Nightmare Fuel: Rayman 2
- In the early level "Cave of Bad Dreams", you eventually have to escape a legless monster that intends to eat you. This is done by sliding down an obstacle filled course while the camera is framed by the monster's drooling teeth following you.
- The giant spider you face at the beginning of the Canopy level has no doubt scared some players. The music that accompanies that part of the level doesn't help matters either.
- The Zombie Chickens.
- The dark caves with nothing but glowing eyes and a spindly hand reaching out for Rayman. If he gets caught, you get to watch him be slowly strangled and pulled into the cave to die.
- The way Foutch sneaks up on Rayman and slugs him so forcefully he loses one of his "permanent" powers: flying.
- Eig in the PS2 versions, a horrific monster that appears in the Marshes of Awakening, but only makes a split second appearance. Way later, in the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava, he appears out of the water next to a secluded log. If Rayman approaches him, he'll appear to eat him and Rayman dies.
- The giant mechanical robotic dinosaur that guards the Iron Mountains is surprisingly fast for its size, something most players find out as they speed away from it on their walking shells, only to get trampled and killed instantly.
- The music in the Tomb of the Ancients is creepy on both the N64 and Dreamcast versions, but the Dreamcast version is just... it's just...