Nightmare Fuel: Basilisk
- The idea behind Gennosuke and Hyoma's powers. Basically, they can drive you to suicide with only one glance at you. it's even worse in Hyoma's case as, for different reasons in each continuity, he cannot control it — there's a HUGE reason why he practically lives with his eyes closed.
- Almost all of the deaths in this manga are really horrifying — if they're not bloody and painful, they're inspired in some of your insecurities and fears. I.e. we have:
- Shougen being stabbed all over by a maddened Hotarubi, because he spit at her at the worst moment possible;
- Jousuke having Jingoro forcing himself down his throat and killed from the inside out;
- The aforementioned Hotarubi having her hands cut off and then being stabbed through the chest, before her lifeless body falls off a cliff;
- Gyoubu being stabbed to death when still merged to a panel and then having said panel put on display;
- Jingoro falling into the sea and freaking dissolving before he can be fetched by his clansmen, which was actually his worst fear ever coming true;
- Okoi being bound, stripped, tortured, almost raped, and finally made into a Human Pincushion right when she was about to get free;
- Koshirou being given a Kiss of Death by Kagerou as Saemon uses his blindness to trick him into believing his friend Akeginu is coming from him;
- How Tenzen's resurrecting powers work - a demonic symbiote, either the vengeful spirit of his dead mother (anime) or his unborn twin brother (manga), inhabits his body and feeds on his wounds to regenerate him.
- Also, what Tenzen did to Kagerou. Not only he raped her when she was an official prisioner of the Iga, but when after recapturing her... he tied the poor woman up, got her blindfolded as well as topless, and tortured her via shooting needles into her bare torso, solely out of sadism. You know it's totally horrible when Oboro, the same girl whom Kagerou tried to murder less than an hour ago, stumbles into the torture site and pleads for him to spare the woman who wanted her dead more than anything.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.