- GENIE Jafar. If you didn't already get a Devil vibe from this guy, he transforms from a massive serpent to a GIGANTIC, CRIMSON, FANGED, BLACK-TALON-HAVING, MUSCLEBOUND ABOMINATION SURROUNDED WITH PLUMES OF SMOKE AND FLASHES OF LIGHTNING, BELLOWING ABOUT HOW THE UNIVERSE IS HIS PLAYTHING. YIKES.
- Aladdin almost drowning.
- Jasmine nearly suffocating in a giant hourglass.
- Carpet being unraveled.
- Some of the Genie's faces are Uncanny Valley.
- The Cave of Wonders screaming "Now you will never again see the light! Of! Daaaaaaayyyy!!"
- The thief at the beginning getting "eaten" by the Cave of Wonders. His scream is awful.
- The Cave of Wonders, period. A giant sand tiger creature with glowing eyes and a wide open mouth is...incredibly unsettling.
- Abu pulling the sword out of the sword swallower's mouth in "One Jump Ahead".
- Also from "One Jump Ahead", the guy on the bed of nails who gets stepped on by a guard. That makes two likely fatalities in a single musical number.
- The deleted ending where the Peddler reveals himself to be the Genie - supposedly cut for time, or because people would have left early and missed the gag, but maybe the REAL reason is that it would have ended the movie on an eerie note. This sequence has only been seen by the masses in storyboard form, but the combination of the Peddler/Genie's ominous vocal tone, dramatic music in the background, the sudden unexpected "poof" transformation, and the fast pace of the sequence gives it a strong scare factor. Then, to top it off, the Genie "makes ya look" as in the final ending, except that he does so by letting out a really shrill scream.
- "Your eternal reward ..."
- Jafar's insane laughter at the end of Prince Ali Reprise and the shot of him slowly looming over Jasmine and the Sultan, who are both defenseless and utterly terrified. The whole scene shifting to a red tint with the music growing very intense as he does it doesn't help in the slightest.
Jafar: Ex-Prince AliiiiiiiEEE HAHAHAHA! AHH HAHAHAHA!! AHHHH HA HA HA!!!
- The original concept art for Genie.◊
- Genie turned into a rotten zombie form while explaining to Aladdin that his powers forbid him from bringing dead people to life. Bonus points go to Aladdin's reaction to this if you've noticed it—looks like he's about to throw up!
- Just picture what would happen if Jafar succeeded in having Genie use his magic to make Jasmine fall in love with him.
- Pretty much the whole scene where Jafar takes over. The palace is absolutely huge, dwarfing the rest of Agrabah. The fact something like that can be picked up like a carrot out of a garden is bad enough, but having it be moved by a friend against his will is still the tip of the iceberg! How Jafar reveals he's the one in charge of the Genie to Al by having him tower over the palace like a mile-tall wingless Chernabog, how minutes ago everything was going so well, Jafar wishing he was the most powerful sorceror in the world, and Al tries in vain to have Genie miss powering up his target... Someone's having a bad day.
- "Finders keepers, Abooboo," indeed.
- Jasmine, still glowing with love after the "Whole New World" sequence, is in her room combing her hair. From behind her appears her father with glazed, red-tinted eyes, speaking in a Creepy Monotone, opening the other door to reveal a leering Jafar, her new husband, standing there. It's like something out of a horror movie.
- When Jafar hypnotizes the Sultan, it is usually just long enough to get him to agree with a single decision, after which he is left dazed for a moment before returning to normal. Apparently this has its limits, though, as the Sultan was able to break control when trying to convince him to marry Jasmine to him before. This time, Jafar is asserting direct control, and it's terrifying. Jasmine's growing alarm at her father's state is painfully realistic to boot.
- Beheading. It does not happen at any point in the movie but it is mentioned and judging from Jasmine's reaction when Jafar lies that Aladdin has been beheaded and later when Jafar and Iago both imagine what might happen to them when Jasmine is queen it becomes clear that this fate is dreaded on both sides. Considering one of the sequel and the series had near beheadings it might just get worse from what the original film had.
Nightmare Fuel / Aladdin
Works with their own Nightmare Fuel pages: