Nightmare Fuel: Medium
Medium has its fair share of Nightmare Fuel, but that's justified that technically speaking, it is a show mainly about nightmares coming true. Spoilers below.
- The second episode, in which a couple therapist encourages a man to murder his wife and looks perversely pleased when a splatter of blood hits her in the face.
- Another one opens quite nicely, with a family photobook, telling the story of a young man who loved animals and a young girl who was the prettiest in her school... Jeffrey Dahmer and one of the Manson girls.
- We have Joe coming home and finding a bloody, psychotic Ariel with an axe in her hands.
- And let's not take into account the Libra Killer or the Halloween episode 'Bite Me'.
- Also disturbing were, in season 4, her dreams about what happened to Cynthia's daughter.
- There's also the fact that just killing someone isn't enough, especially if they know about the afterlife.
- Diedrich Bader in a bikini from the notorious 2009 episode Will The Real Fred Rovick Stand Up? His character wasn't a Wholesome Crossdresser, but an identity thief. It can scare the living daylights out of people, this episode.
- The idea that dead serial killers can continue to possess people for eternity?
- The season one episode with the "Good Samaritan". Allison knows that he's a horrific Serial Killer who kidnaps, rapes and murders young women (who all go with him willingly because he seems like such a Nice Guy), but she can't do anything about it - because it hasn't happened yet. All she can do is warn the first of his victims and hope she'll remember it in seven years.