Nightmare Fuel: Life After People
Abandoned towns are already frightening enough, but seeing the entire world with no people is even scarier.
Present-day populated locations
- Seeing your home city being abandoned in the series combines both Nightmare Fuel and Tear Jerker
- The entirety of Los Angeles being engulfed by a wildfire 10-15 years after people is really unnerving.
- A San Francisco cable car's cable snaps, sending it going downhill. In fact, it goes so fast that it ploughs through a car.
- The dead zones around nuclear power plants.
- The fate of the "Crypt of Civilisation".
- The episode "The Last Supper" is not for the weak of stomach. Here's a pleasant image: an entire supermarket filled with rotting food and infested with rats and insects.
- An oil refinery near Houston explodes just an HOUR after people.
Present-day abandoned locations