- Batman the teddie bear, interrupting the credits with creepy music in "Nerd³ Plays... The Sims 3".
- The Jump Scare at the end of Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- The duck at the end of "Nerd³ Plays... Gone Home". It appears in similar fashion to Batman the teddie bear.
- When playing Cookie Clicker, it starts out innocently enough, with Dan talking about the game and playing it. It then fades to a time-card and then fades back in, showing Dan addicted to the game with ominous music in the background. As the video fades to black, an agonized Dan can be heard.
- While also a Crowning Moment of Funny, Barbie's inspiration wall comes out of nowhere.
- "Vote Kitty President".
- The Disco Dodgeball video was most likely nightmare fuel for anyone named James.
- The Project Zomboid video opens up in The Sims, and as Dan's sim is walking out of the door, he gets attacked and killed by a zombie. The way that the music becomes distorted just adds to it.
- The trailer for Dan's second game, Systems Nominal, which runs pretty much on Nothing Is Scarier, right through the musical sting.
- HELLO PROCRASTINATORS◊.
- "That's the fun thing about modding video games, every game can become an accidental horror game
- In the end of the Universe Sandbox 2 video, Dan causes a black hole that starts sucking him towards it. He shouts "ABORT THE VIDEO-" before the screen smashes to black and stays like that for a while.
- Dan's story about his old office job at the start of his Deus Ex: Mankind Divided video, to explain how he feels about microtransactions.
"In this office, in the center of this office, on a white table, in this glass box... Was the boss's pet. He used to keep it in the office... Kind of a power thing, you know bosses... (...) But it was a spider."
"The case was never opened, the spider never did anything, we never had an interaction, we were never going to have an interaction... But every day in that office I would think about that spider, because it was '''there''', it was- it was behind me, it was always behind me, it was always there, it was always waiting... It was always just sitting there, being a spider, and... I couldn't get over that. (...) As I was working... Spider... Would come into my mind, and it made me leave in the end."