Nightmare Fuel: Jet Set Radio
For a game about skating and breaking the law, Jet Set Radio
does have its moments of sheer terror.
- "Grace and Glory" from Jet Set Radio Classic. The level it plays in, "Final Groove", also counts, if it weren't for those silly rhinos who look like theme park mascots...
- In Jet Set Radio Future, the final level is straight-up Nightmare Fuel, however (and What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?).
- The main villain's goal in Classic is a wee bit unsettling. He is trying to collect all of the pieces of a satanic record that is said to summon demons. It later turns out to be a hoax, but still...
- Near the end of JSRF, you must rescue Yoyo from the Fortified Residential Zone, which is set to explode in 20 minutes. Yes, the police and the Golden Rhinos are crazed killers and try to kill the GGs throughout the course of the game, and it was all played for laughs then, but what brings this into Nightmare Fuel territory is the fact that Yoyo is only 12-14 years old, and they're going to blow him up along with an entire residential area. Again, they're going to blow up a 12-14 year old boy, and take out an entire residential district along with him. That just drives the point home on how evil they really are.
- Hopefully, the whole district and surrounding areas were evacuated fully and safely before the villains decided to blow up the Fortified Residential Zone. Considering how crazy the villains are, though...
- Rhyth's face in JSRF. Just that dead, emotionless, freaky stare of hers, that looks as if she is staring into your soul. AAAGH!
- In All-Stars Racing Transformed, Beat and Gum went for a dip in the Uncanny Valley. Beat looks like the developers were trying too hard to make him look like a real person,◊ and as for Gum, she has a really terrifying face for her in-game model.◊ (her official artwork looks just fine though)
- Better yet, when you finish a World Tour mission or a Time Trial as Beat, if you wait long enough, he will start breathing from his mouth, and he looks downright freaky as he does so.