Nightmare Fuel / That Guy with the Glasses
Shows with their own scares:
- On Episode 15 of "Ask That Guy with the Glasses", he talks about letting a Furby starve to death just to feel power over another living thing. It is chilling.
- And let's not forget the episode with Bennett the Sage. (He wrote his own dialogue. Think about that.)
- Let's face it, when it comes to Nightmare Fuel, half the time, Sage is behind it. But after the credits of his DevilMan review, after he assured viewers that he will NOT review Violence Jack, even going as far to throw his rare and uncut VHS copy of the OVA (rare enough that there's not even any torrents of it) off a bridge and into a river., we're treated to odd red light peaking through blackness and a box omitting the red light after opened, seemingly on its own as screams of horror and pain ring in the background. The final kicker is it's warning; VIOLENCE IS COMING. Oh shit...
- Malachite from Suburban Knights: the music that plays whenever he shows up is creepy, and he kills people gruesomely just because they enjoy living in the 21st Century.
- Just in time for Valentine's Day, Spoony decided to review an interactive story called The Madness of Roland. There's a warning there for a reason, and it's hard to decide what's freakier: the compile of video clips themselves, or what happens at the end...
- At the end of Spoony's review of a movie called Game Over, Spoony sees the ankh, the symbol of the Avatar, and remembers he still has to review the game. Then the screen shows flashes of him tied up and in a straight jacket, with a pot on his head and sunglasses hiding his eyes while he screams in pain, all interspliced with normal shots of Spoony. The appearance of an ankh on the chest of his robot friend Burton throughout the video foreshadows the scene, and implies that Burton is responsible.
- Phelous' review of the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) is tongue-in-cheek, but there's an extremely quick, blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment of what the crap. There's one shot where Phelous merely says, "Nope." If you look at the mirror in the background, you can see another Phelous.
- Y: Ruler of Time wasn't very impressed with the horror manga Alive note . So he decided to make the end of his video review much scarier. Granted, it's nothing compared to some of the other stuff on this list, but there's always something about being alone in sudden darkness...
- The 2011 Holiday greeting was mostly fun and heartwarming, but Vangelous' greeting was... unnerving to say the least.
- The Internet Personality Vangelus review of Leader-Class Revenge Of The Fallen Optimus Prime ends by taking the movie character's... unique quirks and turning them Up to Eleven.
- The entire "V-Chat" series, painting Vangelus as a truly, truly disturbed individual.
- The final scene in AMV Heaven Episode 3. It has Suede, the nicest guy in the site, pulling a axe with the intent of killing something (probably the him who acts like Benzaie).
- Luke has an inner serial killer. He's terrifying.