Nightmare Fuel / Chuggaaconroy
Chuggaaconroy himself is known for his humor
and high production values
, but every now and then he can easily dip into the fright territory.
- Chugga gives us loads of Nightmare Fuel with some extra octane by describing the life cycle of a Bulbmin. Bulbmin are actually parasitic Pikmin that infected a Bulborb, leaving it vulnerable to your whistle. You then proceed to kill its mother in front of it, hypnotize it with your whistle to do your bidding, and lead it through several life-threatening areas, treating it as just another Pikmin and not caring a bit if it dies. Then you use it to fight against other Bulborbs, AKA its own kind, only to leave it behind to starve to death or be killed when you escape, as it cannot leave the dungeon. Thanks for the sweet dreams, Emile.
- During the Submerged Castle, you could just hear Chugga's fright as he struggled to gather the treasures before the Water Wraith appeared. Some viewers, especially those that have had similar situations happen to them, would likely be on edge as well.
- Especially considering the Water Wraith cannot die until floor 5, so we all could understand his horror when the beast finally appeared before the end.
- In Episode 24, Emile makes a joke about being a Serial Killer. After that, he goes on in an unnervingly deadpan and nervous voice about how he isn't one and will never be one for nearly half a minute. He clearly isn't one, but the whole thing comes off as oddly disturbing.
- This LP has him being creeped out by Link transforming into a Deku. He thinks it's scarier THAN THE MOON!
- Some viewers have noted that the intros to almost all of these episodes start with Chugga as Deku Link note , facing the camera. For those not in the know, Deku Link has sad-looking, bright orange eyes that look like lights, that never blink.
Chugga (in comments): HE STARES INTO YOUR SOUL.
- Also he says that the Happy Mask Salesman is his favorite character out of everyone in all the Zelda games. You gotta admit, that's a bit creepy.
- In episode 7, there's a random, unexplained Gross-Up Close-Up of the moon's freaky face. Gets even scarier thanks to the music in the background.
- His channel icon during this LP was a tiny bit unsettling. Somebody on Twitter actually tweeted to Chugga about how their mother thought the icon was a cult symbol...yeah.
- At one point during the final hours of a three-day cycle, Chuggaa stops to appreciate the music (which is creepy in itself), but then he turns the music up louder for the viewer to hear it better. The thing is, he mistimed it in editing so that the song blasted louder out of nowhere right over the part with him saying he'd turn it up.
- When he first gets the Elegy of Emptiness, he yells, "DON'T DROWN!"
- At the end of Episode 37 of Super Paper Mario, instead of the usual business of having the game's cover in the background with the official art of a character getting closer to the screen, he uses a close-up of The Void, which gets closer and closer with each passing second...
- In part one of the finale of Super Paper Mario, the scene where Dimentio appears to take the Chaos Heart for himself is scary enough. However, Chugga makes it even worse; in past episodes, he always gave Dimentio a cheerful, almost goofy, voice when reading his text. However, here, he manages to add a bit of Ax-Crazy to the voice, making it sound exactly how one would imagine Dimentio to sound at the moment.
- According to this video, Chugga almost got on the Thunder Mountain roller coaster that derailed in Disney Land, killing one person and injuring 10 others. He's had a fear of roller coasters ever since.
- To Chugga, Shari is this.
- Expanded more on a YouTube comment Chuggaa read on a theory of Shari... Which got debunked, since Amelia is living in Masae's town.
- Then there's the fact that she of all people suggested the memetically terrifying Hypno KK.
- His showing of the Alien easter egg in New Leaf. It comes after the normal ending of the video, he gives no indication that it's going to happen, and he says nothing the entire time. You just see his character silently get out of bed at 3:30 in the morning and turn on the TV and wait...
- Chugga visits Aika Village for a Halloween Special.
- What's even more nightmare fuel is the Jump Scare during the part where the dolly is flickering on screen while the staticky TV is heard in the background.
- And during that entire segment, Chugga is silent.