Nightmare Fuel: The Adventures Of Iancat
The Adventures of Iancat is a fanfiction by Dirk Jake Shipper
on Tumblr, featuring the Big Brother
winner Ian Terry as a cat, going on crazy adventures.
It is currently in progress, but is to be completed soon. It includes a purple cat from the past, an Animalized version of Dan Gheesling, a mouse who drinks beer, and a crazy psychotic pervert wolf. Yeah, TOTALLY for kids.
The Fanfic is based off of The Adventures of Ian, by All Things Ian Terry
Britneycat: *gets hit in the head by Dan holding a battle ax*
everyone: *holding in laughs*
- Losing Your Head: Brendancat, nearly.
- Time Travel: How Yukicat came to the forest, and what Iancat does later.
- Back from the Dead: zombie!Rachelcat in the sequel
- Big Bad: Kyowolf and the canines.
- Adaptational Villainy: Karfox. His troll/original form is a main character and one of the good guys, but in this one, he's an evil fox.
- Animals Hate Him: Kyowolf. The whole forest despises him.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Papu the leopard cub in one scene. Poor Papu.
- Genki Girl: Yukicat. And Rachelcat before she DIES
- Genre Savvy: Iancat seems to understand exactly what's going to happen, but doesn't do anything about his friends' impending deaths
- Ho Yay: Dancat and Iancat
- To a lesser extent, Les Yay between Yukicat and Nepetacat in the intermission
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: It contains cute cuddly talking animals, an adorable leopard cub, and a funny mouse. Well, this fanfiction contains gore, use of drugs, implied sex, a homosexual relationship between Dancat and Iancat They kiss in the last chapter, and swearing. YEP, OK FOR KIDS TO READ!
- Kill the Cutie: Papu is murdered by Georgedog at the beginning of the sequel, and Meghan dies in an explosion.
- Cats Are Mean: Zeni the husky pup cries out that those mean cats hurt her, and then starts barking about killing them.
- Cowardly Lion: Boogiecat claims to be all brave, but attempts to climb up a tree during the canine VS feline battle.
- Ax-Crazy: zombie!Rachelcat in the sequel. Also, Gamzeecat.
- Big "NO!": in the final story when Iancat dies, Yukicat does this
- Butt Monkey: Britneycat in chapter 6. Everything that's bad happens to her.
- Catch Phrase: Dancat's famous "Well fuck me backwards with a treebranch" in chapters 6, 7, 8, and 10.
- Dead Pan Snarker: Iancat in EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER.
- Evil Albino: Kyowolf.
- Friend to All Living Things: Iancat is this to every single animal in the forest.
- Intelligent Gerbil: Lil Dan.
- Jerk Ass: Kyowolf to every character in the story.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Papu is supposed to be this, as for Meghan and the rest of the toons.
- Man Hug: Dancat and Iancat do this in chapter 7.
- Pet the Dog: Georgedog hugs Boogiecat and pets him. But then in a case of Bait the Dog, he snaps his ear off.
- Put on a Bus: Nickcat in the second story.
- Shoot the Dog: Literally, Lil Dan does this with a beer bottle to Goldtooth.
- End of the World as We Know It: Kyowolf almost causes it
- Executive Meddling: The Author of the original fic helps the author of this fic write it.
- Fan Nickname: Dancat and Lil Dan are known as Big Motherfucker and Little Motherfucker respectively, by the author of the original Adventures of Ian.
- Fans of it call Nickcat the 'Kyubey of TAOIC'.
- Faux Symbolism: Anytime Kankrifox speaks. Nothing he says is ever serious.
- Five-Man Band: Yukicat, Dancat, Iancat, Equiuscat, and Nepetacat after the intermission
- Freudian Excuse: Kyo is evil because he dislikes cats.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The whole fic is this.
- Gilligan Cut: Yukicat: I don't have feelings for Nepetacat! I'd never date her! -cut- *is making out with Nepetacat*
- Dancat says Iancat is not his boyfriend, but then a minute later, they're kisisng.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Dancat: *staring at corpse of Vriskacat* That's a CAT-tastrophe! Everyone: DANCAT!
- Large Ham: Everyone in the story.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lil Dan and Blackie the Bat.
- Blackie even considers burning down the city to stop the humans in the 6th one.
- Angry Guard Dog: Georgedog when he gets possessed.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Lil Dan, Iancat, Dancat, Kyowolf, Blackie and mostly everyone.
- Talking Animal: Everyone in the whole story.
- Love Interests: Iancat with Yukicat, Dancat, and Johncat.
- Dancat with Yukicat, Iancat, Davecat, and Dirkcat.
- Yukicat with every male character, and some females.
- Love Triangle: Dancat/Yukicat/Iancat/Dancat it's sort of a square involving the same three people.
- Memetic Mutation: The derp face Yukicat makes in chapter 7 becomes part of the 'Ermagerd' meme.
- The line uttered by Dancat and Iancat, "THIS IS GOODBYE!" Before they kiss in chapter 7 inspires a meme.
- Rule of Cool: Anything Dancat does.
- Shout-Out: All the Homestuck themed cats are this.
- Ear Worm: All the songs in the movie version.
- Especially 'The Juggalo Life' song that Gamzeecat performs in the movie.
- Tear Jerker: Most of the stuff in the story.
- Nightmare Fuel: Oh god, where do I begin? The deaths of everyone, the goriest being Jeffcat's death in the sequel.
- A deleted scene in the movie version that involves Kyowolf skinning kittens.
- The canines' masks in the broadway version.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: All of the characters.
- Narm: The 'How Do I Live Sequence' in the sequel
- The Woobie: Eridansquid. Especially after being outed by Feferisquid
- Hey, It's That Guy!: One of the actors in the broadway musical is the old man from the "Ding Dong What is Wrong" video.
- The voice of Timon from The Lion King is the actor and puppeteer of Willcat.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Equiuscat and Yukicat are this for a brief ameownt of time during the sequel
- Those Two Guys: Equiuscat and Nepetacat
- And Nickcat and Blackie come to be this.
- Deranged Animation: Georgedog's eyes in the movie. Holy crap.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Bats are mostly viewed as evil these days. But Blackie the Bat is one of the main heroes!
- Alpha Bitch: Raven, and Aaryncat at one point.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Lil Dan.
- Psychic Powers: Georgedog.
- Yaoi Fangirl: The author says she's not a fan of Yaoi, but she ships more male ships then anything!
- Bi the Way: Almost every single character is Bisexual.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Georgedog can do this, because he turns into a rat and takes the form of a cat at one point.
- Hamless Villain: Kyowolf kills only three cats.
- Adverted with Georgedog. He kills like, 100 people!
- Fat Bastard: Jeremyfox is this is in the intermissions.
- In the Nickcat spin-off comic, he's a griffon, but still this trope.