Wolfmother is an Australian Hard Rock group. The band formed in 2000 with Andrew Stockdale (vocals and guitar), Chris Ross (bass and keyboard), and Myles Heskett (drums) and released their debut album in Australia in 2005. Founding members Ross and Heskett left the band in 2008, and Stockdale was joined by Ian Peres (bass and keyboard), Aidan Nemeth (rhythm guitar), and Dave Atkins (drums) after a brief hiatus for the release of their second album. Atkins left in 2010 and was replaced by Will Rockwell-Scott.The band has released two LPs:
- Wolfmother (2005)
- Cosmic Egg (2009)
Wolfmother provides examples of:
- Careful with That Axe: "Dimension", the first track of their eponymous album.
- It's the first thing on the album. Jump Scare at its finest.
- Cosmic Egg: The name and cover of their second album.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Woman, you are a woman, you gotta be a woman..."
- Funny Afro: Andrew Stockdale has one.
- I Am the Band: Andrew Stockdale, whose Small Name, Big Ego attitude in interviews alienated the other members of the band, resulting in him being the only original member left.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 5-6.
- Retraux: Wolfmother has often been compared to classic rock bands such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and probably the best possible comparison, Black Sabbath.
- Revolving Door Band: Only one of the founding members remains, and the band's on their third drummer.
- Rock Trio: Up until 2009.
- Self-Titled Album
- Shout-Out: "Joker and the Thief" to "All Along the Watchtower", albeit In Name Only.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Chris Ross, who played bass and keyboard, was replaced with Ian Peres, who plays bass and keyboard.
- X Meets Y: Black Sabbath meets Bob Dylan. Now you can imagine how they rock.