This game series is literally filling with horrors and we have to be careful.
and Diablo III
have their own
- Sure the creepy dark seems pretty standard dungeon-crawler fare, but when you start reading into the lore of the world, and asking about some of the quests...
- The Zakarum Cathedral of Tristram, dark and endless and full of all kinds of monstrosities.
- The Darkening of Tristram as described in the Librarius Ex Horadrim from the Diablo I Manual, particularly the vivid description of the possession of young Prince Albrecht by Diablo himself, and the horrific effects it has upon both the poor kid and the surrounding vicinity of the labyrinth.
- Special mention goes to "The Butcher", a huge, fat demon who makes his residence in Tristram's church. In a room completely filled wall-to-wall with corpses somewhere above the first floor. He killed a fairly large regiment of soldiers by himself, and he'll probably kill you without a problem, too.
- Of course there's the ending too, although in particular when you defeat Diablo as a Rogue. Her scream in the final FMV sequence is nothing short of genuinely chilling.
- This soundtrack.
- Diablo has possessed your character.