- Hans Gruber on the outside seems like a nice evil man, but in the inside lays an eviler man whose ultimate plan was to blow the roof where the hostages were during the FBI's tradeoff and walk away in the confusion.
- Takagi's murder, where Hans blows his brains out when he fails to divulge the vault code. To make things worse, John sees the entire thing and was in no position to save his life.
- John leaving Tony's body for the terrorists to find with a cryptic warning written across his shirt. Fritz's mortified expression as the elevator opens says it all.
- Watch closely and you'll sometimes see bits of flesh come off the terrorists as McClane takes them out one by one.
- John forced to escape through the vents, nearly falling to his death inside the main shaft. It was purely dumb luck that he was able to stop his fall before plunging to the bottom.
- Ellis' murder. We see it coming it but the fact it shows that Hans is willing to kill someone "close" to John McClane just to prove a point.
- John escaping the shootout and then dragging himself into a restroom as his foot leaves a huge trail of blood in its wake; not helped by the image of John removing the glass from his sole; Unsurprisingly, test audiences were reportedly horrified by this bit.
- The music when Hans Gruber plummets to his death.
Die Hard 2
- Colonel Stuart, who is nothing short of a true psychopath as he causes the crash of a plane loaded with over two hundred passengers and crew just to make a point to the airport authorities trying to resist him.
- That said, the crash of the British airliner itself, where we watch the hundreds of terrified passengers and crew as their plane erupts into a massive fireball, leaving no one alive as it barrels down the runway.
- Major Grant's death. Even John is visibly disturbed when he sees the man ground to a bloody pulp by the plane's engines.
Die Hard With A Vengeance
- The way Katya gleefully tears the helpless security guard apart with her dagger, and would not even let his mangled corpse fall to the floor until Simon stops her.
- And the way she smiles while kills her other half by shooting him to death.
- John and Zeus dispatch one of Simon's henchmen on the freighter by sending a crane flying his way. They are later seen dragging away the two halves of his body.
Live Free Or Die Hard / Die Hard 4.0
- Gabriel opening both ends of a one-way tunnel that McClane and Farrell are traveling through, and then shutting the lights off. The man to whom he orders this actually hesitates. The ensuing wreckage likely killed or at least seriously injured dozens of innocent people.
- Gabriel even berates the man for hesitating - not only does Gabriel see nothing wrong with this level of wanton destruction, he considers not wanting people to die a weakness.
- Gabriel and his men broadcast their video message to the media, which is made by splicing clips of dialogue from speeches given by every single President from FDR up to George W. Bush. Here's a transcript:
[We hear "Hail to the Chief" played over an image of an American flag. Suddenly, the music slows down and loses pitch]John F. Kennedy: My fellow Americans:Ronald Reagan: It is time toHarry Truman: strikeGeorge W. Bush: fearGeorge H. W. Bush: intoFranklin Roosevelt: the minds ofGeorge W. Bush: the citizenry.John F. Kennedy: Ask not what your country can doGeorge W. Bush: to avertBill Clinton: thisJimmy Carter: crisis. The answer isHarry Truman: nothing whatsoever.George W. Bush: Our militaryRonald Reagan: strengthRichard Nixon: isRonald Reagan: inBill Clinton: thisGeorge W. Bush: caseFranklin D. Roosevelt: useless!George H. W. Bush: Read my lips:Ronald Reagan: TheGeorge W. Bush: greatJimmy Carter: confidentRichard Nixon: roarGeorge W. Bush: ofRonald Reagan: the AmericanRonald Reagan: progressLyndon B. Johnson: andGerald Ford: growthGeorge W. Bush: hasFranklin D. Roosevelt: comeHarry Truman: toRichard Nixon: an end.George W. Bush: All theHarry Truman: vitalBill Clinton: technologyRichard Nixon: thatGeorge W. Bush: thisLyndon B. Johnson: nationGerald Ford: holdsFranklin Roosevelt: dear -John F. Kennedy: allBill Clinton: communication,Gerald Ford: transportation,Bill Clinton: InternetBill Clinton: connectivity,George W. Bush: electricalGeorge W. Bush: power,John F. Kennedy: criticalBill Clinton: utilities -Lyndon B. Johnson: TheirRonald Reagan: fateGeorge W. Bush: nowFranklin Roosevelt: restsRonald Reagan: inRichard Nixon: ourGeorge W. Bush: hands.George W. Bush: We will not tire. We will not falter. And we will not fail.George W. Bush: Thank you.Richard Nixon: And aGeorge W. Bush: happyGeorge W. Bush: Independence DayDwight D. Eisenhower: to everyone.[the footage ends]Casper: [impressed] That was creepy!Trey: I tried to find more Nixon.
- Then there's the message Trey writes, overlapped with an image of the Capitol Building, which then blows up.