Uffie was born in America, raised in Hong Kong, and is now based in Paris. She is known for her electro
style and frequent collaborations with Ed Banger labelmates. Uffie is also known to be a muse to many influential French DJs. She tends to make songs about partying, some of which are satirical
. Unusually, she has achieved a large amount of acclaim despite having yet to release a full-length album.
Her live performances have drawn comparisons to the Andy Warhol
art movement. Uffie has been described as having "a deliberately staid anti-flow delivery that walks a fine line between electro and nu-skool rap." Sometimes, she uses a fake English accent
, drawing sharp contrast between the "fancy" and "proper" sounding accent and frank, tough, party-oriented lyrics. Despite only having one album, the extremely
anticipated Sex Dreams and Denim Jeans
, she has achieved a high level of acclaim both in France and abroad.
Uffie is an example of:
- Bad Girl Song
- "Badass bitch, I'm rated X..."
- Boastful Rap: "Pop the Glock".
- "I'm like, hot chick that you can't even touch."
- Creator Couple: A frequent collaborator is French DJ Feadz, her ex-boyfriend.
- The Lad-ette
- Listing Cities: Most noteworthy, in "Ready To Uff".
- Lyrical Dissonance: Admit it, half her appeal is hearing a cute girl like her recite profane, self-aggrandizing rap lyrics in a deadpan monotone.
- The Muse
- Piss-Take Rap: How much of her lyrics are serious and how much are Stealth Parody?
- Revolvers Are Just Better: "Pop the Glock" features a sound effect of a spinning chamber. Glock doesn't even make revolvers.
- Rockstar Song: Common, especially in songs such as "Robot Oeuf".
- Silly Love Songs: "F1rst Love".
- Stealth Parody: A few songs, including "ADD SUV" which she described as "poking fun at the rap fraternity's obsession with possessions, particularly their cars..."
- Word Salad Title: "Robot Oeuf", definitely. It also has nothing to do with the song.