's a CAT-tastrophe! Everyone: DANCAT!
- Large Ham: Everyone in the story.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lil Dan and Blackie the Bat.
- Blackie even considers burning down the city to stop the humans in the 6th one.
- Angry Guard Dog: Georgedog when he gets possessed.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Lil Dan, Iancat, Dancat, Kyowolf, Blackie and mostly everyone.
- Talking Animal: Everyone in the whole story.
- Love Interests: Iancat with Yukicat, Dancat, and Johncat.
- Dancat with Yukicat, Iancat, Davecat, and Dirkcat.
- Yukicat with every male character, and some females.
- Love Triangle: Dancat/Yukicat/Iancat/Dancat it's sort of a square involving the same three people.
- Memetic Mutation: The derp face Yukicat makes in chapter 7 becomes part of the 'Ermagerd' meme.
- The line uttered by Dancat and Iancat, "THIS IS GOODBYE!" Before they kiss in chapter 7 inspires a meme.
- Rule of Cool: Anything Dancat does.
- Shout-Out: All the Homestuck themed cats are this.
- Ear Worm: All the songs in the movie version.
- Especially 'The Juggalo Life' song that Gamzeecat performs in the movie.
- Tear Jerker: Most of the stuff in the story.
- Nightmare Fuel: Oh god, where do I begin? The deaths of everyone, the goriest being Jeffcat's death in the sequel.
- A deleted scene in the movie version that involves Kyowolf skinning kittens.
- The canines' masks in the broadway version.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: All of the characters.
- Narm: The 'How Do I Live Sequence' in the sequel
- The Woobie: Eridansquid. Especially after being outed by Feferisquid
- Hey, It's That Guy!: One of the actors in the broadway musical is the old man from the "Ding Dong What is Wrong" video.
- The voice of Timon from The Lion King is the actor and puppeteer of Willcat.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Equiuscat and Yukicat are this for a brief ameownt of time during the sequel
- Those Two Guys: Equiuscat and Nepetacat
- And Nickcat and Blackie come to be this.
- Deranged Animation: Georgedog's eyes in the movie. Holy crap.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Bats are mostly viewed as evil these days. But Blackie the Bat is one of the main heroes!
- Alpha Bitch: Raven, and Aaryncat at one point.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Lil Dan.
- Psychic Powers: Georgedog.
- Yaoi Fangirl: The author says she's not a fan of Yaoi, but she ships more male ships then anything!
- Bi the Way: Almost every single character is Bisexual.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Georgedog can do this, because he turns into a rat and takes the form of a cat at one point.
- Hamless Villain: Kyowolf kills only three cats.
- Adverted with Georgedog. He kills like, 100 people!
- Fat Bastard: Jeremyfox is this is in the intermissions.
- In the Nickcat spin-off comic, he's a griffon, but still this trope.