The kid's show Pingu, for a light-hearted show about a little boy penguin, actually has a lot of scary moments to begin with!
- The infamous Pingu Dreams episode features a nightmare sequence where Pingu is being stalked by a giant mutant walrus/leopard seal hybrid of some sort which plays with him like a toy and eats the mattress from his bed as though it were a chocolate bar. This episode is second only to Pingu's Lavatory Story in terms of its controversy and bans.
- It's drawn level with or beaten the others in bans now. According to The Other Wiki, Pingu Dreams is banned in almost every country in the world, and probably in any alien civilizations that may have picked it up.
- Or, if you are lucky enough to buy a copy of the Swiss French/Chinese framebooks.
- Pingu Quarrels With His Mother begins like any other hijinks episode, with Pingu repeatedly begging his mother to let him go and play with Pingo, but he has to cut and move wooden logs instead. The humour begins to turn sour when he throws an angry stomping fit when told to move the logs. After walking outside, Pingu blows a raspberry, but then gives an evil Death Glare, complete with a Scare Chord! He then begins moving the logs indoors, getting more and more frustrated as he does so, and tries to sneak away and play with his friends, bringing the humour back for a little while, but his mother orders him to return home after discovering that he's left. The music gets more and more forboding as he continues his task, ferrying another basket of logs inside. Pingu stubs his toe, throws logs everywhere, and then violently kicks the table in the middle of the room, shattering the pottery on top. Pingu's mother slaps Pingu violently across the face for him misbehaving and trashing her hard work. The slap comes completely out of nowhere, and the reaction of Pingu afterwards seals the deal. To make matters worse, even the beleaguered parent penguin looks horrified at what they have just done. A while later, the family is seated around the hastily-tidied room, sans Pingu. When his father enters his son's room to investigate, the window's shutters are ominously ajar...
- Pingu Runs Away. Pingu runs off into the night after his parents spank him for misbehaving and he imagines that he sees scary faces in the ice. This one has been banned too, as much as Dream and Lavatory Story, but doesn't seem to have as much exposition as either.
- In a particularly horrifying moment in Pingu Goes Fishing, Pingu yells at Robby while he is lifting up a slab of ice to get to the fish. The slab then falls on his right flipper. Robby raises up the now-limp appendage and begins to weep.
- The episode where Pingu gets into an accident, where he hurts his nose, so that it begins to bleed. Pingu is shown panicking and in pain as blood drips to the floor.
- In one episode, Pingu and his friends get injured and trapped in a hollow in an ice stack after part of it falls down over the entrance. A doctor comes along on his snowmobile to try and help, but he too gets crushed by more falling ice.