ROVIX the mascot
VIXX is a six-member K pop boy band debuting on May 24, 2012. Notable for their quickly-growing fanbase. The group consists of:
- N, the leader and vocalist,
- Leo, a main vocalist,
- Ken, the other main vocalist,
- Ravi, the lead rapper,
- Hongbin, vocalist and rapper,
- and Hyuk, the maknae and dancer.
VIXX shows the following tropes:
- All There in the Manual: Apparently Leo is the DJ for VIXX TV.
- Ambiguously Brown: N is subject to many jokes.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Many people tend to think that Leo is suffering from one of these due to his extreme camera shyness.
- Artistic License - Physics: On and On. Launching people to outer space will cause the G-forces to crush them. Unless if they're not humans at all.
- Berserk Button: The other members enjoy setting Leo off. Also, when it comes to sports Leo is super competitive.
- Big Brother Mentor: Singers; Park Hyo Shin, Sung Shi Kyung, and Seo In Gook to VIXX
- Bloodier and Gorier: The Hyde music video was this compared to On and On, but the music video for Voodoo Doll makes both of them seem pleasant by comparison.
- Boy Band
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: All of them are quirky people (save Hongbin and Hyuk), but all of them can sing, dance and rap like no one's business.
- Catch Phrase: Everyone in the group (save Leo) has said "Wow!" at least three times, but Ken and N seem to be the worst offenders. Also, Ken and "Otokaji~?" ("What do we do~?") In fact, he has a song for it, consisting of only that word. And then there's Hyuk and "Bum-babum-babum..."
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Mostly Ken.
- Cool Shades: Ravi and Leo often sport these.
- Darker and Edgier: The music video for "On and On" is definitely this compared to "Super Hero" and "Rock Ur Body". It's been turned up to eleven with "Hyde".
- Defrosting Ice King: Leo seems to be ever so slowly warming up to cameras lately. Ever so slowly.
- Designated Parents: N is often referred to as the Mom, while Leo is sometimes mentioned as the dad.
- Eye Scream: All over the place in the Voodoo Doll MV.
- Hates Being Touched: Leo, unless he initiates it.
- Fanboy: Hongbin is a huge fan of the singer Park Hyo Shin.
- Fan Community Nick Names: Rovix (yes, their robot mascot) posted a tweet saying that the official fan name is "St★rlight" (Starlight).
- Female Gaze: Like N and his butt for example.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Music video for "Hyde"
- Gratuitous English: Ravi, at the beginning of Super Hero ("Show we gonna make it rookie's time, race is exciting!"); it was to the point where English speakers were wondering if he was speaking English. He gets better in Rock Ur Body, though ("Let the games begin/ Check it out, V I double X in da house!").
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Leo often listens to music in the car while the others talk during VIXX TV.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Compare current Ken with predebut Ken. It's pretty interesting what hair, make up and a removal of glasses can do.
- He's Got Legs: Most of the members are over 180cm tall.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: "I Don't Want to Be an Idol" is about a idol that falls in love with a girl, but can't do any of the things that normal couples can do without fangirls and paparazzi following them.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Everyone's (except Leo's) hair changes every once in a while, but Ravi is notable for changing his hair color four times in a six month period..
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Mecha: Rovix
- The Leader: "Hello, I am leader N."
- Lighter and Softer: Their MV for "Because the Answer is You" or "Only U." It was filmed while they were on tour, and basically consists of them walking around Stockholm in semi-formal clothing.
- The Eternity music video counts as well, for being the relatively tame, if melancholic, direct successor to Voodoo Doll.
- Lucky Charms Title: The official to write the fan name is St★rlight.
- Mascot: Rovix, the robot head that appears on much of their clothing and accessories.
- Marionette Motion: A lot of the choreography in Voodoo Doll utilizes this.
- Name's the Same: Isn't N an American detective of sorts? And isn't Ken supposed to be with Barbie? (Although Ken's name was done on purpose. He was named after the Street Fighter of the same name, and looks like Japanese actor Hirai Ken.)
- Not so Above It All: Leo, again, during those rare moments where he joins the others in whatever antics they're doing.
- Older than They Look: Guys N's age are jealous of his youthful looks.
- One of Us: Apparently, they like Naruto, One Piece (especially Tony Tony Chopper), Evangelion, and the Gundam series.
- People Puppets: In the music video for Voodoo Doll, which of course leads to its logical conclusion.
- Pet the Dog: Nothing stands between Leo and an adorable animal.
- Reality Show: VIXX TV and MTV Diary are the "day in the life" variety, and My Dol is the competition variety.
- Shirtless Scene: A certain tag for My Dol had all 10 members shirtless and covered in mud.
- Fangirls have been going crazy that "On and On" has a bit of Phantom of the Opera in it.
- In the video for their single Hyde, all six members sport some of the face paint options from Skyrim at one point or another.
- The lyrics of Hyde is inspired by Jekyll & Hyde. They also had mini-albums entitled "Jekyll" and "Hyde".
- Six Student Clique:
- N: The Head by position as the leader.
- Hyuk: The Quirk, as during one episode of MTV Diary, he went to go play in a park. He's 18.
- Hongbin: The Pretty One, being the "visual" of the group.
- Leo: The Muscle, knowing taekwondo and boxing, plus having the biggest arms and a six pack.
- Ravi: The Smart One, who sometimes says meaningful and profound things.
- Ken: The Wild One, being the most hyper one in the group.
- Slice of Life: VIXX TV, the show that N (and sometimes Ravi and Ken) host on their YouTube Channel, RealVIXX.
- So Unfunny It's Funny: Ken is the main offender.
- Stage Names:
- Leo's real name is Jung Taekwoon.
- N's real name is Cha Hakyeon.
- Ken's real name is Lee Jaehwan.
- Ravi's real name is Kim Wonshik.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Our dear Leo, we love him so.