"...all the King's horses, and all the King's men...."
- Professor Pyg threatening to saw off Alfred's broken leg. Even though he's been toned down greatly from his comic counterpart, there are implications that he still butchers his victims.
- Whilst fleeing Batman, Magpie falls off a rooftop and onto a car. She appears to be dead at first, but she slowly gets back up, her bones making a sickening cracking sound.
- The ruins of Miskatonic Psychiatric Hospital are quite unsettling.
- Magpie nearly killing Doctor Ravencroft.
- The opening could probably pass as an animated version of Criminal Minds.
- Humpty Dumpty. His creepy laugh and Slasher Smile are quite disturbing, as seen in this page's image.
- In Tatsu's flashback, the Soultaker Sword's powers are demonstrated when Silver Monkey uses it on a League of Assassins ninja. To say that it's unsettling would be an understatement.
- What really clinches it is the look of fear in the ninja's eyes as Monkey steals his soul.
- The toy soldiers Humpty imprisons his victims in. They detonate if one attempts to free them.
- Stagg using the gas on Rex just to keep him away from Sapphire.
- Rex's skin turning into metal, than bubbling.
- The fact that the process that mutated him was killing him.
- Batman electrocuting Metamorpho.
- "Wayne hooked. Awaiting instructions."
- Lady Shiva using the Soultaker Sword on Dr. Ravencroft onscreen. The end result is horrifying, to say the least. What really makes it chilling is Ravencroft's screams as Batman and Tatsu look on in horror.
- And the only reason she doesn't use the sword on Silver Monkey? She's got something worse in mind for him.
- When Barbara gets kidnapped by Phosphorus Rex, we get a POV shot of her terrified face as she's grabbed.
- Gordon's Adult Fear.
- The Ghosts in general. They never say anything aside from a few grunts during combat, their general appearance is quite scary, and then there's the way they emerge from the shadows after Match calls for them.
- Pretty much everything about Cypher. He's very stealthy and often crawls on the walls, can make you into his personal puppet with his tendrils, and judging by what happened with his first victim, being his puppet isn't very pretty. Not to mention that when he talks through his victims, it's in their voice mixed with his own, complete with creepy metallic echo. And when he laughs, it's terrifying. Especially when he's talking through his victims.
- Cypher getting electrocuted by his own tendril.
- Jason Burr still being under control in the episode's end.
- Anarky's plan to unleash a Titan-esque virus on all of Gotham. Not to mention when we see the virus' effect on the two ninjas.
- The sight of Ra's al Ghul in a cryogenic suspension unit.
- Tatsu getting infected from the virus.
- Pyg and Toad's deathtraps.
Jason Burr: Don't worry. She doesn't suspect a thing. By the time she and Wayne know what's happening, the Ion Cortex will be complete and in your hands.
Lady Shiva: You will be generously rewarded for your assistance, Dr. Burr. Welcome to the League of Assassins.