Nightmare Fuel / Iron Man
"There's so many applications for causing short-term paralysis."
- Tony's capture, imprisonment, and hazy surgery. Being held hostage in a part of the world where a lot of people will hate your guts, no one knows where you are, and these people are more than ready to execute you slowly. The scene of the terrorists filming their demands is quite chilling.
- Made worse in that when he's being dunked under water, the car-battery that's keeping him alive is shown sparking and nearly shorting out, meaning that Tony's not only being nearly drowned, but suffering mild electrocution and cardiac arrest at the same time!
- Horrifyingly, Tony wakes up while he the arc reactor is being grafted to him. He can only scream in agonising pain before being put under hurried anaesthesia.
- The Ten Rings' invasion of Gulmira.
- Stane's paralyzing Tony and pulling out his arc reactor, all the while never dropping his Affably Evil personality and casually telling him that he's going to murder Pepper before leaving Tony to die a slow and painful death of shrapnel in the heart.
- The terrorist leader being left to the mercy of those he had been kidnapping and murdering.
- Stane gives quite a lot of this. He's always Affably Evil, he often seems like he's acting in Tony's best interests, and yet he's an Omnicidal Maniac by the end of the movie.
- The scene where Pepper and Coulson come to arrest Stane at Stark Industries, especially when Pepper is alone. She walks over to some chains, and we know Stane finished his Iron Monger suit not long ago. But we've never seen the full armor. And then the arc reactor lights up, and the POV camera moves up, and Pepper begins to run. Cut to her and the agents pulling a Screw This I'm Out Of Here, while something huge tears apart the lab behind them and chases them. It's chilling.