Once the illusion of the mall's consumer paradise fades away, you realise that you're trapped in there... forever....
From the 1978 film:
- The original is actually worse with this with Gorn levels of violence.
- The racist cop in the raid running amok killing off random refugees with reckless glee before getting gunned down. We're treated to an extreme close-up of one of his victims.
- A biker trying to use the heart-rate monitor machine gets his arm ripped off by a swarm of zombies surrounding him.
- The original ending would have had Francine commit suicide by sticking her head into the rotating helicopter blades.
- Peter's “Let’s say the lady gets killed… you’d be able to chop off her head?” line in the Argento-cut.
- The tagline: "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
- The opening havoc in the newsroom. Exposition aside, it shows how much society is slowly collapsing before we even see a single zombie.
From the 2004 film