King Of The Hill is a pretty laid-back cartoon, but it is made by the same guy who introduced the world to Beavis And Butthead
, so there are some moments that come off as nightmarish.
- The last ten seconds of "Plastic White Female".
- Peggy's hellish nightmare in "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret Hill".
Hank: That's a clean burning Hell, I'll tell you what!
- Hank's nightmare in "The Man Who Shot Cane Skretteberg". The Deranged Animation in that scene is icing on the cake.
- "Hilloween" features Bobby's Imagine Spot of his father as Satan laughing demonically at the screen.
- When Bill becomes interested in a dog-dancing contest in "Dances With Dogs", he attempts to train a savage Rottweiler that attacks him almost instantly. Even when the dog is sedated, we see its dream of mauling Bill.
- The ending of "Fun with Jane and Jane" where Buck Strickland is attacked by the emus he tried to have Hank kill.
- The Omega House cult of the same episode is also really Nightmare Fuel-inducing. A Manipulative Bitch takes in young women seeking a place to be among others and effectively brainwashes them into becoming complacent slaves for a jam-making farm. Seeing a starved Luanne trying to ask Hank for help is both depressing and disturbing. And what's more, as Dale notes, they've been doing it for some time now. And while Hank and the guys manage to save Luanne, Peggy, and the latest group from being enslaved, the leader Jane isn't arrested or detained.
- She is royally pissed off, however.
- "Pigmalion": the Halloween Episode, in which Trip Larson (voiced by Michael Keaton), pork and pork-product mogul, falls in love with Luanne, tries to turn her into the product's mascot and tries to turn them into pork products on a Conveyor Belt-O-Doom, all because of his schizophrenia. Luanne gets out okay. Trip, however, ended up hacked to pieces after an electric shock clears his schizophrenic mind — and makes him realize too late that he's on the kill line.
Luanne: Well, at least Trip seemed happy, and now he's in a better place.
Peggy: Honey, Trip had a mental breakdown and is now a sausage. That's not a better place.
- In the episode "Texas City Twister", as Hank is stopped by some workers investigating a poison spill on his way to rescue his family, a lightning flash briefly causes him to imagine a worker as the Grim Reaper.