Music: Up Up Down Down
"Up, Up, Down, Down" is a Flash animated music video by self-proclaimed "Nerd Rock" band, Kirby Krackle. It starts out as a sweet love song about a geeky video game store clerk who has a crush on a girl who frequents his shop, before going into something completely different. The video can be viewed here.
The video provides examples of:
- Animesque: Including several standard "anime gestures".
- Blank White Eyes: The pianist switches between theses and Eyes Always Shut.
- Dogged Nice Guy: The male lead is a milder version.
- Downer Ending: The girl is a stalker who murders the lead after their date by cooking him alive and eating him.
- Foreshadowing: The girl has a poison mushroom shirt.
- Gamer Chick: The female lead.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: Where the male lead winds up.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The girl.
- Lyrical Dissonance: You will never hear someone sound happier while singing "Because I'm dead".
- Murder Ballad: From the victim's point of view.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Yes.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: The girl.
- Played for Laughs: The twist ending.
- Shout-Out: Many.
- The Konami Code in the title and song lyrics.
- The girl's poison mushroom shirt.
- The lyrics even mention Hyrule.
- "I should take a risk, then like Wilson Fisk, be the Kingpin of this day."
- During his daydream, the male lead imagines the girl wearing Morrigan's signature outfit.
- (She) warned me that I shouldn't scream or she'd gut me like Wolverine.
- Stalker with a Crush: The girl.
- Twist Ending
- Unmoving Plaid: The girl's skirt.
- Yandere: The girl.