For moments from Not Always Working, see here.
open/close all folders
Not Always Right
From Not Always Right
- The way some customers act like makes you hope you never meet them. They are that frightening.
- The very worst ones are the customers that put themselves and other people around them in harm's way. Or the ones that threaten to or actually do inflict violence on the workers for not immediately satisfying their demands.
- Or people who are madder than a bull in a china shop.
- What do you think eventually happened to this guy?
- Parents like these two examples make you fear for the kids' sake, as they quickly turn into Fridge Horror. The first one wants to buy alcohol for her 16 year old daughter, with the implication that she does so all the time and that the daughter may have a drinking problem. The second one has parents who not only don't care that their son eats junk food, but actually want him to do so and refuse to let him have fruit.
- What's also scary, though maybe on a lesser scale, is how stupid some customers are. Not the ones who just make a minor obvious mistake. The ones who do and say things so dumb, you can't imagine how in the world they've survived for so long. Such as this customer, for example. What makes it especially frightening is the fact that she has three children.
- This guy here, who claims he is late for performing an important surgery. Pray he was just saying that to get them to hurry up. If not... pray he was fired from his job.
- This woman gives off some... uncomfortable implications considering that she not only believes that there are helicopters in her veins that make electric things she touches stop working but the fact that those things actually stop working when she uses them.
- After failing to have her mother's (healthy, living) dogs cremated, who says this customer didn't just kill the dogs herself afterwards?
- Did this girl, who was juggling two cell phones while driving a car, survive after the car is hit? Presumably not.
- This woman is an abysmal parent who doesn't care that her child is drowning. Imagine what could have happened if she paid that little attention to her children somewhere there isn't non-parental supervision.
- There's something horrifying about this woman's reaction after her order contains food that her children are allergic to. Apparently, she can never remember what each child is allergic to. The worst part is that the grandmother seems so resigned to it.
- Just knowing that there are people like this guy, who injures someone with his golf ball and believes that it is his right to do so, can really make you not want to go to a golf course, of all places.
- This one is particularly cringeworthy. He waits in line for two hours with his son for the bumper cars, ignoring the signs telling that his child is too small for the ride. After being told the child is too short, he proceeds to grab his son by the throat and lift him up, claiming since he is being held above the minimum height, he should be allowed to ride.
- This woman is monstrous. Her own husband's life doesn't seem to be worth very much. And, of course, she then has the gall to tell the store that they are "going to sit there and murder my husband!" Which, for all we're shown, could mean she bought the stuff that could kill him anyway.
- This woman who managed to be completely unmoved by her daughter being separated from her. After she finds her child, she gets mad at her for slowing her down. Even worse, the story points out that it's the longest they've had to wait for a parent to come around, and yet she actually tells them, "Next time, just say it’s my daughter so I know not to rush!"
- These parents are even worse. They don't take nearly as long to find their daughter, but as soon as they do they yell at and insult her for "daring" to "run away" (she actually got stuck behind people, they didn't notice). And, of course, their biggest priority is whether they'll have to pay for the sweets the employee gave the girl to help calm her down.
- Another horrifying parent. Who cares if your three-year-old daughter is scared half to death when going to find her would mean someone else may dare to get help from the employee who's helping you?
- It unfortunately won't stop. A little girl is having a severe enough nosebleed that there's a noticeable puddle of her blood on the ground, but her mother ignores the store asking her to head to the service desk for half an hour, then actually calls her a "little brat" and claims it's just for attention. Thankfully, the man that first brought this to the store's attention is heard shouting about protective services and writing down the woman's license plate.
- Even worse, the story implies that the kid has had similar nosebleeds before and they have been similarly ignored. Frequent severe nosebleeds can be a sign of a serious condition.
- And the saga continues Here we have a store employee warning a 9-year-old child not to ride a bicycle through a store because the aisles are too narrow for others to get out of her way, and after she tells the employee to "go to hell" the parents not only cuddle the child, but stare down the employee while they're shopping. Thankfully, they at least had the decency to park the bicycle outside first. Just what kind of monster are these parents trying to raise?
- What kind of parenting classes are they attending? This "mother" doesn't even understand the concept of discipline. Her son just decides to treat cereal boxes on display as his own punching bags, and when the submitter asks her to make him stop, she completely flips her lid and tries to blame her son's behavior on the submitter's "bad attitude", refusing to pay for the damage. She's banned from the store until she pays, but how many times has she gotten away with this behavior before? And how is she going to act if someone tries to remind her the next time she tries to shop there?
- And here, we have a woman who refuses to call 999 when her husband has a heart attack, instead tries to have him removed from their bank account, decides to drive her husband to the bank instead of the hospital, and tries to blame the submitter for her decision, after openly admitting to wanting her husband to die. Fortunately, not only does he survive, he divorces her and has her taken off the bank account.
- This guy here, who goes so far as to continue harassing the waiter even while he is being taken by paramedics (he'd had a seizure)! Even worse because the poor man doesn't seem to fully understand what's happening except that he's being yelled at.
- This man here is horrible. The clerk continually tells him to take his wife, who's in labor, to the hospital and even says the store will reserve the bag for him. Then, when his wife can't wait any longer, he has to the nerve to blame them for making her wait!
- This lady here. Her son supposedly has lung cancer, yet she'd rather try to get her room discounted or free than just repack and move to another room (which the hotel worker offered). And the next day, the worker sees her smoking and her son is sitting next to her, meaning she may have lied about her son having cancer... and that's the best case scenario.
- This woman who signs her daughter out of daycare but doesn't actually pick her up, and then goes to run errands for forty-five minutes, thinking that she'll avoid the late fees that way. When confronted by both the clerk and another child's mother, she tells her daughter that the late fees are her fault for being bad, when her daughter's a model kid. The poor girl ends up crying.
- This one when you put it in hindsight. Teaching your kid it's okay to steal. Nice job, parents.
- This asshole punches a worker in the face for no reason. The poor girl never returns to work because of that, but thankfully, the asshole customer was arrested right on the spot, thanks to two regulars who are police officers.
- This monster not only hits another innocent customer with a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but also proceeds to kick the innocent customer while she's down, and attacks an actual employee who intervenes. Luckily, the employee was able to restrain the assaulter and her ass was thrown in prison. There is no way trying to return a Harry Potter book was worth all that trouble.
- This creep seems to have the worldview that women are only to be used by men, and that women who won't do so should be beaten into obedience and submission. He also seems to believe that it's actually the right of men to beat women. Naturally, he has a long history of domestic violence, and it catches up with him here after a particularly strong-willed woman stands up to him with a draw bar long enough for the police to show up and arrest him. Thankfully, it freaks the customer out enough that she doesn't actually have to use it. Unlike in her previous job, where she beat up a co-worker who tried to assault her, and gave her the reputation of being a "man-beater".
“Women shouldn’t beat men! It’s the other way around! You should break her and make her obedient and submissive, like any good woman!”
- It's twice as disturbing when you analyze the man's behavior for a bit: he uses physical violence and threats against women as everyday problem-solvers apparently without any understanding of the social, moral, or legal issues, but the moment that even a hint of a threat of violence is directed against his own person, he instantly falls apart and utterly panics. A sane person, even a misogynistic one, doesn't react in that way. This man shows all the telltale marks of a child-abuse victim who is imitating his abuser.
- This woman. First she mounts the curb with her SUV, knocks over the display in front of a department store, and leaves it sitting there because she can't find a place to parknote . Naturally, this results in her car being towed and a police report being filed. When she finds this out, hours later, she accuses the manager at that store of stealing the car. Then, it gets worse; she goes into the back room, and starts ransacking the store as "revenge", and is so berserk that the manager has to rush other customers into the fitting rooms so they don't become targets for this woman's rampage. To top it off, after she's inevitably tackled by security and arrested, she complains to corporate, complaining about the customer service and demanding a free gift card! This after causing several hundred dollars worth of property damage and being caught with shoplifted items in her bags!
- This man walks into a salon with a claw hammer, looking for a woman that's never been there. When the workers tell him that, he threatens the receptionist and puts his hammer in the desk, shouting about how the woman he's looking for stole his kids and him showing up to try and attack her will show her and her boss. Thankfully the police showed up quickly, but it's still fairly disturbing. Apart from the fact that he came close to really hurting someone, it makes you wonder just what the hell happened to this guy that drove him to doing something this extreme...
- This woman stole and hid her diabetic husband's medication for a week. And wonders why he collapsed.
- Then there's this lady, who for some reason thinks it's okay to start destroying merchandise because she apparently can't have sugar for some reason. She seems to be somewhat insane, and even after she wrecks a bunch of soda cans tries to go and do the same thing to the liquor aisle. Thankfully she's removed by security before she can cause any more damage but what if she had gotten out of control and hurt someone?
- Possibly more a case of "If I can't have it, nobody else should be able to have it either!"
- Yes, some people will go as far as to attack children when they don't get their way. One can only be thankful that someone was able to intervene—otherwise, the situation could have been far more tragic.
- What happened to this guy? Is he still out wandering Chicago?
- This bitch is a complete and utter monster. She accuses a nine-year-old girl of denting her already heavily beat-up car. The woman then proceeds to mercilessly yell at the girl about how it's her fault, that she's a cow, that her father will get a heart attack from the bill for her car and that she hopes he dies from it, while she attacks the girl. The little girl breaks down crying, and we later learn she was crying because her dad had already suffered a heart attack previously. Thankfully the woman was taken away by the security but then we get this piece of information: the little girl has a mental disability and is scared of the outside world. The whole reason they came out in the first place was to build up her confidence. That's got to be just about the worst thing that could happen to you when you're specifically trying to be able to get over a fear of going out in public — the kind of ridiculous worst-case scenario someone with social anxiety might imagine happening, even though they know it won't. Except sometimes, if you have a very special kind of horrible luck, it does. Thankfully the little girl was able to cope, but Jesus Christ that woman was a walking terror.
- Good God, this man in this story. This man won't donate for a charity for children with a particular disease as he believes natural selection means people with weak genetics have to die, even if it's himself or his children! The cashier and the other customers are shocked by his views.
- This view of the importance of promoting positive hereditary traits and preventing the tramsission of negative ones is known as 'Eugenics', from the Greek for 'Good Birth'. Invented by the Briton Francis Galton in the late 19th century, it was the rationale for the Sterilization laws implemented by 33 US states in the early twentieth century and the Eugenics Bill proposed by Sir Winston Churchill. Association with German Rassenhygiene (Race-Hygiene) laws mandating sterilization for 'Asocials', based upon their American antecedents, and the T-4 euthanasia programme by the Reich Chancellory Office resulted in the cessation of all sterilizations - voluntary and otherwise - within the USA by 1981.
- The man in this story… Dear Lord the man in this story. It starts with the 12-year-old submitter earning money for his low-income family by playing his violin in front of a store. One day a very rude customer accuses him of not needing the money, so the costumer then proceeds to takes his violin and smash it on the ground until it breaks in front of him. Luckily a employee comes out to stop him... and then the customer throws him to the ground and kicks him in the ribs. Repeatedly. Also this is a case where Bystander Syndrome is justified because of just how strong the asshole is. Another man in the crowd tries to help and he loses too. Thankfully the kid gets an awesome moment and there's a happy ending.
- Okay, there is a difference between being mad at someone for believing that they're faking a disability to get better treatment and attacking someone and their service dog for little reason.
- This woman is flat-out frightening. The moment one thing goes wrong, she flips her shit, destroys merchandise and attacks an employee! The worst part is that she had her kid with her, who quietly tried to stop her, and even when the authorities got involved, he remained completely calm. He'd been through situations like this before.
Submitter: Little boy, how are you just so calm in all this?Customer’s Son: This isn’t the first time this has happened. Last time, she kicked someone where it hurts a lot, ’cause he fell over crying and stuff.
- This woman shows off her disturbing Values Dissonance about who it's okay to steal from. How many times has she done this?
- This parent's child steals a customer's wedding ring and claims it is her own, with her mother trying to defend the child when its rightful owner tries to get it back.
- If we could just say "The entire 'Wild & Unruly' section", this page would be a lot shorter. But we can't, so instead, just read this cheerful dittie about a woman who chose to attack an employee who, due to the fact that he's recovering from laser corrective eye surgery, has to wear sunglasses indoors, all the while thinking that it's her right to do so.
- In a few stories where police are involved, someone almost gets arrested based entirely on the word of one person, without so much as an explanation as to what's happening, let alone asking to see if has any basis in actual truth (it never does).
- The absolute insane level of entitlement some of these people exhibit is terrifying. It makes you wonder just how they got to this point. Some of them can probably be explained that they have a mental disorder or similar behavioral issues, but jesus christ, is there a chemical leak somewhere that produces monsters like these? Are they the result of being taught that they should always get everything they want, when they demand it? Are they just assholes who take any chance they can to vent their frustrations on service workers? It boggles the mind!
- This guy is making a homemade flamethrower to kill a wasp infestation.
- One has to wonder if this guy was playing The Walmart Game.
- This mother takes her son to a geology museum, but then accidentally leaves her son there because he fell asleep. Two things that make it worse? They live five hours away from that museum, and she did not notice that she left him behind until the museum calls her - and when they do call her, her first priority is the $500 coat she also left behind, which really makes one wonder how many times this sort of thing has happened before.
- The doctor here may be more notable for his terrible attempt at lying, but given that he had it ready for when the legal office called, who's to say he wasn't okay with the dogs possibly killing the field agent?
- It's really scary to think that this mother was close to cremating her son's lizard who was not quite dead. Though the blow is softened when you realize that even if she did get that far the one in charge would probably have noticed that it was still alive.
- This woman. She actually resorts to abusing her dog, all because it got scared and tried to nip someone while being groomed.
- This one is more conventionally creepy than downright horrifying, but you really have to wonder whether this little girl is a) messing with the employee, or b) not quite right in the head.* Made all the creepier by the fact that she's so polite and well-spoken.
- This woman dropped her dogs off at an animal shelter, thinking it was a boarding kennel... and by "dropped", we mean "dumping them over the fence, resulting in one of them breaking its leg". And then when she comes back five weeks later to get them back and they aren't there (having been spayed and neutered, then put up for adoption and quickly adopted into new homes), she yells obscenities at the worker for 10 minutes and tries to have her arrested. The police officer is thankfully taken into the back room, shown the security video, and arrests the woman. Even when the woman gets sent to court, she's not done: she yells and spits on the judge for agreeing with the "goddamn boarding kennel," er, shelter.
- At least this story reminds us there's some justice in the world: The woman's stupidity meant the dogs got to have (hopefully better) homes, and she was apparently convicted.
- This guy literally sees a woman die right in front of him while giving him a drink and all he cares about is his drink, going so far as to tell them to throw the dead woman's body out back.
- Perhaps less so than most examples on this page, but this story where a manager seems to have no problem with a customer assaulting an employee.
- This customer complains that the car she illegally parked at the submitter's lot for two hours got towed, complaining that her iPad will have probably been stolen from it... and then she casually mentions that her kids were probably still in the car when it was towed, too. She left her kids for two hours, late at night in February where they very well could have frozen to death, and her immediate (if not only) concern is that iPad. Fortunately, the kids were found by the towing company and taken to their office to warm up, and the customer was arrested for endangering them with her negligence.
- This story from Hungary, site of two World Wars. Families are constantly reminded about potential live ordinance and are told to leave them be and contact the proper authorities. Not only has the family in the story not done that, they've placed the mines in the garage, and the seven-year-old son plays with them. And they don't even get why the submitter is so alarmed about this.
- This person sees nothing wrong with shoving a ladder that has someone at the top with a crate of heavy books in his hands. When another customer comes to his rescue after he fell off, the woman accuses him of ignoring her and helping the other customer instead, claiming that he wasn't on a ladder in the first place. All to look for a book to teach her how to smoke without choking on the fumes!
- The woman in this story sounds like she's mentally ill. Just what happened to her after she wandered off alone?
- The "This is why we're in a recession" entries has reached number 41 on July 15, 2015 and each entry is scarier than the one before. Entry 41 has a couple that when a credit card fails to process, pulls out a deck of credit cards and simply moves on to the next one before trying it and seeing if it works, and when it shockingly does, the woman happily says "when one card doesn't work, move on to the next one" with the husband simply nodding.
Other Customer: I feel sorry for the poor card rep who’ll have to explain to those idiots that money isn’t free when they’re $300,000 in debt.
- From 1998, we have this New Jersey mother who decided to take her kids to South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, believing "It’s a cartoon, so it’s for kids," and obviously ignorant of the fact that the movie is rated R because of its content, swearing, offensive humor, and general themes not appropriate for kids, as warned by the clerk manning the ticket sales tells her. The mother obviously ignores the clerk's warnings, so 20 minutes later, she predictably comes back, furious, to confront the clerk and get her money back, thinking “It’s a d*** cartoon. It should be for kids only. That’s made to corrupt the youth!” She then decides to punch the cashier, and then apparently attacks several other customers before she's arrested.
- This pilot disregarded the worker's warning about the runway being closed, and tries to take off on his plane anyway. Thankfully, the hangar doors were shut on him and he was stopped and arrested, but imagine what would've happened if he was able to try and take off while people were working on the runway.
- This woman is trying to get a pharmacist to fill a prescription for her that she knows has ingredients that cause her not one but two allergic reactions that are potentially lethal on their own combined, and what's worse is that the medication in question is a narcotic, a strictly controlled substance. While the pharmacist is literally bending over backwards to try and accommodate her needs and not see her end up, DEAD, she starts screaming, ranting, and shooting Death Glares saying that her twins are waiting at home for her and she's in a hurry, eventually miming to the pharmacist to "shut up" because she doesn't want to hear what the trained professional has to say. The kicker? She had already been given sufficient doses to carry her over to the next day so she didn't have to be in a rush. And people wonder why fewer and fewer pharmacies are 24 hours, and more and more of them are becoming doubly reluctant to dispense medication.
- This poor woman. As if guys who believe they're entitled to grab the ass of complete strangers aren't creepy enough, this guy takes it Up to Eleven. When the waitress, who's only been there two days, the story taking place on the second, complains and politely tells this Casanova Wannabe that she's very uncomfortable with being grabbed, he takes that as an invitation to physically drag her to the exit, so the two of them "could get to know each other better." Fortunately for her, her fellow employees and security were on the ball, but who the heck let him in? And where did he come from? Where did he go? And is he still on the prowl out there somewhere? Considering his bravado, he's probably done this before.
- You just have to feel sorry for this guy. How the heck did he grow up sane if his mother requires an hour lecture on basic human decency, and how societies work, to realize that it is NOT okay to take a CD to the wrong store, without a receipt, throw a tantrum with every manager in the place trying to cater to you, ultimately throwing the CD at the cashier's head?! While the mother claims that she's the one who's hurt and the cashier should stop her whining. The submitter even lampshades it.
- to mother: "Are you insane, or what?!"
- This gun owner endangers not only himself but the Gun store employee and her manager when he refuses to listen to their Gun Safety advice including that he should check if his gun has no bullet inside the chamber, all because he thinks he's knows how guns work cause he's a man while a woman (the employee) doesn't. To prove how right the employee was, the manager fired the gun at a shooting range, revealing that the gun will still fire even if the magazine was removed! The kicker? The gun has a warning in big, bold letters on the barrel that it will still fire even if the magazine is removed when a bullet is in the chamber.
- One has to hope the caller in this story was not talking seriously to either the kids or the call center. Seriously. Signing up for a credit card over the phone while surrounded by kids is stupid enough, but threatening them with violence, while the call, is most likely being recorded, and then admitting that you're a day care worker... Not just scary and stupid, but felonious.
- We have a budding young psychopath here. The "parents" in this story not only seemingly abandon their children in the indoor gym, acting as if it's a free daycare, but the young boy of the children in question is quite emotionally unstable and immediately defaults to violence and death-threats when he doesn't get his way, assaulting anyone and everyone who tries to call him down. When the police arrives and the clerk opens the gate to let the officer in, the child bolts like a homing missile towards his parents! Aside from the fact that the parents act like they had no idea why they're in trouble or the child is crying and throwing a tantrum, there is no mention of the other child's behavior, or how often this has happened. Or how long this child has been left unattended during each occasion. What's scarier, is that the kid screaming "I don't wanna wait! I'll kill you!" while wildly punching and kicking everyone who tries to help him as well as trying to pry the gate open, is only four years old.
- Is this girl trying to get her mother killed? The "daughter" in this story refuses to even listen to the submitter's question which the submitter is required to ask before the elder patron can go to get an MRI, magnetic resonance imaging, scan. Had the elderly "mother" not spoken up, the caretaker going "no, no, NO! She's just as God Made her! Put 'NO' on every question!" could have easily gotten the elderly patient killed, as the elderly patient does have at least one implant, a pacemaker, which does not respond well to going near a microwave oven, let alone through an MRI.
- This pet owner calls into a local vet to report that her cat is having problems defecating. Fair enough so far, but she refuses to give the cat emergency medical attention, even when it's recommended by the vet she called in to, simply because it's allegedly an old cat and she doesn't want to spend that kind of money. When the surgery turns out to be the only treatment possible for her cat, she basically decides to just let it die.
Caller: Nah, he's old. If he can't tough it out, he's had a good life!
- This girl is obviously too young to be watching Jurassic Park.
- This lunatic sees a picture of the submitter's cats, and immediately declares that they're fake. Upon learning that they're real, however, she goes into terrifying Crazy Cat Lady mode, declaring that she'll follow the submitter home and steal her cats if she has to. She really does follow the submitter home, where she's promptly fined by the police. But consider that she knows where the submitter lives now...
- Ladies and gentleman, we have homophobia taken to it's logical extreme. The man in this story outright threatens to kill the submitter and her girlfriend for little reason other than their sexual orientation. When the store's manager threatens to throw him out, he lunges at the girls to kick them out instead. This gets him arrested, but not before he makes several more attempts at attacking the women. If the ending statement is any indication, this isn't the first time he's done this.
- This woman is so batshit insane that she screams multiple obscenities at a worker, then attempts to punch the same worker in the face. When another customer tries to put her in her place, she pulls out a knife and tries to kill her. Thank the almighty that she gets arrested by the security guard at the end of the story...
- While it's quite amusing that this intruder is stupid enough to say he doesn't have an alarm system, the fact that he tried to impersonate the owner has all sorts of chilling implications. Fortunately, the owner was safe and sound in this case, but the reality could very easily have been quite different. One can also only hope that the owner didn't have guests or relatives in his home at the time...
- This Islamophobia story where a racist tries to get a Muslim customer kicked out of the store and arrested, as he's convinced the customer is a terroist trying to blow up the store. Despite a store employee trying calm things done, the racist refuses to leave and won't let the Muslim customer go which forces Security to drag the racist out and banned him for life. And Meta-related, when this story was posted, most users agree the racist was wrong...except for one Facebook user who agree with the racist that all Muslim are terrorists where he gives an Insane Troll Logic as "facts". And the worse part, despite many users calling out this Facebook user for his misconceptions, hypocrisy and Double Standards, that user still stubbornly won't admit he was wrong.
Not Always Romantic
From Not Always Romantic
- This boyfriend. He isolated his girlfriend from her friends and family, and when one of the friends she still has takes her bowling, he immediately confronts her online with "proof" that she's cheating and threats of breaking up to get her to sever her ties. And to top it off, she mentions at the end that she got him arrested for assault once she broke up with him, and then again for stalking after that. What's worse is that the poster makes it perfectly clear that if that one friend hadn't stuck by her no matter what the boyfriend tried to drive her away, she wouldn't have had the courage to leave him. It's a perfect case of Domestic Abuse.
- Another perfect case with this guy. Starts off by deciding his girlfriend wants a kid's meal because "fat chicks are useless" (the girl is maybe a size 9), badmouths a previous girlfriend because she dared to break up with him, and ends with the reveal that he forced her to date him, killed their dog over her spilling something, and was also trying to force her to get a hysterectomy, even though she made it clear that she wanted to have kids someday. Fortunately, this one ends with the boyfriend being arrested and probably put away for a long time, and it turns out the woman found someone much kinder and had a daughter with him.
Not Always Related
From Not Always Related
- This asshole neighbor is a Small Name, Big Ego guy who thinks he runs the street. When the submitter's family moves into the neighborhood and refuses to let him boss them around, he starts harassing the submitter's parents for a year in many Kick the Dog ways. Then the neighbor goes too far when he drags out and attacks the submitter's father from his car while yelling abuse in front of his family! Thankfully, the submitter's grandfather and uncle decides to teach the asshole a lesson by beating the crap outta him and has never bother the submitter's family again.
- Oh, you wished the fuel ended there. The neighbor is probably a Screw the Rules, I Have Connections! guy too. While he was attacking the dad he screamed at him to call the police because he knew they would do nothing. He was right, even though the family was able to get evidence of him being an abusive douchebag he got off scott-free while the uncle was sentenced to community service. How many times have people complained about him only to see he wasn't punished? And his kids are probably going to turn out like him since he beats up people he doesn't like in front of them; he probably tells his kids that he was The Hero.
- This one was Played for Laughs (and it is pretty funny) but the girl in question is way too young to be watching Game of Thrones.
- More Subverted Innocence with a six-year-old girl who already has quite the imagination with her dolls.
- Not something you ever want to hear from a parent:
Dad: But children have no rights! They’re nothing!
Not Always Learning
From Not Always Learning
- This substitute teacher comes to class while high and attacks an Asian student after the student tells him not to call him a "ching-chong". Security has to drag the substitute teacher out of the classroom, and the end implies that this happens often. What's worse is that the submitter who called for security had the receptionist and the security officers act as if they thought it was a prank until they saw the substitute assaulting the student, first hand.
- This mother. Most people would listen to people's warnings when they tell them to not do something, but not this mother. Due to her smugness and thinking her 8-year old son knows about chemicals due to her chemist husband, she ignores the tour guide's warning to her son to not play with the chemistry's lab potassium metal. If it wasn't for a professor who managed to tackle her son away from the potassium before it exploded, her son and possibly the tour group might have been killed!
- This instructor, who didn't notice that two of her students had gone missing - or worse, decided that it wasn't worth it to double back and find them.
- Here's a story about the worst school nurse ever. She's very willing to let a kid suffocate and pass out rather than treat them. It's one thing to be negligent towards an adult, but being negligent towards an impressionable kid, who might grow up to be distrustful of the people who are supposed to save lives, because of one asshole who decided that possibly letting someone die is a better option than doing what she is being paid to do? That's some really great teaching there. Naturally, there's no indication that the nurse faced any sort of repercussions.
- This teacher tries to physically assault a six-year-old girl just because said girl took more than two seconds to get up and leave the classroom. Not even causing any trouble or being loud or anything, the teacher just completely flips her shit because human beings can't teleport on command. The girl is only saved by the sheer coincidence that her mother happened to walk into the room before anything could happen - and the last line implies that the teacher may have already gotten away with it on other kids, though thankfully whatever she's done is enough to get her fired right then and there.
- Some teachers value an exam over their students' lives. One of them had to be knocked out for their own safety after claiming that an actual fire was "special effects" and refusing to leave.
- Not only that one, all the other teachers in the school were apparently completely oblivious to the fire until the heroic teacher broke a window fighting with the "special effects" teacher.
- This must have been absolutely terrifying for everyone involved.
- An autistic student is locked in a closet by the teachers so they don't have to deal with her. The girl's own mother, as well as an outside witness, can do nothing to stop this, since even the administrative staff think it's easier to do this than to get her the help she clearly needs.
- A rather horrifying case of Crime of Self-Defense, where the submitter's fifteen-year-old daughter is in trouble for punching another, much larger classmate in the face... because he kept pulling on her bra string until it came undone, and the teacher and head staff refused to do anything about it or even admit he was doing anything wrong. Fortunately, although it's not mentioned if any jobs were lost after the submitter reported the incident to the Board of Governors and OFSTED, her daughter was at least put in a different class for that subject, where she wouldn't have to deal with the aggressive classmate or the useless teacher anymore.
- There are serious problems in this child's home. Since this first grader thinks the correct response to a child choking is "she needs to learn" rather than accepting medical assistance. Note: This is taking place in a First Aid workshop on treating choking victims.
- Yet another Crime of Self-Defense where the vice principal's son was a Screw the Rules, I Have Connections! bully that despite the submitter's best efforts to avoid him, decides to ambush and start choking him. When the vice principal stumbles on the scene, despite the son changing his story, the vice principal gives them both detention, including the guy who was being choked and trying to breathe because fighting back (which he was not doing) is as bad as attacking. Then the vice principal and his son don't bother to show up for the detention, and only after the submitter actually served the detention, alone, does the clerk bother to mention, to the submitter's mother, that the vice principal had an appointment and the detention would have to be served the next day. Good grief, was the vice principal planning on effectively placing the kid on detention the whole year for being choked by his son, while his son effectively got no punishment? Good thing the submitter's mother was a real Mama Bear and got him out of it (completely—the detention was struck from the student's record as if it had never happened), but what about the rest of the class?
- This teacher is the epitome of Lawful Stupid. At the very beginning, everything looks like standard operating procedure. After all, requiring proof of illness and hospitalization to grant an exemption from a class assignment isn't anything out of the ordinary. When the submitter collapses in class right in front of the teacher, has the wound reopen and start bleeding, and has to be taken to the infirmary before even getting a chance to provide the hospital's name, never mind handing over the paperwork, rather than take this as proof of the student's serious medical condition, the teacher tries to fail the student and the entire class has to go before the principal while the student in is either unconscious or unaware of what's going on for over a half hour. Makes one wonder just what kind of training program teachers go through.
- This principal does not care about the health and well being of his students. A child is summarily ignored by his classmates, unless they decide to torment him, and the principal threatens the one teacher who is trying to do something about it with disciplinary action. Because the child will never learn to communicate with others if he's hiding behind someone's skirt. What, has this principal never heard of Columbine? Or the Unabomber?
- Well. Now we have to wonder how the student in this home-ec class was raised. The home-ec class in question handed out very high-tech anatomically correct baby simulators that the students had to properly care for over a weekend, with keys attached to their wrists so that they couldn't simply pass off the chore to someone else. Classmate #4 had one that would not stop crying (which easily happens with real babies for any number of reasons). Classmate #4 and the classmate's father came up with the "brilliant" idea of hitting the simulator with a hammer, repeatedly, until the crying stops! (The original submitter stated that a feature of these simulators is that if the "baby's" head was snapped backwards, the simulator would not stop crying.) Real life babies have very delicate heads and necks and would certainly react the same way if their heads are snapped backwards.
Not Always Friendly
From Not Always Friendly
- The female writer is alone on the bus when approached by three men. She is out numbered 3:1, they are larger than her, they won't take no for an answer, and are trying to get her to go off with them (without anyone else knowing her whereabouts). Thankfully, this story has a happy ending thanks to a passing good Samaritan.
- The background conversation of these friends is really disturbing.
- This woman, after she and her family survive a car crash, immediately begins chewing out the first group of people to come help them, blaming them for the crash at first and then claiming to have deliberately it set up herself to prove that the Lord would have saved them. Thankfully this wasn't actually the case - the car was faulty, and they were actually on the way to a mechanic to get it fixed - but she's still psychotic enough that her own husband asks for her to be arrested over it just to get away from her; the story ends by noting that he sent the family a card thanking them for saving him and his daughter and noting that he had finally divorced the crazy woman.
- Find the thought of blood vessels in your eyes popping, leaving you with bloodshot eyes that will last a few weeks at the least, bad enough on its own? Try being forcibly exorcised by an old couple who see your eyes as proof of possession by the devil - and consider dunking you under water until you stop struggling the best method.
Woman: “She’s got a devil! That’s why she struggled! The holy water burned it! She needs to be purified!”Bystander: “OR SHE COULD’VE BEEN DROWNING, YOU F*** HAG!”
- The scariest part, is that the "exorcism" seems to have worked according to the submitter's own parting comments.
- There's road hogs, and there's this guy. He seems to think that he doesn't just own the road, he owns the sidewalks too. After being called out on nearly running over a pedestrian, on the sidewalk, he quips back "doesn't matter. Don't walk where I'm driving." As a bus driver for the city, you'd think he'd know better.
- There's something wrong with this ten-year-old boy, who seems to think threatening other kids with rape is fine to get what he wants. When his mother forces him to apologize for what he said, rather than say he was sorry and was wrong to use the word rape, he instead insults the kids he threatened with how they can't take a joke and has a bad sense of humor. We can only hope the boy's mother punished him enough to change that attitude.