- Let's start with the ANMC's. You only catch a glimpse of the first one, in a room where an entire S.W.A.T team was ripped apart. When you finally run into your first one, it's in the final steps of murdering a S.W.A.T officer, who has had his arm ripped off and eye torn out. The thing attacking him looks like it has a human-like face twisted into a vaguely bird-like shape. Then you find out they can make themselves look like people. These S.W.A.T officers thought they were saving a group of terrified civilians, only to get ambushed and slaughtered when they transformed into monsters. The first time you see one do this little trick, you get the pleasure of seeing it in a lovingly detailed cinematic. (Though if you listen to the sound it makes at the end, it can become pretty hilarious.) From there, it just gets better.
- The chasers. Those eyes...
- This is taken to great effect in both cutscenes they appear in they slowly stare at the camera, this in turn makes it look like they are looking into your soul◊
- The Blizzard Chaser boss fight is terrifying. Aya steps outside into a pitch-black night looking for Kyle, and notices a very strange red light... and suddenly you're thrown into a battle with a massive Chaser enemy, who is almost impossible to see unless you're standing right next to a lantern. After you kill it, you expect it to turn into orange goo and the fight to be over...when it suddenly stands back up after sloughing all of it's skin off and forcing you to fight it again, only now its faster and its health has sextupled.note
- The girl in the Akropolis' diner.
- The "Stranger" NMC can mimic human form...until they freak out and kill you horribly.
- The animal testing labs in the Shelter.
- The Apocalyptic Log you find in said animal testing lab.
- The final boss, especially its screaming/crying turning into horrible laughter at the start of the fight.
- Everything about the "failed" monsters. Body Horror in the extreme. But the Mad Chasers take the cake. Desert Chasers that didn't make the cut, with shriveled bodies and a single malformed limb. Why are they called Mad Chasers? Because they cackle at you constantly. Then you shoot them, and they laugh even more.
- Glutton hands down, From its grotesque design to its slow approach right down to its instant death attack, Its one of the most memorable bosses that this troper remembers from the game.
- The Burner, a giant mound of flesh with a vaguely human face, a gigantic maw and what appears to be a flamethrower surgically grafted to its mouth/skull, complete with giant suture wounds, almost constantly making strange elephant-like sounds. It's capable of tearing apart buildings with its bare hands and is tough enough to shrug off even an anti-tank mine. And just when you think it can't get any uglier, you initiate stage two of its boss fight when you blow its face off.
Nightmare Fuel / Parasite Eve 2
Parasite Eve 2 took everything freaky in Parasite Eve and made it even worse. Spoilers below.