Everything begins with a single click. Within a few hours, your cookie production frenzy reaches levels that will make you feel regret
- As you earn achievements, the pool of milk turns brown (chocolate), and then... red. It's supposed to be "raspberry milk," an Author Appeal substance that most players have never heard of. Instead, you're likely to think it's a huge pool of blood. The fact that it turns red around the time you hit the Grandmapocalypse doesn't help.
- Note that the milk wasn't labeled at first, so you just had the colour to go by, pretty much everybody thought it was meant to be blood until the label was added to the stats screen.
- The Grandmapoyalypse itself, featuring things such as giant Eldritch Abomination Grandmas that threaten entire cities and secrete cookies and sugar, other otherworldly abominations wanting to try your cookies, and "highways of flesh".
- Even without the Grandmapocalypse, you have things such as a time machine that steals cookies from the past, cookies becoming such Serious Business that they become the lifeblood of the world economy and showing allergic reactions to them brands you as a social outcast, devices that convert antimatter into cookies, and producing so many cookies that every last molecule in the universe turns into cookies!
- All of these horrible and creepy things happen just so you can build a massive cookie empire. When you snap out of it, you will most likely never eat cookies or approach elderly women (especially your own grandmothers, if any) again for a long time.
- 1.039 adds Wrinklers◊. They're large, fleshy parasites that start appearing when you trigger the Grandmapocalypse, and they suck your CPS if they get to your big cookie. Luckily, despite their appearance, they're nothing more than a nuisance. That, and they can actually HELP bake cookies through idling with them and THEN killing them.
- There's also the grandma's purchase icon shifting as the grandmapocalypse advances. There's absolutely no previous warning of this, so it'll certainly catch you by surprise.