Music: Three Doors Down
3 Doors Down are an American rock band from Escatawpa, Mississippi, who blasted their way onto the music scene with their debut album, The Better Life, featuring the hit single "Kryptonite", a shining example of Crowning Music of Awesome.The band formed in 1996 and has continued making quality rock ever since. Many fans and critics have noted that 3 Doors Down manages to make music that's gritty and emotional without falling into the trap of Wangst, and their greatest hits have become anthems for millions of people.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This band provides examples of:
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: Brad Arnold first got the drumbeat for "Kryptonite"—and began musing about the lyrics and the themes behind them—in the middle of his high school math class (he was creating the drumbeat with his pencil), later noting that math was the subject during which he'd always drifted off.
- Eagleland: Firmly in Type 1. The band does a very admirable job of celebrating and raising funds for the members of the United States military. "Citizen/Soldier" is a prime example. They've also done extensive charity work to help the people of the Gulf Coast.
- The Nineties: The band formed in 1996.
- Post-Grunge: They came out when this trend was in full swing, yet have managed to remain relatively successful once it faded.
- Self-Titled Album: Which, in contrast to most examples of this trope, is actually their fourth studio effort rather than their debut.