Nightmare Fuel: Diamond In The Rough
Would you like to come to Gensokyo with me?
Added based on the reactions of test viewers. Nightmare Fuel from released episodes will be out in the open. Nightmare Fuel from the movie will be in a separate folder.
- Yukari Yakumo, who succeeds at being creepy whenever she wants to be. Current highlights include...
- Brolli's encounter with Rumia.
- The Screening Pre-Show and Episode 2 Credits picture for Rumia.
- Rumia gets even worse in Episode 8 when she transforms into EX-Rumia, complete with glowing red eyes.
- Komachi when she's serious.
- The Movie-Within-A-Movie, A Majcher Mistake. Starts out as a goofy telling about a Marty Stu like Brolli, but then turns dark when he strikes up a deal with Yuuka to kill as many children in the human village as possible in exchange for sex. Extreme Soundtrack Dissonance ensues. The ending has the title character Deader Than Dead when he is dropped into Hell.
- Brolli killing Kaguya through an air embolism. Even if she is immortal and was threatening him, it doesn't make it any more pleasant to see. Especially her face when she is futilely gasping for air.
- What really happened between Arturo and Yuuka. Apparently Yuuka was bluffing when she requested Arturo to kill the children. Of course Arturo doesn't accept this and rapes her. We also find out how Arturo really died. Vic stabbed him and Mokou finished him off. Oh and if that wasn't bad enough Vic blames Yuuka for this and has Mokou burn down her flower field in retaliation, which happened to also house survivors from the human village.
- During the fight between the Diamondback Beasts and Flandre one of their attacks burns her, reducing her to a skeleton. The horrifying part comes when she talks while still like that before respawning. Also there is the whole "Collapsing the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion on top of her" bit at the end.
- Gensokyo turning into a warzone, with widescale destruction on all fronts.
- What happened to the Kappa Valley after Nitori gave away one-too-many things to the Marty Stu gappies for their inventions.
- Brolli's scream upon the realization his presence is destroying Gensokyo and he's about to die and go to Hell; it could have been a sad on its own, but it's not in text: you actually hear Brolli screaming.
- The Climax. Brolli has essentially caused the death of hundreds of Tengu and Kappa, he is defenseless, and nearly all of his former friends are out to kill him. To make matters even worse, all the people who are trying to save him are being hunted down by the majority of Gensokyo. Even worse, Brolli is locked in a battle with one of his former friends and the only person to have never legitimately lost a battle in Gensokyo, and even if Brolli somehow does win, everyone else will eventually kill him. To top it all off, Brolli will go to Hell if he dies, and since Failure Is the Only Option... well...
- The Epilogue, which doubles into Tearjerker.
- The fate of Brolli's beasts, who are trapped in Brolli's rotting corpse for eternity as it's rotting away. This would be bad enough, but because Brolli's mind is rotting away, it's running out of space, so they're going to be crushed for eternity as well. It gets worse: the last shot we see of the beasts is them getting smashed while Brolli's body is still somewhat in-tact, so you can only imagine what will happen when his entire body is gone...
- Reisen's fate, crossing over into Adult Fear: Brolli, who he loved dearly, has been murdered and everyone got away with it, but the real horror comes when Eirin tells Tewi to inform Reisen she'll be miscarrying Brolli's child since his Marty Stu DNA is too much for her. To make matters worse, Tewi is shocked she must do it, but Eirin calls her out on all the times she's pranked Reisen throughout the movie, so she has no other choice. This is all topped off by Reisen letting out a huge scream, and we're not sure in Tewi told her, if Reisen found out on her own, or Tewi told her and Reisen found out moments after.
- The Reveal about why Yukari gaps in children and the nature of Yukari's meat locker. The meat locker scene often causes then entire uStream chat to scream "EEEW!!!" or "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!" And you know what the scariest thing is? THIS IS CANON! In Perfect Cherry Blossom, Yukari admits to Sakuya/Marisa she stocks up on humans. In Perfect Memento In Strict Sense, the section on outsiders says that a youkai will eat a human if they get bored with them, while the section about Yukari questions how she can be a youkai if she does not attack humans, only speculating she attacks humans from the outside world. In Wild And Horned Hermit chapter 14, Yukari openly admits Gensokyo's youkai get their humans from the outside world. If it helps, her relationship with Yuyuko (and Yukari's concern for Brolli prior to causing the incident) proves that she can have good friendships with humans. Chances are you can escape being eaten by her if you aren't gapped...
- During the end credits, there is a shot of Brolli's hat at the bottom of the Sanzu River next to a bunch of skeletons. It is wildly speculated that they are Brolli's previous incarnations, but it turns out not to be the case: they're the previous other Gappies who Komachi has thrown into the river. That's not the scary part: since they're technically spirits, they cannot die any further, so the skeletons are still sentient, stuck at the bottom of the river for eternity.