Nightmare Fuel: Die Hard
Yes, even in the Die Hard film series, there is a great source of Nightmare Fuel. Die Hard 2 examples have been moved here.
- Hans Gruber on the outside seems like a nice evil man, but in the inside lays an eviler man whose ultimate plan was to blow the roof where the hostages were during the FBI's tradeoff and walk away in the confusion.
- Ellis' murder. We see it coming it but the fact it shows that Hans is willing to kill someone "close" to John McClane just to prove a point.
- The music when Hans Gruber plummets to his death.
Die Hard With A Vengeance
- The way Katya gleefully tears the helpless security guard apart with her dagger, and would not even let his mangled corpse fall to the floor until Simon stops her.
- And the way she smiles while kills her other half by shooting him to death.
Live Free Or Die Hard / Die Hard 4.0
- Gabriel opening both ends of a one-way tunnel that McClane and Farrell are traveling through, and then shutting the lights off. The man to whom he orders this actually hesitates. The ensuing wreckage likely killed or at least seriously injured dozens of innocent people.
- Gabriel and his men broadcast their video message to the media, which is made by splicing clips of dialogue from speeches given by every single President from FDR up to George W. Bush. Here's a transcript:
[We hear "Hail to the Chief" played over an image of an American flag. Suddenly, the music slows down and loses pitch]John F. Kennedy: My fellow Americans:Ronald Reagan: It is time toHarry Truman: strikeGeorge W. Bush: fearGeorge H. W. Bush: intoFranklin Roosevelt: the minds ofGeorge W. Bush: the citizenry.John F. Kennedy: Ask not what your country can doGeorge W. Bush: to avertBill Clinton: thisJimmy Carter: crisis. The answer isHarry Truman: nothing whatsoever.George W. Bush: Our militaryRonald Reagan: strengthRichard Nixon: isRonald Reagan: inBill Clinton: thisGeorge W. Bush: caseFranklin D. Roosevelt: useless!George H. W. Bush: Read my lips:Ronald Reagan: TheGeorge W. Bush: greatJimmy Carter: confidentRichard Nixon: roarGeorge W. Bush: ofRonald Reagan: the AmericanRonald Reagan: progressLyndon B. Johnson: andGerald Ford: growthGeorge W. Bush: hasFranklin D. Roosevelt: comeHarry Truman: toRichard Nixon: an end.George W. Bush: All theHarry Truman: vitalBill Clinton: technologyRichard Nixon: thatGeorge W. Bush: thisLyndon B. Johnson: nationGerald Ford: holdsFranklin Roosevelt: dear -John F. Kennedy: allBill Clinton: communication,Gerald Ford: transportation,Bill Clinton: InternetBill Clinton: connectivity,George W. Bush: electricalGeorge W. Bush: power,John F. Kennedy: criticalBill Clinton: utilities -Lyndon B. Johnson: TheirRonald Reagan: fateGeorge W. Bush: nowFranklin Roosevelt: restsRonald Reagan: inRichard Nixon: ourGeorge W. Bush: hands.George W. Bush: We will not tire. We will not falter. And we will not fail.George W. Bush: Thank you.Richard Nixon: And aGeorge W. Bush: happyGeorge W. Bush: Independence DayDwight D. Eisenhower: to everyone.[the footage ends]Casper: [impressed] That was creepy!Trey: I tried to find more Nixon.
- Then there's the message Trey writes, overlapped with an image of the Capitol Building, which then blows up.