- Seeing the human versions of the Mane Six having such fierce, burning hatred for each other before Twilight comes into the picture is... unsettling, especially when Fluttershy—Fluttershy—flies into a rage.
- While their pony counterparts have been seen snapping and arguing with eachother, very rarely it was with this intensity, at eachother, and generally had the excuse of being under an spell (such as with Discord) or early in their friendship (such as Rarity and Applejack's animosity in Look Before You Sleep, in season one). To make matters worse, for all we know, it's been a while since they last spoke to eachother in a friendly manner — weeks, months, maybe more. Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Sunset Shimmer in her demonic form was bad enough. However, when she puts on the crown and begins to transform and corrupt it, there is the horrible little detail that she is crying as she transforms. Broken Tears? Tears of Fear? Tears of Remorse? Painful Transformation? Whatever the reason, from her expression it is clear that she is not getting what she thought she would. Even worse, as the transformation works its way up her neck those tears evaporate from the heat.
- The zombie-like moaning of the brainwashed Canterlot High students is more than a little creepy. "Ohhhhh..."
- These costumed mascots that were meant to promote the movie in Peru fall into the deepest depths of the Uncanny Valley due to their faces being stuck in the same creepy smile. Later on, photos of the the other 3 surfaced too.
- In the Novelization, Twilight had the disturbing thought that Sunset's pony form is also a disguise, and the demon transformation is in fact her original form. It's only a guess Twilight had (and the sequels, if anything, deny this), but still a troubling idea.
Chills went down Twilight's spine. Was this Sunset Shimmer's true form? All this time she'd thought Sunset was just some pony from Canterlot, which was clearly not the case.
- Something that will scare the adults and the pet owners—Snips and Snails dog-napping Spike after Twilight is crowned Princess of the Fall Formal.
- It's a miracle no police or SWAT-teams were scrambled during the climax; Twilight and Sunset might have gotten a crash-course in how we survived without magic.
- Likewise, it's a miracle no criminal charges were filed. Assuming, of course, that there's an agency that'd take it seriously, Sunset would face hefty charges. At least six counts of attempted murder, and oh yeah, trying to raise an army of child soldiers.