- Before undergoing Badass Decay, the Tagged's introduction is more than a little creepy. The sight of a pair of stitched together giants that are Body Horror incarnate are already alarming given the comic's normally light tone, and even Grootly looks terrified when a scared-stiff Nin Wah gets shoved out the door. We don't get to see what happens when the door closes, but we do catch a shadowy glimpse of Moose screaming as a tentacle lunges towards him.
- The sheer dissonance of Fortiscue's cheerful attitude as he carts in a pair of amputated antlers that still have some bloody skull attatched is surprisingly unnerving.
It's a good thing you didn't want any of the skull!
- And if the goons we already saw weren't creepy enough, Nin Wah ends up having to face a hoard of even freakier ones!
- The sixth panel of this page. Normally, Zenith's crazy evil faces are funny. But here, instead of over-the-top rage, her face sports a Slasher Smile as she creepily sings about shredding our protagonists with her claws.
- After shorting out and crashing from a Logic Bomb, poor Safe Mode Zenith spends the next comic laid out on the floor, her glowing eyes providing the only light. Seeing the characters continue to talk so casually around what looks more or less like a corpse is a little unsettling.
- This page already begins in slightly creepy fashion, with the unlit transporter room. But then we the halls of CK's ship littered with broken MOUSE units, all of them having had their circuits fried despite being otherwise in working order. Then they find one still functioning well enough to only chant "Safe Mode" over and over like a Madness Mantra...
- It gets worse. From the sheer Body Horror of Fortiscue with glowing Zenith eyes suspended from the ceiling by invasive cables, to the fact that Zenith now has the power to Brain Upload people to do who know's what with. Not to mention the sight of her partially dismantled, her parts strewn about a room with enough cables to make SHODAN look like she's gone wireless.