Nightmare Fuel: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Hearing the happy little Square Song from Sesame Street may unintentionally give you the creeps now, thanks to Soundtrack Dissonance.
- Barry's abduction scene, the general scenes of electronics going haywire, and to many, Roy's obvious descent into alien-induced madness. It's just so very deadpan and the setting so banal, yet his madness is profound.
- Johnny Mathis singing "Chances Are" is just the cherry on the icing.
- According to the making-of documentary, Barry's actor wasn't afraid of the abduction scene at the time. Not only was he 'abducted' into his real-life mother's arms, but Spielberg had told him all about what was going to happen a few hours before.
- The scene where the government gases the escapees trying to climb Devil's Tower is very disturbing.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.