Uffie was born in America, raised in Hong Kong, and is now based in Paris. She is known for her electro/rap/Synth Pop style and frequent collaborations with Ed Banger labelmates. Uffie is also known to be a muse to many influential French DJs. She tends to make songs about partying, some of which are satirical. Unusually, she has achieved a large amount of acclaim despite having yet to release a full-length album.Her live performances have drawn comparisons to the Andy Warhol art movement. Uffie has been described as having "a deliberately staid anti-flow delivery that walks a fine line between electro and nu-skool rap." Sometimes, she uses a fake English accent, drawing sharp contrast between the "fancy" and "proper" sounding accent and frank, tough, party-oriented lyrics. Despite only having one album, the extremely anticipated Sex Dreams and Denim Jeans, she has achieved a high level of acclaim both in France and abroad.
Uffie is an example of:
- Bad Girl Song
- "Badass bitch, I'm rated X..."
- Boastful Rap: "Pop the Glock".
- "I'm like, hot chick that you can't even touch."
- Creator Couple: A frequent collaborator is French DJ Feadz, her ex-boyfriend.
- The Lad-ette
- Listing Cities: Most noteworthy, in "Ready To Uff".
- Lyrical Dissonance: Admit it, half her appeal is hearing a cute girl like her recite profane, self-aggrandizing rap lyrics in a deadpan monotone.
- The Muse
- Piss-Take Rap: How much of her lyrics are serious and how much are Stealth Parody?
- Revolvers Are Just Better: "Pop the Glock" features a sound effect of a spinning chamber. Glock doesn't even make revolvers.
- Rockstar Song: Common, especially in songs such as "Robot Oeuf".
- Silly Love Songs: "F1rst Love".
- Stealth Parody: A few songs, including "ADD SUV" which she described as "poking fun at the rap fraternity's obsession with possessions, particularly their cars..."
- Word Salad Title: "Robot Oeuf", definitely. It also has nothing to do with the song.