Parasite Eve 2
took everything freaky in Parasite Eve
and made it even worse.
- Let's start with the ANMC's. You only catch a glimpse of the first one, in a room where an entire S.W.A.T team was ripped apart. When you finally run into your first one, it's in the final steps of murdering a S.W.A.T officer, who has had his arm ripped off and eye torn out. The thing attacking him looks like it has a human-like face twisted into a vaguely bird-like shape. Then you find out they can make themselves look like people. These S.W.A.T officers thought they were saving a group of terrified civilians, only to get ambushed and slaughtered when they transformed into monsters. The first time you see one do this little trick, you get the pleasure of seeing it in a lovingly detailed cinematic. (Though if you listen to the sound it makes at the end, it can become pretty hilarious.) From there, it just gets better.
- The chasers. Those eyes...
- The girl in the Akropolis' diner.
- The "Stranger" NMC can mimic human form...until they freak out and kill you horribly.
- The animal testing labs in the Shelter.
- The Apocalyptic Log you find in said animal testing lab.
- The final boss, especially its screaming/crying turning into horrible laughter at the start of the fight.
- Everything about the "failed" monsters. Body Horror in the extreme. But the Mad Chasers take the cake. Desert Chasers that didn't make the cut, with shriveled bodies and a single malformed limb. Why are they called Mad Chasers? Because they cackle at you constantly. Then you shoot them, and they laugh even more.