open/close all folders
Anime (Including the OVAs) and Manga
- Even if the series is very light-hearted, and even if they are specifically stated to use non-penetrating rounds and a "carbon lining" that protects the crew from shockwave and spalling, we've seen so far many things that could have perfectly killed the crews even with those safety measures; things like tanks falling in deep water - TWICE (usual result: drowned crew), flipped around by a HE shell over their turrets (usual result: maiming, crushing, ripping apart and/or decapitating the crew), catching fire by battle damage in their ammo bins (usual result: crew burnt alive and/or ammo explosion), being about to fall from a Rope Bridge (usual result: do we have to explain it?), firing machineguns and cannons straight at unprotected crewmen (usual result: not pretty), Mako was once about to be run over by a tank's treads, and Pazomi once showed symptoms (difficulty to remain awake) of hypothermia. In short, even if Sensha-dõ is sold as a sport and not a war, it seems to be a VERY risky school activity with the possibility of VERY gruesome deaths. note
- This◊ Episode 11 scene (static version◊ as backup). As if the Maus was not scary enough by itself, it causes some horrific (yet non-lethal!) damage.
- Episode 12 brings even more ways of getting killed in an accident. Turtle team about to be crushed, tank and all, under a huge weight (188 tons), and Erika risking being beheaded by popping her head out of the turret while her tank drives under a low ceiling. note
- The very idea of being Shiho Nishizumi's daughter and being raised in her house may chill even a warrior's spine. In-Universe, it chills two warriors' spines.
- The Reveal of the University Team's Mörser Karl, which can't even be called a tank (both in and out of universe), but more of a BFG on wheels. The force of impact from its shells alone is enough to knock lesser tanks clean off the ground! The fact that this is a sport and that you'd have to go out of your way to actually get hurt (and some other stuff) does nothing to make the resulting explosions less horrifying.
- Almost as bad, the reason why its use was even allowed: The Head of the MEXT School Carriers Department, AKA the glasses dick face who arranged to have Oarai closed down if they didn't win the tourney from the series only do so anyway despite their victory personally approved its use as one of his many stacking ways to screw over Oarai, which at this point is just an act of spite. It makes one fear just how far the corruption spreads.
- If you are looking for some Rule 34 material of G&P, do not even try Takotsuboya's doujin manga. It twists every piece of setting to create a senseless bloodbath, apparently because real WWII is not dark enough. Seriously, Pravda has mass graves? Kuromorimine has concentration camps?
- The tanks in the doujins don't have "non-penetrating shells" or "carbon-lining protection". No, if a tank gets penetrated by another, the tank blows up in a fiery inferno, with the girls still in it.
- Limitation on weapons existing in GuP are also lifted, we have girls with sniper rifles hunting down the tank girls, flamethrower tanks torching exposed crew members, Nazis executing prisoners with machine guns, Katyusha rockets barrage enemy lines, anti-tank weapons used by infantry (with associated risks). Note that we haven't changed the fact that the combatants are all still school girls.
- If all that above wasn't bad enough for you, Uziga Waita has done a work on the series. Yeah, the most infamous guro hentai artist in Rule 34. We'll leave the rest to your imaginations.
- Takotsuboya's doujin series also drives into the Adult Fear, Psychological Horror and Fridge Horror sections of Nightmare Fuel in Girls und Panzer. What sort of high school girl would participate in a blood sport? Answer, none. They were tricked into that style of Senshadou combat. Imagine sending your daughter into what you thought was American Gladiators only for her to be thrown into a pit with a hungry lion. That is what the Senshadou Federation's Bait and Switch on the rules essentially did. No sane girl would actually practice Senshadou otherwise. Why would these girls kill? It is simply to avoid their own death. What happens when you hesitate? You die. What sort of casualties does this produce? Total. Kuromorimine's past year team only has two survivors and they were last year's finalist. Ooarai's winning team has just one survivor. Basically dozens of girls are expected to die in each match. Senshadou is simply not sustainable as a voluntary sport without the massive Handwave that protects the crews from the Nightmare Fuel aspects of their sport.