A New York rock band, most famous for their Signature Song Teenage Dirtbag. Formed in 1995 by lead singer and guitarist Brendan B. Brown, the only original member still in the band. He is now joined (according to the Other Wiki) by Matthew Milligan on bass, Kevin Joaquin Garcia on drums, Mark Palmer on keyboards and Karlie Bruce and Gabrielle Aimée Sterbenz as backing vocalists.Known for their first album Wheatus (the only one to make any real headway in the charts), their hyperactive, often vulgar songs and Brendan's fondness for sunglasses and hats.
Wheatus provide examples of:
- British Weather: The London Sun, what else?
- Cool Shades: Brendan in the videos for Teenage Dirtbag and Wannabe Gangstar.
- Humiliation Conga: The whole music video for A Little Respect for the protagonist.
- I Am What I Am: Almost verbatim where I Am What I Is is concerned.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Brendan is borderline one of these, especially in the video for A Little Respect.
- Nice Hat: Brendan in the videos for Teenage Dirtbag and Wannabe Gangstar.
- Precocious Crush: "BMX Bandits"
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: the whole point of Wannabe Gangstar.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Teenage Dirtbag.
- Spoonerism: The album Suck Fony, titled as a Take That to their former record label.
- Testosterone Poisoning: "Dynomite Satchel of Pain" combines this with McNinja
- Your Cheating Heart: Lemonade. Hilariously so.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.