Vision Divine is a Power Metal band from Italy formed in 1998 as a side project of Labyrinth's guitarist Carlo Andrea "Olaf Thorsen" Magnani, which also features Rhapsody of Fire's (in that moment, simply Rhapsody) singer Fabio Lione. The name of the band is composed by the previous name of Labyrinth (Vision) and the supposed name of Olaf's first solo album (Divine). The band had many lineup changes, with Olaf as the only constant member.
- Fabio Lione - vocals
- Carlo Andrea "Olaf Thörsen" Magnani - guitar
- Cristiano Bertocchi - bass
- Federico Puleri - guitar
- Alessio "Tom" Lucatti - keyboard
- Alessandro "Bix" Bissa - drums
- Michele Luppi - Vocals (2003-2008)
- Andrew Mc Pauls - Keyboard (1999-2002)
- Oleg Smirnoff - Keyboard (2002-2005)
- Cristiano Bertocchi - Bass (2006-2012)
- Mat Stancioiu - Drums (1999-2002)
- Ricky Quagliato - Drums (2006)
- Matteo Amoroso - Drums (2003-2005)
- Danil Morini - Drums (2006) (session music)
- Vision Divine - 1999
- Send Me An Angel - 2002
- Stream Of Consciousness - 2004
- The Perfect Machine - 2005
- The 25th. Hour - 2007
- 9 Degrees West To The Moon - 2009
- Destination Set To Nowhere - 2012
The band has examples of:
- Book Ends: Stream of Consciousness begins and ends with the main character asking what's the meaning of life.
- Break-Up Song: "Taste of a Goodbye", from Send Me An Angel.
- Compelling Voice: In "New Eden", from Vision Divine:Shall you kneel down to me...I am your reason to be...
- Concept Album: The three albums with Luppi, Stream of Consciousness, The Perfect Machine and The 25th. Hour. The latter is a follow-up to the first, thematically-wise.
- Cover Version: "The Final Countdown", "Take On Me", "Invitation/Eagle Fly Free", "The Needle Lies", "Another Day", "A Touch Of Evil", "Wasted Years" and "Gutter Ballet".
- '80s Hair
- Epic Rocking: Mostly averted for the genre, except in "Letter to my child never born" from 9 Degrees West To The Moon, (8:56) "The Perfect Machine", from the eponymous album (7:56) and "Colours Of My World" from Stream Of Consciousness. (7:24) And those are just the examples over the 7-minutes mark.
- Instrumental: "Forgotten Worlds" from Vision Divine; "Incipit" and "Nemesis" from Send Me An Angel; "In The Light", "Fool's Garden" and "The Fall of Reason" from Stream of Consciousness; and "Waiting for the Dawn" from The 25th. Hour.
- Loads And Loads Of Musicians: So far, the band had two singers, three keyboard players, two bassists and five drummers. The only constant members on the lineup are Olaf and Federico, the guitar players.
- Lonely Piano Piece: "Of Light And Darkness" from Vision Divine.
- Science Is Bad: The Perfect Machine deals with a history about a scientist who discovered the key to eternal life.
- The End of the World as We Know It: "Apocalypse Coming", from Send Me An Angel.