Nightmare Fuel: Space Dandy
Space Dandy may be much more Denser and Wackier than Watanabe's other works, but...well, it still has its moments of pure horror.
- Mamitas' transformation into the Deathgerian in Episode 3. Fan Disservice, More Teeth than the Osmond Family, Multi Boobage and Nightmare Face all wrapped up into one. Oh yeah, and it also eats Meow once it's done transforming.
- The Zombie Apocalypse in Episode 4 is full of this. But this was Played for Laughs.
- Everyone you know maybe a Chameleonian... well due to how they act this may not be a bad thing... but this is worth its weight in Paranoia Fuel.
- Emo Dandy's Meow. As the others say, it's easy to see why he's given up on life.
- Ukulele Man. His collection of petrified victims would agree to that, if they were alive.
- Carpaccio's descent into madness and suicide. Also, the immolation of Planet Girlfriend.
- In a darkly humorous way, QT and Meow assuming that Dandy was just taking a nap, when he was in fact dead in the second season's eighth episode.
- The true nature of Warping is bound to be this for anyone that isn't as well-adjusted about it as Dandy is.
- Dandy rejected the offer to become God means that the universe will be reborn with no God. However, given that this was an Unreliable Narrator... can we really trust his words that he was God himself or an impersonator? Episode 14 gives us several alternate narrators, so maybe there's multiple Gods floating out in the ether between the multiverse's dimensions.
- Bea's betrayal of Dr. Gel. What makes this unsettling is seeing the usually calm and genial Bea shoot his superior in cold blood before switching into a raving madman as he decides to take the pyonium for himself and attain godhood.
- Bea being crushed to death offscreen by a very pissed off Dr. Gel.