Though most of the show is just wacky
, several segments have twisted the surreal too far
- Canti emerging out of Naota's head, complete with Mamimi collapsing from "overflowing" via headache, Body Horror, and fast-paced music.
- Any person infected with N.O. appears to have no brain judging from the X-rays done on Naota's head.
- Turns out that the substance, for some wierd reason, actually shields the infectee's brain from being detected by X-rays
- Any time when the song Advice plays, which means that something is about to emerge out of an N.O. infectee's head and the ensuing Body Horror.
- In episode four, the entire scene where Naota ends up smashing the TV. Everything leading up to it is just so jarringly creepy.
- In episode five, although a blink-it-or-miss-it shot, as Haruko flies out of the smoke cause by the giant bullets being shot at her exploding, if one manages to stop at a specific shot, one will see her with a Slasher Smile, sharp teeth, and Hellish Pupils.