* Right at the beginning, the game sets the mood about how you can't trust anything you're seeing at face value by first making the level change right in front of you whenever you approach the exit.
** A few stages later, you start the level by ''dropping right on top of a laser column '''without a chance to save yourself!''''' ...Except not really, you're actually [[InexplicablyIdenticalIndividuals the other guy on the left]]. Who now has a backpack and a grappling hook. ''Huh...!''
*** [[spoiler:And even ''that'' assumption is wrong, as you'll come to find much later in the game...!]]
* Chapter A. Catfish demon [[BodyHorror warps you beyond recognition]]
* Chapter B. Symmetrical level. Two characters. One of them must push a crate on a button to free the other. If you don't do anything, the other will freak out, do it for you and die via laser in the process. [[VideogameCaringPotential You can do it instead]]... but you can't move the other. You died, remember? [[color:lightgray:Subverted: after a while you can.]]
* Chapter C. Halfway in the level the WrapAround stops working at the worst possible moment, throwing you into a pit. Thankfully you save yourself. [[spoiler: Because you landed into a ''pile of corpses.'']]
* Chapter C again. The NonstandardGameover.
* The beginning of each chapter. Specifically, how they change over the various chapters.
* Chapter F. The entire final battle with Fetus. You fight an EldritchAbomination EnfantTerrible in a giant pit made out of corpses. [[spoiler:They are implied to be '''yours''']].
* The ending.
* Each chapter is has name that starts with the letter of the Chapter (Chapter A: Awake). So what's the name of missing Chapter E, that you can't finish? Probably because it's [[spoiler:Escape]].