Nightmare Fuel: Madagascar
- For kids however, Teetsi.
- When Melman tries to make his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Alex's nightmare in the third movie where he and his friends grow old and still in Africa. Of course, they are exaggerated and Alex's "I aged well" line is pretty funny, but the implications...
- It's quite a shock to see the Penguins zooming off into the distance...and then the camera zooms out to show the surrounding savannah being gray and lifeless...
- Captain DuBois pulling out a saw to behead Alex with, then later attempting to shoot him with a poison dart, right in front of the crowd!
- Not only that, but Dubois also takes the Scarily Competent Tracker aspect to ridiculous and very creepy levels: Just from smelling and tasting tracks left behind she can not only identify all sorts of impossible things about her quarry (height, weight, what they last ate), but she actually sees ghostly after-images of them showing their last actions.
- Alex's growing Sanity Slippage as he becomes a true, wild, hungry lion out to eat his own friends as they're trapped in Madagascar during the first movie.
- Alex's creepy nightmare.
- For Alex, when he was in a crate at sea in the first movie. He was probably having unwanted flashbacks to when he was a cub, which we see in the second movie.
- Vitaly's dark and troubled backstory of screwing the ring jump by lighting the hoop on fire and coating himself with olive oil. The result is still extremely disturbing despite the Gory Discretion Shot.
Stefano: He flied to close to the sun and he got burned—literally. The extra virgin olive oil is extra flammable.